What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 160,825 times)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 06:31:26 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Sep 14, 2012, 04:23:16 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Sep 13, 2012, 08:00:17 PM
There is no shame in liking Alien³.

Of course not. Its what got me into the franchise, and despite plotholes, its a great movie and terrific ending to the saga

I'd choose it over Aliens any day of the week.

But it's awesome.  :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Amaterasu on Sep 14, 2012, 06:33:39 PM

Of course not. Its what got me into the franchise, and despite plotholes, its a great movie and terrific ending to the saga

Which is why I would choose it over Aliens.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 06:45:28 PM
Quote from: Amaterasu on Sep 14, 2012, 06:33:39 PM

Which is why I would choose it over Aliens.

Indeed.  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I can't really choose between Aliens and Alien 3. While Alien for me is a perfect film in its own right and can be enjoyed on its own. Once I watch Aliens, however, I feel the need to watch Alien 3 afterward, so I can get that sense of closure. While Aliens is definitely the better made film, I consider Alien 3 to be its equal.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Alien 3 was more in line with the first I felt. It has that sense of horror and dread the first one did. Aliens had that, but less so than A3.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 14, 2012, 07:20:32 PM
I can't really choose between Aliens and Alien 3. While Alien for me is a perfect film in its own right and can be enjoyed on its own. Once I watch Aliens, however, I feel the need to watch Alien 3 afterward, so I can get that sense of closure. While Aliens is definitely the better made film, I consider Alien 3 to be its equal.

True.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

My thought exactly. For me theyre both tied for the first place, even tho Alien is perfect for me as well. The whole trilogy is just so great as one piece, but Aliens and Alien 3 both focus on and deal with Ripley's emotional journey

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 07:37:58 PM
Alien 3 was more in line with the first I felt. It has that sense of horror and dread the first one did. Aliens had that, but less so than A3.

Here I have to disagree, from visual style, pacing, buildup and on and on, Alien and Aliens are much more like siblings, then Alien and Alien 3. Alien 3 strays away from both in many ways. The only thing it has in common with first is idea of one alien and no weapons. But as oppose to the first two, absence of the beats would not change the main story, its primarily a dark drama. In A3 for the first time the audience is ahead of the character, the pacing is conventional etc. But the fact it moves away from the first two doesnt mean anything good or bad, just sayin

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

I remember watching a russian version of Aliens that I accidentally downloaded.

I was aware of Predator and AvP before, but it was Aliens that actually made me a fan.

That, and AvP2 (the PC game).

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Deadmeat on Sep 18, 2012, 04:58:26 PM

I was aware of Predator and AvP before, but it was Aliens that actually made me a fan.

That game rocked. ;D

Terx2

Terx2

Indeed. A great end to the trilogy IMO. There's a sad but happy ending to it reminds me on how I felt after watching the original Alien.

Quote from: RagingDragon on Sep 20, 2012, 06:05:09 AM
Quote from: Deadmeat on Sep 18, 2012, 04:58:26 PM

http://www.mtv.com/onair/jersey_shore/season_4/images/gifs/vp-fistpump-hi.gif

That game rocked. ;D

Hell yes 8)

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

There's just so much in the game that's amazing.

I've played it again and again, and all I can say is DAMN, the creators did a great job.

gvamp

gvamp

I became a fan of the Alien Franchise actually through my good friend Jack; this was back in sixth grade and he had watched Aliens one weekend with his cousins I believe and told us how cool it was. I think I read the novelazations of the Dark Horse comics first before actually seeing the movies. I know I got into the series around the same time I read the novelazations; buying the Alien toys (first one was the Scorpion Alien) and then watching the movies.

One weekend my friend Ken and I rented Aliens and I'm not going to lie I was a little hesitant to watch it at first because at the time I hated scary films and thought Aliens was going to scary boy was I wrong; then I watched Alien my same friend Ken recorded it off of USA and after he watched it lent me the tape. Then one weekend we watched Alien 3. In 9th grade Resurection came out so my group of friends and I went and saw it during the afternoon showing on Saturday of it's opening weekend.

Predator 1 and 2 I watched because of the AvP comics/novels.

wataru

wataru

I remember seeing Alien and Aliens growing up but the Kenner toyline is what got me into the series. Batman vs Predator comics as well.

screenwriter805

screenwriter805

I became a fan when I watched ALIENS on opening night in 1982. I was amazed by the queen and totally terrified. And I remember when the VHS came out, I was afraid to be in the same room with it! Lol.. ..  That was e beginning of my fascination.

SiL

SiL

Aliens was '86. Although I think Alien 2: On Earth was '82 :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed