What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 160,972 times)

rocknweird

rocknweird

I remember watching ALIENS with my mom when I was a little kid, because I remember being so confused that bishop could survive being torn in half (being young not realizing he wasn't human).
I think I was around five or six, I'm now twenty three, so thats been a long infatuation.
I asked her why she let me watch that movie when I was younger and she said I was on this GI JOE kick and we got in some argument because I was convinced that GI JOE couldn't die, so she set the rules straight with ALIENS

way to go ma

Predator didn't ensue until sixth grade or so

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: rocknweird on Jul 17, 2008, 04:05:56 AM
I remember watching ALIENS with my mom when I was a little kid, because I remember being so confused that bishop could survive being torn in half (being young not realizing he wasn't human).
I think I was around five or six, I'm now twenty three, so thats been a long infatuation.
I asked her why she let me watch that movie when I was younger and she said I was on this GI JOE kick and we got in some argument because I was convinced that GI JOE couldn't die, so she set the rules straight with ALIENS

way to go ma

I bet you love your mom. :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: rocknweird on Jul 17, 2008, 04:05:56 AM

way to go ma

Your mom advocated watching Aliens...could she teach my mom about that? lol

rocknweird

rocknweird

yeah I love my mom she pretty much rules
she even took me out of school early to see the first screening of jurassic park 2 when it came out

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I wish my mom was more like yours. She's a real stick in the mud.

Lilywhite_Lilith

Lilywhite_Lilith

I grew up watching some horror and action films anyway and I saw Aliens when I was fairly young. I fell completely, totally and, most importantly, stupidly, in love with Bishop  :-\
Then as I grew up more, I started to really and properly notice the rest of the film - just how the Aliens were so unique and scary.
How it was all a great world, and one that didn't seem so "sci-fi", it seemed very plausible.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Why'd you fall in love with Bishop lol?

Lilywhite_Lilith

Lilywhite_Lilith

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 23, 2008, 09:51:12 PM
Why'd you fall in love with Bishop lol?

I was young. I discovered hormones. He was nice *shrugs*  ;D

I remember I must have liked him on sight though 'cos I remember asking my dad why Ripley was rude to him (when he sat beside her at the table and she realised he was a synthetic).  I remember just scoffing at the fact the last one she met tried to kill her, I was thinking, "but that's no reason to take it out on Bishop. He's nice....."

Mr.X

Mr.X

My grandpa started me out by letting me watch Predator. ;DAliens kicked in after i rented AVP.

Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

I was baptized into the fires of Predator. It was one of the first movies i saw. Aliens was introduced to me when my dad was like lets have a michael biehn marathon

Briar Wolf

Briar Wolf

I saw Aliens on the fourth of July when I was about five years old.  Love at first sight.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Saw Aliens when I was in 1st grade, I remember it kicked so much ass and then I found out that it was a sequel. I saw Alien and instantly fell in love with the franchise. I believe I saw Predator in second grade.

Predalien King

Predalien King

Seeing the movies "Aliens" and "Predator 1 & 2"  for the first time in the same night then seeing "AVP" and "AVPR" got me hooked for life

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quite the onslaught, nice! :D What were you feeling after all that?

T-180

T-180

I decided to watch an Alien movie when i was 12 and have been hooked ever since.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed