Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 769,210 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Look at Chief's legs in the second pic and the Grunts' chests. It looks like somebody tightened plastic wrap around them and poured wax. Also... just look at some of those wall sections.

Also, everybody who isn't holdng an object has a trigger finger. I'm f**king serious. And it's not just here, Jenkins had it in the 343 Guilty Spark cutscene as well. How could they not fix that embarrassingly glaring error? It's sad they would even show screenshots of it.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Ah, I see what you mean. I'm sure it'll look better in the final game, theyve still got 2 months for bug crunching.
Which is the same thing for the trigger finger lock everyones got going on, and Chief's gun clipping into him. Those are just minor glitches they should be able to fix in two months

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I dunno, if they still have severe texture and animation issues, I doubt they'll utilize those two months. Well, really it'll be more like one month, considering the time they'll have to manufacture and ship.

Bungie wouldn't have shown these kinds of issues... hell they probably wouldn't of even had them at this stage. I just think their marketing is really sucking, they need to seriously shape up and show more polished work; really working against any excitement there may be for Halo 4...

Yes, Halo Fest was a great event and a great idea, but that was only selebrating past triumphs and the community; both spawning from Bungie's work. 343i has yet to impress and this isn't the way to do it. Trust me, Halo is one of my favorite things, and that's why I'm so butthurt when I see this kind of poor form taken on the franchise.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well, more I see of this, less inclined I am to buy it. Might as well just pick up the original game.

I'll wait for the actual release and some reviews, though.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 17, 2011, 08:54:02 AM
I dunno, if they still have severe texture and animation issues, I doubt they'll utilize those two months. Well, really it'll be more like one month, considering the time they'll have to manufacture and ship.

Bungie wouldn't have shown these kinds of issues... hell they probably wouldn't of even had them at this stage. I just think their marketing is really sucking, they need to seriously shape up and show more polished work; really working against any excitement there may be for Halo 4...

Yes, Halo Fest was a great event and a great idea, but that was only selebrating past triumphs and the community; both spawning from Bungie's work. 343i has yet to impress and this isn't the way to do it. Trust me, Halo is one of my favorite things, and that's why I'm so butthurt when I see this kind of poor form taken on the franchise.

Then why did you like Halo Reach? :-|

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 17, 2011, 08:54:02 AM
I dunno, if they still have severe texture and animation issues, I doubt they'll utilize those two months.

That's what happens when you overlay modern graphics on a 10 year old engine. 

Everything I've seen in CEA so far has been fine with me.  Except the one big glaring difference they made with the Halo ring:

What the hell where they thinking?

Just look how it appears in CE and H2:

Hell, even Halo Reach kept the continuity:

Now why didn't they use the standard texture that's actually cannon?:

When playing CEA back to back with all the other Halo games this will become a glaring difference. Bleh.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It's just a texture. Who cares?

Aeus

Aeus

Fans.

People with an eye for good design.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I consider myself a Halo fan and it doesn't bother me.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aeus on Sep 17, 2011, 07:40:31 PM
People with an eye for good design.

Its not an eye for good design (both designs are good, IMO), its just noticing differences between the two. There are certainly differences, but that  doesn't make it any better or worse than the old one.

That being said, I wish it wasn't so drastically changed, but i can live with it. Its still recognizable as a Halo ring.

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

Honestly, my major gripe with the new Halo design is that it looks more Covenant than Forerunner. Forerunner architecture has a specific design, and this really does not look like it.

Perhaps it's just the lighting, I duno. It just doesn't look right imo.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

It's the lighting.  Completely unnecessary.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

However unlikely it is, they could have changed it since we last saw it. That pic is a few weeks old, if I remember correctly.

Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Shhh!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed