Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,383 times)

Aeus

Aeus

He looks sufficiently Spartany enough for me. But I prefer his look in H3, dunno why they changed it. Gonna wait til I hear some plot details before I write this off though, not gonna dismiss it on something superficial.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

I'll be getting the CE remake for sure.  Halo 4, probably not.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Nightlord on Jun 06, 2011, 11:54:29 PM
Yea it is from the trailer.
Well then......
Spoiler

f**kING CRAP
I TRIED.
OKAY!?!
I f**kING TRIED NOT TO HATE IT.
I TRIED TO GIVE IT A CHANCE, I TRIIIIEEEEED.
BUT EVERYTHING SEEMS WRONG
ITS NOT HALO
ITS NOT HALO
I MEAN THEY DIDN'T NEED TO DO THAT.
THEY DIDN'T NEED TO CHANGE CHIEF AND ADD SHIT AND MAKE SOME SORT OF EXPLOSIVE GUN THAT LOOKS LIKE ITS FROM GEARS OF WAR.
AND HE'S NOT A NINJA
HE'S A WALKING TANK. THE MARINES AND BUNGIE CALL HIM THAT FOR A REASON.
AND THEN EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMNED 343 MEMBER SAYS IT'S GREAT AND HARD CORE FANS WILL LOVE IT.
WHAT ARE THEY SEEING WERE NOT.
WHAT?!?
f**k IT ALL IT'S GONNA ALL GO DOWN NOW ISN'T IT?
ISNT IT?!?!
IM THROUGH.
THEY BETTER SHOW ME SOMETHING THAT I WILL LOVE BECAUSE I DON'T LOVE THIS.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
:'(
[close]

Remonster

Remonster

Haha, I'm gonna wait to see more before I cry myself to sleep

Aeus

Aeus

People saying 'he's not a ninja' need to read Fall of Reach. The guy is so fast he deflects a missile with his arm.

A missile.

With his arm.

Remonster

Remonster

I really wish they'd make the video game Spartans more like the book Spartans. In the games they can jump high and sometimes run fast, but in the books they're just so much crazier.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 06, 2011, 11:58:36 PM
He looks sufficiently Spartany enough for me. But I prefer his look in H3, dunno why they changed it. Gonna wait til I hear some plot details before I write this off though, not gonna dismiss it on something superficial.

Agreed on every point. I don't like the rocket boosters, mostly, and everything else seemed good enough. I want to hear aobut the story first.

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 06, 2011, 09:00:09 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 06, 2011, 07:19:41 PM
So Halo 4 will be out next year and the CE remake will be out later this year. I find it so soon that they a new game a year apart and I hope they don't rush things out.

*checks date*

November 15 2011...

Spoiler
f**k you Skyrim, HD Halo: CE all the way.
[close]

Agreed. I need to preorder CEA soon! :D

Quote from: Remonster on Jun 07, 2011, 01:02:21 AM
I really wish they'd make the video game Spartans more like the book Spartans. In the games they can jump high and sometimes run fast, but in the books they're just so much crazier.

Maybe Halo 4 will be like that :)

EDIT: Frankie said that the new armor will be explained:
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1076188

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 07, 2011, 12:56:42 AM
People saying 'he's not a ninja' need to read Fall of Reach. The guy is so fast he deflects a missile with his arm.

A missile.

With his arm.
I've read all of them. Being lightweight and nimble as f**k doesn't have anything to do with deflecting a missile; being a walking tank does. And that's what he is.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 07, 2011, 01:02:51 AM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 06, 2011, 09:00:09 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 06, 2011, 07:19:41 PM
So Halo 4 will be out next year and the CE remake will be out later this year. I find it so soon that they a new game a year apart and I hope they don't rush things out.

*checks date*

November 15 2011...

Spoiler
f**k you Skyrim, HD Halo: CE all the way.
[close]

Agreed. I need to preorder CEA soon! :D
Haha, so you guys would rather play a game you've already played hundreds of times before instead of one you've never played (with over 300 hours of gameplay)? Eek... that's so frighteningly blind fanboyism, no?  :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well, I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before, but at the moment, I just have no interest. Maybe I Will eventually, but at the moment, no, not so much  :-\

I've only played CE twice in its entirety, so the HD experience should be a really good one for me.

And I wouldn't really say I have blind fanboyism, as I am still very hesitant with Halo 4 until it proves itself. The trailer was really cool (I thought) butt he rocket boosters were a major turn off.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

A missile.

With his arm.

And this, boys and girls, is why novels aren't canon.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yes they were.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 07, 2011, 01:22:57 AM

A missile.

With his arm.
I've read all of them. Being lightweight and nimble as f**k doesn't have anything to do with deflecting a missile; being a walking tank does. And that's what he is.

His reaction speeds would have to be through the roof. Anyone who thinks he's just a walking tank doesn't get Chief. Spartans are amazing at everything, and Chiefs the best overall Spartan. He's rediculous capable at dealing with any scenario. Nothing he does in that trailer is out of character.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Except for fly :P (By the way, Chief isn't the best Spartan, just the luckiest).

And I posted this in the happy thread. I tihnk that, at the beginning, when Chief comes out of cryo, he will still have his old suit, but at some point in the game he will receive the new one from either a group of humans or Forerunner who model it off of his suit, with their better technology. Plus, who knows how log after 3 this even takes place.

Remonster

Remonster

He might not be the best, but he's still damn good. Especially when Cortana is with him helping him out. Obviously there is going to be a lot to this game that we have no clue about, yet. Thats how its always been with Halo games. Game gets announced, fans pick at every detail, then details get released.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Just read Frankie's blog on Waypoint. CEA will have a Firefight map that is appropriate for the CE setting, and does sometihng that Firefight has never done before.

Flood, anyone? ;D

EDIT: And CEA is only $40! :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed