What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 159,586 times)

Amicta

Amicta

Konami's 'Aliens' game actually got me into it. I loved that game and spent a tremendous amount of money on that thing almost every day after school. I eventually checked out the movies; I watched 'Alien' first and was quite on edge, especially by in contrast to the game, how dark and menacing the first film was. I then watched 'Aliens' and was filled with an equal amount of apprehension. But I loved every minute of both of them.

Those films were such a thrill. And the directors, Scott and Cameron, did an incredible job. The Aliens in those films were actually intimidating, and they didn't even need to be on the screen to be intimidating. You also felt for the characters and could imagine yourself in that situation. 'Alien' and 'Aliens' make 'Resurrection' and the 'AvP' movies look laughable in comparison - there's absolutely no substance in those films, which is a shame.

dalekidea

dalekidea

i became a fan after seeing alien, and predator they just were awsome and i couldnt get enough so i continued watching them and waited for the figureines and designs so i could make my own shit

Master Chief

Master Chief

When did you see Alien and Predator, Nathan?  I bet you only got into them after watching AvP. ;)

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 11, 2008, 09:19:54 PM
When did you see Alien and Predator, Nathan?  I bet you only got into them after watching AvP. ;)

Tee-Hee

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Around 1993 or so, a friend told me about 'Alien' and 'Aliens' while we were on the bus going home from summer camp. I was 9 years old.
They sounded AWESOME, and my parents bought me my first Kenner 'Aliens' action figure, the Snake Alien.
Somehow I convinced my mother to rent 'Alien' for me. It was the first R-rated movie I'd ever seen, and somehow it didn't scare the shit out of me or scar me for life.

I've been hooked ever since.

For me I think the thing that interested me the most at first was the Alien itself, how it looked, how it acted, and what it was capable of.

Bexley

Bexley

My father is a sci fi fan, grew up watching them , the rest is history

I guess its in the blood  ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Nice, Fox is spreading into our blood.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Speak for yourself, I use protection.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Blood thinners? Really Chief, I thought your Spartan blood was pure as it was :D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Parler on Aug 25, 2008, 10:26:35 PM
December 2007

A newer fan huh? Wecolme then since it better now then never.

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

When i was 4 years old i watched Predator for the first time it scared me so bad that i ran under the kitchen table LMAO!!! then I watched Predator 2 I became a fan of Aliens when i was six years old in 1992 when the kenner Aliens and Predator action figures came out and after watching Alien 3 then Aliens and Alien then later Alien Resurrection

gameoverman

gameoverman

I saw Alien 3 when I was 10 or 11 in 1992 when it was released.  There was this life size statue of an alien in the cinema foyer.  Around the same time, they were showing Aliens Special Edition on tv.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Commander Griker on Dec 22, 2008, 05:08:00 AM
When i was 4 years old i watched Predator for the first time it scared me so bad that i ran under the kitchen table LMAO!!! then I watched Predator 2 I became a fan of Aliens when i was six years old in 1992 when the kenner Aliens and Predator action figures came out and after watching Alien 3 then Aliens and Alien then later Alien Resurrection

Lol, what was it about Predator that scared you?

dachande89

dachande89

I became a fan after seeing Alien 3. The first time I saw the dog collapse, convulse on the floor, and the chest burster rupture out, it terrified me for months. But it made me curious to understand the Alien as best as I could. These creatures inspired me, and captivated me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Inspired to you do what? Rape people? ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed