What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 160,866 times)

harlock

harlock

I come across the Kenner Alien figures in the Argos catalogue in the mid-90s as a young 'un. Then they put ALIEN on telly one night when I was about 12... so I stayed up and watched it  ;D

Praetorian Xeno

Praetorian Xeno

When I was younger my dad showed me some pictures of the xenomorphs and i ended up watching aliens. Then I seen AvP and thats where I found the predator. Watched the predator movies and well, here I am! Loving Aliens and Predators!

craigisnutter

craigisnutter

That first iconic poster of the Egg, that just hooked me and then after i saw the first film, i just remember thinking "that was amazing".

Years later and whilst doing my degree, i got to actually write a 1500 essay on the openning 5 mins of a film....guess what i chose. It's amazing looking back, from a media student's persective, the little, small, minor details that the opening 5 minutes of Alien actually contains and what that constructs as an overall, for lack of a better word, discourse to the viewer. Abolsutlely phenominal piece of film history!

Vox Echelon

Vox Echelon

Every now and then when me and my sisters would go round my dads house, we would rent an Arnie film and buy some fish and chips. Anyway that's where I watched Predator and was scared sh*tless by the skinned bodies and the stalker-type nature of the Predator.

Went round my buddies one day when I was about 7 years old and he had Aliens on, right when the marines first come in contact with the Xenos. Asked my dad to rent that, so we did and I loved it.

Then it was the AVP PC game that bought the two together. My dad loves both films too so he came home one day with a demo of AVP and I played the crap out of it. Bought it, never played marine cause I used to get too scared (LOL) and my love for AVP grew from there.

XenomorphX5

XenomorphX5

The alien series means a lot to me. It made up my childhood, really. First watched Alien Ressurection when I was about seven or so, and was hooked. It was the TV version, so my aunt took me to get the real one. YES, ressurection is one of my fa orites, haters gonna hate and all that. Shortly after, I watched all of the rest, and fell in love with Xenomorphs.

I bought action figures, books, spin off, whatever I could get my grabby little hands on. Even watched the Predators series. When AVP started coming out, I was so f**king happy. I don't care if it was a shitty plotline to you, I got to see more Xenomorphs. At one point, me and my fiends thought we were xenomorphs. XP wechissed and climbed things and swam like the drones in AR, for a/year or so. Even my cousins got in on it, thinking Predators were hunting us. We had imaginations. Ha.

Anyways, duh, that ended.  But I'm still a diehard fan today. Aliens to me, is like a lullaby to kid. Familiar and comforting.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: XenomorphX5 on Jul 24, 2011, 12:12:32 AM
YES, ressurection is one of my fa orites,
Welcome to the club, man.  ;) ;D ;D

¿xenoyuatja?

¿xenoyuatja?

what made me a fan was watching avp when i was 9

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

What made me a fan? Funny story behind it...
It was AVP3 video game released in 2010, i saw some videos of it before it was released and looked pretty decent,when i started playing it of course i wasnt a proper fan, in june to early july 2010, Predator was on tv and i watched it and loved it, then I got the NECA battle damaged wolf figure...and then it started...plus on my birtday on august 13th, my mum gave me a Predator Quadrilogy boxset including predator, predator 2, AVP and AVP:R

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

My dad bought me Aliens when I was 7, good god what was he thinking.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

My daughter has watched the edited for tv versions of Predator, Predator 2 and AVP.  She's 9 (bad mom, I know).  She likes the action movies, what can I say? 

predxeno

predxeno

AVP is PG-13 so you're not all bad. ;) :D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm surprise that AVP010 got people into the series.

DarkMajesty

DarkMajesty

I've already seen the alien movies but when I seen the preview to AVP it made me want to watch the predator movies.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Master on Jun 06, 2011, 07:33:07 PM
But today kids... only Pokemon and Twilight saga  :D

Pokemon is the last generation, it's Ben 10 and Twilight now. Anyways, just seeing people not knowing about Alien or Predator until AVP or Predators does make me feel bit sad. I still remember seeing the end to Aliens on TV when I was like three or four years old.

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Oh my. It's been such a long relationship.

As far as the Alien franchise goes... It really started with this figure: http://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure.php?FID=4060&figure=aquaalien the Aqua Alien a figure i picked up back when Alien Res. came out. But i actually just got the toy cuz i though it was a SWEET creature! So because of my interest in the creature, my mom rented me the 4 Alien films to watch!  :D After watching the first 2 then, i did remember seeing bits and parts of them back when i was waaaay younger (but my parents wouldn't let me watch the whole thing cuz i was to young. so i was likely shooed outta the living room). But i have always loved the creatures in monster movies since i was little soooooo that prob why they let me see the alien parts.

My love for the Predator franchise started out similar. While i remember seeing bits and parts or the origonal Predator while my parents watched it... i didn't get into it till i became an alien fan. Cuz i discovered that the two beasts intertwined with the AvP comic n' game.

...and so i've been a slut for everything Alien, Predator, n AvP ever since! And NOTHING has been able to top it yet!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed