What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 154,143 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 18, 2011, 10:34:25 PM
Also loved how they reintroduced some of the sexual aspects of it.

What do you mean reintroduced?

Quote from: delsaber8 on Sep 19, 2011, 03:58:10 PM

It's strange to see that Alien 3 got you into the series. Most people tend to dislike Alien 3.

Alien 3 also got me into it in early 93. Still love it

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: StrangeShape on Sep 28, 2011, 05:17:31 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 18, 2011, 10:34:25 PM
Also loved how they reintroduced some of the sexual aspects of it.

What do you mean reintroduced?

The 2 alien sequels weren't that sex orientated if you know what i mean. I liked the opening scene with the penis looking chestburster and coming out of the foreskin  :laugh: Also the big vagina ripley gets sucked into near the end of the movie before she got into the hyve. It had some cool moments  8)

kevinh3

kevinh3

well i grew watching horror movies i became of fan of predator after my ciosin showed it to me.

I became a fan of aliens in middle school, im still a fan to this day.

Welshwilderbeast

Welshwilderbeast

I come from a family of alien and predator fans and I was always intrigued by them (I wasn't allowed to watch them so the forbidden fruit effect) also playing alien trilogy on ps1 it was (and still is) one of the most terrifying games I have ever played.

fry1236

fry1236

I walked into my dad watching Alien Rez when I was 6-7. I was terrified at first but since I was scared of it, I wanted to see it so...... well I didn't cause I was scared  :laugh: but than I saw Predator and I couldn't stop watching it... than I saw Aliens vs Predator and I loved that! so I eventually saw Alien , Aliens etc and. well. A day doesn't go by without me watching , drawing and/or playing Aliens , Predator and Aliens vs Predator. I am more of a predator fan but who doesn't like a xenomorph every now and then?

preyator22

preyator22

i became a big fan of the franchise becasue it was a great move the way the predator stalks his prey and they way he exacutes his kill was excellent they made him a real hunter and i think alien was just as good weaver and arnold made both movies what they are to day there both good hands down

deimos-remus

deimos-remus

I became a fan of Alien immediately after seeing for the first time a few years back. It instantly became my favorite movie, since everything about it was so perfectly done.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

I watched horror films since i was..well one or maybe two but one the films i do remember and enjoyed was Aliens, it was very awesome and i have liked the films series ever since except the avp films. While sort of like alien rez i too think that is not a good film due to far farfetchedness and continuity problems.

Hicks101

Hicks101

Wow my first post, so what better a topic ;) I am a young film director and Alien/Aliens is such a huge influence on why i chose the career i did. I have watched the movies hundreds and hundreds of times ;)

I remember watching the first Alien film when i was v young, maybe 6 or 7. I was blown away at every aspect of the film. The story, the acting, the characters, the set's, the thought behind the Alien. I think this was one of the first times in a film they really put a lot of effort into giving the creature life and character (same goes for predator but less so). Laying eggs inside of you, the alien eating it's way out of your chest, acid for blood! i mean that's thought and detail. That's why the "Alien" has to be one of the greatest villan's/creatures in film history. I loved Alien and thought wow how can you beat that?

Fast forward a couple years later and i am sitting down watching Aliens(The second film)/the directors cut with my dad. My Dad is a real hard bastard but on this occasion he let me stay up and watch Aliens with him. I remember waking up the next day only being about 9 or 10 and i said to myself lying in bed "What the f**k did i just watch last night". If i was blown away by the first one i almost had a convulsion after watching this one.

As film making goes one of the hardest things is creating a sequel as good as the first. I can think of a few exceptions....Terminator 2, The Empire Strikes Back , The Godfather Part 2 and ...........ALIENS! I take my hat of to James Cameron because of the circumstances he was under. If you've watched the making of the movie you no what i am talking about. He just took it to the next level. I still think Alien is better shot and the art direction is better. But Aliens just oozes soul and character. It's so fast paced compared to the first film. I mean really they're two different genre's....the first being a horror/slasher and the second being a bare knuckle action film. The first two films are just incredible and i could blab on and on about how good they are. I remember watching Aliens for the first time like it was yesterday the memory is etched in my mind!

As i was reading some of the post's on this topic i was shocked to see many of you took interest in the franchise due to AVP. I feel AVP,AVP2 and even Resurrection put a blotch on this fine series of films. If i could invent a time machine i would go back and stop them from ever being made........and all the new star wars films........Terminator 3,Terminator Salvation......oh and the Matrix sequels ;)

PredatorSlayer

PredatorSlayer

Saw Predator when I was 10, from beginning to end, total adrenaline rush. Saw Alien and Aliens when I was 11, Alien scared the life out of me and every second of Aliens mesmerized me.  It all came together for me when Dark Horse comics put the two against each other, the first series was the end all be all and from that point till now, I can't get enough of Aliens, Predator and Aliens vs Predator.   

AlexVelez

AlexVelez

I remember when I was younger, AlienS would come on TV & the facehugger scene would scared the sh!t out of me. I didn't even know what movie it was, I just remembered the "spider things". Ever since then, I've been in love.

Rocky_Bear

Rocky_Bear

1st rank: A1+A2
2nd rank: A3, P1-P3
3rd rank: AVP(with ridiculously designed PA scene at the end)
crap: AVPR, A4

Nerevar

Nerevar

What made me rewatch the films...

1. Cameron's chestburster (pushing itself out the body, nice flow to it)
2. Predators cloaking device
3. (for me being able to watch and enjoy as one big screenplay (instead of the fanboy whining-this-and-that-from-Scott's-view-sucked-about-Cameron) Alien+Aliens
4. Jonesy the cat <3
5. The sets, definately the sets (as also seen in the SE (quadrology? the 9 dvd-set I mean) dvd's of Alien, Aliens and (albeit being not a good movie after all) Alien 3). Resurrection gives me a big 'meh...' feeling about that
6. Did i mention the sets?

Nethead25

Nethead25

I became a fan when i saw AvP and i just fort how badass those guys were

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: Nethead25 on Jan 04, 2012, 10:46:36 AM
I became a fan when i saw AvP and i just fort how badass those guys were

avp is not a good example to see these beasts at their bests though, Alien, Aliens, Predator and Predators are the best films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed