Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,017 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Dude, the same sosz happened with the other games.
Especially Halo 2, at least for a while after it's release. Then it cooled down after about a year or two

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I liked Halo Reach much more than any other Halo game I played.  Granted I only played the original and odst but I thought it was easily better than both.  The story was formulatic, but it was presented in a more somber and serious tone than I thought either Halo or ODST were and I like that style of story better.

Yautja117

Yautja117

To be honest though, I hated Reach's story. I found Noble Team's entire existence to be useless and (save for Jorge) fairly unlikable.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Yautja117 on May 14, 2011, 05:52:50 AM
To be honest though, I hated Reach's story. I found Noble Team's entire existence to be useless and (save for Jorge) fairly unlikable.
To be brutally honest, Jorge was the only one who didn't aid for any major impact (doesn't mean I didn't like the character). Noble Six was integral to the entire series happening... without him, Cortana would have never been brought to Chief.

Yautja117

Yautja117

I just happen to like the novel better. I couldn't really get into Reach at all.  :-\

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 14, 2011, 05:58:34 AM
To be brutally honest, Jorge was the only one who didn't aid for any major impact (doesn't mean I didn't like the character). Noble Six was integral to the entire series happening... without him, Cortana would have never been brought to Chief.
Yes, that's what I liked.
You're the one who kickstarted your adventures as Chief.
It actually took me a while after beating it for it to fully hit me how grand that is.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on May 14, 2011, 06:06:19 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 14, 2011, 05:58:34 AM
Yes, that's what I liked.
You're the one who kickstarted your adventures as Chief.
It actually took me a while after beating it for it to fully hit me how grand that is.
I also like the fact that (obviously) it's so unsung. Thus, Noble Team proves their name through complete sacrifice.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

I also realized and liked that.
Really it gives the game lots of new layers to just stop and think about it for a while

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yep, I feel the same exact way.

But now that we know what happens from Reach to the end of the war, I would like to see some other important events. Maybe a Harvest game where you play as Johnson (with a potential Sgt. Forge cameo), another RTS set at another point in the war, an ODST styled game about New Alexandria's ODSTs, a Flood survival horror, a Halo 4, UNSC vs Insurrectionist, Flood vs Forerunner, I really don't care where the series goes next, as long as the story (and music) is up to par with the six games I know and love.

EDIT: I'm not sure if anyone else heard about it, but I really can't wait to get this book. Its a tenth anniversary art book, which will go all the way back to before Halo Combat Evolved, and will have stuff from all six games and Halo Legends. Sounds really interesting.

http://bnbgaming.com/2011/05/10/halo-the-great-journey-the-art-of-building-worlds-art-book-to-release-later-this-year/

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 15, 2011, 05:10:23 PM

EDIT: I'm not sure if anyone else heard about it, but I really can't wait to get this book. Its a tenth anniversary art book, which will go all the way back to before Halo Combat Evolved, and will have stuff from all six games and Halo Legends. Sounds really interesting.

http://bnbgaming.com/2011/05/10/halo-the-great-journey-the-art-of-building-worlds-art-book-to-release-later-this-year/
I seen this a few days ago and i am definatley going to pick this up once it's released it looks like it will be exceptional.

There is two more images from the book in this
http://titanbooks.com/blog/halo-great-journey/
If the image of Master Chief falling towards earth is anything to go on the art in this book will be very good

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I seriously love shots of Master Chief/The Arbiter during the Halo 2 timeframe. It's always so dramatic since they only really met eachother during the Gravemind, but in spirit, The Arbiter always was hunting Chief. One of my favorite aspects of Halo 2-- your main intention always was to track and kill Master Chief, but due to your superior's focuses, it never could happen. I think that is conveyed in this art piece really well.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Those pictures are stunning. I really can't wait to pick this one up. I think it will be the first art book that I buy.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Personally, I liked the Arbiter's look in 3 more. Just the little bits of armour on his mandibles. It wasn't much, but I think it was an improvement.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Agreed. I thought that made him look more epic.
Thel Vadam demands epic.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

He did look a bit anorexic in Halo 2, but then again, I tihnk a lot of characters did in that game :D Still looked great in both, though.

I'm really interested in seeing some of the Legends art, and if it is up to standards with the stuff form the games. Ohh, and Wars art. I don't tihnk they ever made a Halo Wars art book. They certainly have a lot of beautiful stuff to work with for that game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed