Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,056 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jul 22, 2011, 07:03:34 PM
...... How can Halo 4 be a prequel, if we saw Chief waking up after the end of Halo 3?
That's just dumb.

Looking it up, and supposedly it may be a prequel and a sequel. Maybe it will be sort of like ODST, with flashbacks, only to Chief's past. That will be a cool way to get Covenant in the game, maybe even his training on Reach. And somehow the two stories will tie in.

Aeus

Aeus

Flashbacks would be sweet. They could add lots of juicy character moments.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

That.... actually doesnt sound so bad.
They just need to handle it well

Aeus

Aeus

I can't really imagine them working that into the Halo formula though...

The series is relentless action with little character development and most of the emphasis on plot. Having character moments would need to take the focus off action for a bit, which would be pretty bold, new ground for Halo to tread.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aeus on Jul 22, 2011, 07:26:37 PM

The series is relentless action with little character development and most of the emphasis on plot. Having character moments would need to take the focus off action for a bit, which would be pretty bold, new ground for Halo to tread.

Halo always had character moments, not int he sense that you're talking about, but more quick nods. Its worked so far, and I can see them pulling that, and even more, off in halo 4.

Corporal Hicks

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 22, 2011, 07:31:34 PM

Halo always had character moments, not int he sense that you're talking about, but more quick nods. Its worked so far, and I can see them pulling that, and even more, off in halo 4.

That was with new characters, and I'm I think you're familiar with my opinion on them, so I won't go into it.

Making an established character like Chief more fleshed out will require a more deft, nuanced touch.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aeus on Jul 22, 2011, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 22, 2011, 07:31:34 PM

That was with new characters, and I'm I think you're familiar with my opinion on them, so I won't go into it.

Making an established character like Chief more fleshed out will require a more deft, nuanced touch.

Well, they never said how far flashbacks will go (if there even are flashbacks, that's just speculation), but starting from the ground up on Reach might be a great way to ease into character development.

About to watch that video.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Nightlord on Jul 22, 2011, 07:38:22 PM
The demo of silent cartographer shown during the panel
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/featured/video/anniversary-campaign-demo/ae04979b-769c-4216-9f21-0711f80ded6d

Looks great. Loving how slick the transition between old and new is.

Not diggin the updated design for the Halo ring though. Too busy.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I actually like the business, with all the clouds and stuff, but really, that's just a matter of personal preference.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Another video, seems to be one of the terminals probably the first one you find and don't worry it's not a Halo 4 trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMAzhWmFiRo#ws

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well that was pretty friggin amazing.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Watching that Silent Cartogropher video made me realize how great my fear of water in video games has grown due to years of Halo 3.
I swear, when he drove towards the water I got a feeling in my gut like "What are you doing? THE WARTHOG WILL EXPLO-" then nothing happened and my mind seemed to remember "This is Halo CE dude, the 'hog is invincible"

And that Halo 4 teaser seems good, I just wish I could understand him clearly.

EDIT: still watching the CEA video
DAT PISTOL FLIP

Aeus

Aeus

izzat chiefs face at 37 secs?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed