What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 159,014 times)

Diamondback Predator

Diamondback Predator

My dad showed me Aliens when my mom bro and sis were out of town and I loved it! So that leeched me onto the Alien franchise. My Neighbor and I too his dads copy of Predator when we were like 10 from his dads closet and were so hooked to the whole Predator action figure line out at the time as well, as the that whole movie, that the two of us have loved every film that the Predators have been in ever since. Also Prometheus is the the shiz I hope it becomes a trilogy!

VicerExciser206

VicerExciser206

I saw what the alien looked like and looked at the predator comics and was obsessed with it for a while and now I'm just a big recreational fan owning damn near all the alien/predator shit.

Engineer

Engineer

it all started for me when I was 5 years old...

My parents made the mistake of letting me watch Aliens at that age... it gave me reoccurring nightmares!

My parents took me to a child psychiatrist, who did nothing but tell them they were bad parents for letting me watch that movie at such a young age.

By older brother, told me they were chocolate monsters, and then I "stopped having nightmares." but I have been obsessed ever since.

Predator followed shortly after... I was a fan of both franchise independently before the AVP series started up (I hated the AVP movies, but love the comics/books/games).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Guess it scarred you in a good way ;)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

I was 12 years old, hanging out at my best friend's house watching tv. Let's see, I'll just script it for ya.

Best Friend: "Look at this!" [shows Amaterasu Aliens VHS movie]
Amaterasu: "I bet it's another one of your dad's stupid movies.."
[Amaterasu & Best Friend watch the first attack/ambush in the hive]
Amaterasu & Best Friend:
Best Friend's Dad: [laughing at us]
--

Then after that we just watched it over again to just deal with it..  :laugh:

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

ALIEN³ made me a fan of the Alien franchise- SUE ME! It came out the year I was born, so I'm kind of attached to it. >:(

Anyways, I remember seeing the "Candles in The Wind" scene from 3, on old faithful VHS- way before DVD, (the part where the Alien rears up and screeches.) Now I don't know about anyone else, but this scene terrified me as a kid. I was always checking the doorways of my house and got freaked by candles for weeks.  :D

First Blood

First Blood

There is no shame in liking Alien³.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 13, 2012, 08:00:17 PM

Agreed.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Yep, liked Alien3 a lot.
It was unique and returned to the "having to use your wits" theme because they had no weapons. I also liked the new alien, the characters, and of course Alien3 has the best line in the saga...

"f**k!!!!"

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

What made me an even bigger fan is when I had my all my friends over for a AvP movie night back in '09. C:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How'd you manage to keep them around? :P

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 05:18:22 AM
How'd you manage to keep them around? :P

We were like one of those groups of kids who all met one by one in 4th grade and eventually just all hung out together. C:

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Of course not. Its what got me into the franchise, and despite plotholes, its a great movie and terrific ending to the saga

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

I made one of my guy friends a fan.  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: StrangeShape on Sep 14, 2012, 04:23:16 PM

Of course not. Its what got me into the franchise, and despite plotholes, its a great movie and terrific ending to the saga

I'd choose it over Aliens any day of the week.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed