To those who think that AVP-R looks like a crummy movie...

Started by Alienseseses, Nov 06, 2007, 01:00:26 AM

Author
To those who think that AVP-R looks like a crummy movie... (Read 5,812 times)

Aeus

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 06, 2007, 09:31:58 PM
QuoteThe first predator stupidly walked into the traps set by Arnie...

Yea, just like that last trap set by arnie to drag him up into the air...

That had nothing to do with stupidity, the traps were INVISIBLE to him.

Anomaly

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 06, 2007, 09:33:27 PM

That had nothing to do with stupidity, the traps were INVISIBLE to him.

If hes talking about the last boulder, that was after the predator had already spotted a trap on the other side. Little did it know especially with organic material that gives off no heat, that both sides were booby trapped with 2 different types of traps. Well done.

KillingJoke

I think if the aliens would again kick only predators ass you would love this movie and you would say that this movie has beautiful camera angles etc

No, I'm not like Predator fanboys who only care about whether their monster wins or not, and don't give a damn about the rest of the movie.  I'd still be pissed off about the cheap quality of filmmaking, the setting, the characters, and the acting.

You only care if the Pred wins, which he will, because the directors are Pred fanboys like you.

QuoteBut wait, it´s the other way arround this time, no more alien asshole anderson, predator hardcore action. :)

Anderson was way more balanced than the Strauses, even the most flaming Preddy fanboys have to admit that.  

Major Alan Schaefer

We haven't seen what the Predalien does yet but from the looks of it the Wolf is doing just what Scar did, owning the Aliens after he had his Plasma gun

Johnny Handsome

QuoteYou only care if the Pred wins,
Not true.
I will be happy, but that is just one little element what would make me happy.
Quotewhich he will,
Where is avp2 available to download?
Quotebecause the directors are Pred fanboys like you.
So? Predator is a fine thing, it´s not all about the alien, you have to live with it.
QuoteAnderson was way more balanced than the Strauses
Of course he was, downgrading the predators to a minimum and only make them capable of killing an alien when in distance with a huge shoulder cannon, wow, thats something every pred fan can be proud of. ::)
Quoteeven the most flaming Preddy fanboys have to admit that. 
Even if i would be an hardcore alien fan like you i would disagree. :P

KillingJoke

Of course he was, downgrading the predators to a minimum and only make them capable of killing an alien when in distance with a huge shoulder cannon, wow, thats something every pred fan can be proud of. ::)

That's the way it was meant to be.  Predators without technology are dead meat.  They have the advantage of ranged weapons, Aliens have the advantage in melee fights.

That's realistic and respectful to both.  After all, both Predators in the original films died when their technology failed them.

The Strauses have the Wolf being better than the Aliens at EVERYTHING: strength, speed, melee fights, ranged fights, stamina, etc.  The Aliens, in this film, are totally incapable of doing anything to a Predator because the Strauses give the Predator the advantage in EVERY situation, no matter what.

Sorry, but that's pure fanboyism.

Major Alan Schaefer

Good thins KillingJoke shall the movie so he can judge every scene....
And it atually downgrades both if you say, "Every hand to hand fight Predators loose and every ranged Aliens loose." that makes it boring, maybe more balanced but defantly boreing.

SiL

Think what you will of the two Preds dying by one Alien; it made Scar look f**king awesome when he killed one, because we've seen how deadly they are, and how easily he killed it.

Everything after that point, not so much; Scar became a wimp and the Aliens became idiots. But when Scar turns around and slices off that Alien's head? That's cool. That's skilled. That's one kick-ass Predator, and that one single moment is more badass than anything we've seen of Wolf so far.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteThat's the way it was meant to be.
Really, read the comics then.
QuotePredators without technology are dead meat.
And you call the strauses fanboys.
QuoteThat's realistic and respectful to both.
How can it be respectfull for both?
Quotestrength, speed, melee fights, ranged fights, stamina, etc.  The Aliens, in this film, are totally incapable of doing anything to a Predator.
It comes close to reality  :)
Sorry, but that's pure fanboyism from me
I agree, pure fanboysm from you. :P
QuoteThat's one kick-ass Predator, and that one single moment is more badass than anything we've seen of Wolf so far.
I think the whip scene in the trailer is more badass then avp altogether.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Nov 06, 2007, 09:51:15 PM
Think what you will of the two Preds dying by one Alien; it made Scar look f**king awesome when he killed one, because we've seen how deadly they are, and how easily he killed it.

Everything after that point, not so much; Scar became a wimp and the Aliens became idiots. But when Scar turns around and slices off that Alien's head? That's cool. That's skilled. That's one kick-ass Predator, and that one single moment is more badass than anything we've seen of Wolf so far.
The Whip was a nice move (Clip)

KillingJoke

Really, read the comics then.

LOL!  The comics are a joke, they have Predators fighting Aliens by the hundreds.  The movies are the only things real fans go by.

QuoteAnd you call the strauses fanboys.

This is the hard truth, we saw it in Predator, we saw it in Predator 2, and we saw it in AvP.

How can it be respectfull for both?

Preds have the advantage at long distances, Aliens have the advantage up close.  That's balance, and respectful to both.

You, on the other hand, want the Predator to be superior to the Alien in every single way, like the Strauses.  In reality it doesn't work like, only in the Strause/Pred fanboy fantasy world.

It comes close to reality  :)

No, that's pure Preddy fanboy fantasy BS.

I agree, pure fanboysm from you. :P

How does wanting balance make me a fanboy?  You're just angry because people know this movie is made by Preddy fanboys, and now they're holding the filmmakers accountable.

You're the biggest Predator fanboy here, everyone knows it.

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 06, 2007, 09:53:06 PM
I think the whip scene in the trailer is more badass then avp altogether.
Why? The Predator's killing handicapped kids. It's not badass.

Unless you define badass Preds as Predators who pick on the weakest target they can find and strike a pose...

Major Alan Schaefer

You keep wanting to image that the clip was the whole movie and its pretty funny...

SiL

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 06, 2007, 10:01:12 PM
You keep wanting to image that the clip was the whole movie
What clip and what movie?

TheAncientEnemy

I dislike the whip because once it's used it's covered in acid. Why would you want to keep that around? For other prey I can see how it's be fine, but considering that the aliens' blood is dangerous... it just seems like a bad idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed