Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,532 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

So today... I'm here to announce... Halo 4...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oabcM9SOF-E#ws

Shasvre

Shasvre

I don't really see a problem with the new suit myself, as long as there's an explanation for it.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

He just got out of cryo though... so an explantion is impossible.  :-\

Shasvre

Shasvre

Maybe it's not a cryo tube, but an advanced wardrobe? :laugh:

But as other members pointed out, maybe it will happen in a different way in the game. If not, well that's just lazy...

Huol

Huol

Well his suit changed from halo 2 to 3 as well.
Just not as drastically.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Who cares about Halo 4?  CE remake baby!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 07, 2011, 05:23:52 AM

Oh, Silent Cartographer. How I loved you so.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 07, 2011, 10:33:09 AM

Its just a pre rendered trailer. I can name plenty of games that had pre-rendered announcement trailers where the character looks completely different in the end game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_cRZ24BVKM#noexternalembed An example of what I'd really like to finally be able to do as a Spartan. Maybe with a little less Matrix spinning, but still maneuverable and fast. And less Nolan North.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 07, 2011, 10:31:49 AM
I don't really see a problem with the new suit myself, as long as there's an explanation for it.
Agreed.
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 07, 2011, 10:33:09 AM
Hopefully its like what I said, a preview of things to come. Hopefully in game he will exit with the real suit, and then get that one.

And, today a friend mentioned that maybe the rocket boosters only work in zero-g. Not a bad theory, actually. One could then ask "why didn't he use it when he had the bomb in Halo 2"? but maybe he just didn't want to jostle the bomb and cause any unnecessary...explosions.

We'll see how it all turns out.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 07, 2011, 01:41:31 AM
Yes they were.

Geez. Halo has more problems continuity-wise than A/P.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 07, 2011, 06:36:21 PM
And, today a friend mentioned that maybe the rocket boosters only work in zero-g. Not a bad theory, actually. One could then ask "why didn't he use it when he had the bomb in Halo 2"? but maybe he just didn't want to jostle the bomb and cause any unnecessary...explosions.

But it would have been mentioned in the MJOLNIR specs before now. There really is 0 explantion for it.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 07, 2011, 07:27:33 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 07, 2011, 01:41:31 AM
Yes they were.

Geez. Halo has more problems continuity-wise than A/P.
Only one main one, and that would be the changing of the battle for Reach's events. Everything else ends up the same. Halo 4 is already showing signs of "f**k ups". Like the cryo wardrobe.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

I guess they tied up the Ascendant Justice guy in a closet.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 07, 2011, 07:36:14 PM

But it would have been mentioned in the MJOLNIR specs before now. There really is 0 explantion for it.

Just because it was never mentioned before, doesn't mean it has to break canon. Things can be written in and not break canon. Happened before.

Like, Fall of Reach never mentioned Spartan IIIs or Brutes because they weren't invented yet, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be there (Reach showed us they were).

I'm still hesitant on the thrusters, but if they can be explained, then go for it. It would have been easier to leave them out, but they're there. Nothing I can do about it.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 07, 2011, 07:47:50 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 07, 2011, 07:36:14 PM

Just because it was never mentioned before, doesn't mean it has to break canon. Things can be written in and not break canon. Happened before.

Like, Fall of Reach never mentioned Spartan IIIs or Brutes because they weren't invented yet, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be there (Reach showed us they were).

I'm still hesitant on the thrusters, but if they can be explained, then go for it. It would have been easier to leave them out, but they're there. Nothing I can do about it.
Brutes weren't integrated into our armor the entire time, and Reach was a battle spanning an entire planet.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I understand that, but all I'm saying is that they could easily write in that he just never had a use for the thrusters until then. Plus, for all we know, it could just be in the cutscene.

Oh, another thing. Did anyone else notice the thing at the end of the trailer looked a lot like the Portal form Halo 3? I noticed that after reading on Waypoint's forums.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed