Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 990,084 times)

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Randomizer on Sep 12, 2015, 05:25:31 PM
Portal 2

Loving it so far (halfway through).  ;D It's quite easy, but still fun nonetheless. The introduction of light bridges and the many gimmicks make me amazed of how well Source aged. The plot is nice, but still it seems to be progressing rather slowly...perhaps there is a plot-twist near the end and we change directions?

I'm scared it's going to end with a cliffhanger like HL2: Episode Two did.  :-X

You should give a try to Portal stories: Mel after you finish 2. The puzzles are harder and it trully feels like portal game.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: MoonerSK on Sep 12, 2015, 05:49:38 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Sep 12, 2015, 05:25:31 PM
Portal 2

Loving it so far (halfway through).  ;D It's quite easy, but still fun nonetheless. The introduction of light bridges and the many gimmicks make me amazed of how well Source aged. The plot is nice, but still it seems to be progressing rather slowly...perhaps there is a plot-twist near the end and we change directions?

I'm scared it's going to end with a cliffhanger like HL2: Episode Two did.  :-X

You should give a try to Portal stories: Mel after you finish 2. The puzzles are harder and it trully feels like portal game.

Looks great ! That'll have to do.

Darkness

Darkness

Finished Slenderman: The Arrival. It's only a couple of hours long but damn this game is scary. I actually screamed out loud a couple of times. It's the same sort of dread and terror that Alien Isolation created. Something that stalks you and can kill you at any time.This guy Slenderman can appear out of thin air and he can appear at any time.

MaXenaeL

MaXenaeL

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Sep 10, 2015, 08:56:28 AM
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Surprisingly entertaining considering I didn't like Fallout 3 when it first came out
but after Skyrim I gave it another chance, glad I did.

The same way  ;)

Sabby

Sabby

Trying to power through some of the big games this year before Fallout 4. I always get guilty for feeling like I'm rushing them and then slow down and never finish them :( Mad Max, Witcher 3, MGS5, a few others I can maybe pick up another time. That, and Just Cause 3 is coming.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Still bashing Gears of War UE, Battlefield 4 and restarted Isolation on Nightmare mode.  Need to do some DLC for Isolation to.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Stacraft 2: Whispers of Oblivion

Randomizer

Randomizer

Finished Portal 2.

Damn, I knew that...

Spoiler
Wheatley was going to turn against you. The way he acted though, was hilarious. Also, seeing potato GlaDOS being so kind, made me shy. xD
[close]

...and that ending, god.  :laugh: Valve did not dissapoint me.

---------------------------------------

Still not found Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. It's a shame, really.
       Found it.

Considering trying Metro 2033 and Cry of Fear. Also, definitely going to try Portal Stories: Mel !

Vertigo

Vertigo

I don't know if anyone here plays Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (it is the world's most played non-free game, according to publicly available data), but I just finished writing an extremely comprehensive weapon guide on Steam.
Charts of all the important stats, plus a walkthrough of how the damage and accuracy systems work, and a summary of every weapon's strengths and weaknesses. Scientifically proven to reduce readers' suckage levels by 11-78%.

Here's the link.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I intend to play it. Is it as good as they say? Is it better than 1.6?  :laugh:

Vertigo

Vertigo

It's easier to play than 1.6. You retain more accuracy while running, so there's less incentive for defenders to camp eternally, and you can take positions without grenades - it's much more about shootouts, who has the best positioning and weapon control.
There's a hard core of players who want CS to be campers vs nades, so they'd probably get very angry if I said it was better... but really, it is.

You also get a sense of reward for playing. It has an economy system - you 'earn' skins and stickers for your weapon by playing, which can then be sold for real money if you don't want to keep them; I've made something like £100 just by playing the game a few hours a week. Plus there's the usual achievements, grinds etc.

Anyway, is it good? Yeah. It's easy to pick up the basics (and being a Valve game the controls are extremely fluid), but there's a tonne of depth that takes a lot of skill and work to master (hence the guide). It favours team tactics and individual skill, it's slow-paced but with hugely visceral payoffs. There are several gametypes to try, and 34 weapons to get to grips with, each of which has a role it's best for.
It's the only shooter I regularly play online right now. Its slickness, depth and ease of play is hard to match. Biggest issue to look out for is that the community's filled with twats.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I haven't played any game called Counter-Strike online in probably a decade. Is it accessible and welcoming for newbies and former players?

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Vertigo on Sep 16, 2015, 10:20:47 PM
It's easier to play than 1.6. You retain more accuracy while running, so there's less incentive for defenders to camp eternally, and you can take positions without grenades - it's much more about shootouts, who has the best positioning and weapon control.
There's a hard core of players who want CS to be campers vs nades, so they'd probably get very angry if I said it was better... but really, it is.

You also get a sense of reward for playing. It has an economy system - you 'earn' skins and stickers for your weapon by playing, which can then be sold for real money if you don't want to keep them; I've made something like £100 just by playing the game a few hours a week. Plus there's the usual achievements, grinds etc.

Anyway, is it good? Yeah. It's easy to pick up the basics (and being a Valve game the controls are extremely fluid), but there's a tonne of depth that takes a lot of skill and work to master (hence the guide). It favours team tactics and individual skill, it's slow-paced but with hugely visceral payoffs. There are several gametypes to try, and 34 weapons to get to grips with, each of which has a role it's best for.
It's the only shooter I regularly play online right now. Its slickness, depth and ease of play is hard to match. Biggest issue to look out for is that the community's filled with twats.

Glad to hear it. Seems like I'm the only one playing anything but CS:GO beside my mates.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 16, 2015, 10:53:19 PM
I haven't played any game called Counter-Strike online in probably a decade. Is it accessible and welcoming for newbies and former players?

Yeah, it's easy to get into. You don't really need to remember any buttons beside the usual for FPSs (though you'll play better if you bind weapons to buttons rather than relying on the scroll wheel). You also don't need to browse through servers - it takes 4-5 clicks and about as many seconds to find a game. Once in, just click the 'use' key to bring up the buy menu, select a weapon, then run around and do what you want (best strategy for initial learning is to copy what everyone else is doing).
The easier gametypes like Arms Race and Demolition don't even require you to choose a weapon.

Darkness

Darkness

Finished a couple of games this week.

Assassins Creed Unity - I think I must have ploughed upwards of 50 hours into this game over the last 3 weeks. Even with the latest patch, there's glitches and bugs all over the place. I couldn't finish a few side missions because of it. Graphics are heaps better than previous games though and I loved the murder mysteries and the big assassin missions.

Vanishing of Ethan Carter - Was insanely short. Graphics are all very pretty and it's nice to explore but it only took me an hour and half to reach the end of the game. I didn't realise you had to solve the murders along the way which added a couple of more hours to the length.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed