To those who think that AVP-R looks like a crummy movie...

Started by Alienseseses, Nov 06, 2007, 01:00:26 AM

Author
To those who think that AVP-R looks like a crummy movie... (Read 5,558 times)

Porkus Maximus

Yeah the alien on the left looks like it's webbed or cocooned in something.  Maybe this is supposed to be ironic.  No idea if the chains are part of a trap or just some random chains that are hanging around in the sewers.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 06, 2007, 03:28:09 PM
Yeah the alien on the left looks like it's webbed or cocooned in something.  Maybe this is supposed to be ironic.  No idea if the chains are part of a trap or just some random chains that are hanging around in the sewers.

This was also my point when all the Alien fans had to go to Hospital with breathing problems. Fell on def-ears though, couldnt see past the tears.... :D

Porkus Maximus

Well I do feel that the whole concept of aliens being ambushed or walking into booby-traps is really pushing it, especially since it looks like it'll happen on a regular basis.  If these aliens had been at Hadley's Hope the colonists would have probably taken care of them without the need for the USCM. :p

Highland

they dont care, they walked in to Sentry guns for 5 minutes before figuring out "that was not the way" , The predator has better Tech and better traps.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 06, 2007, 03:46:12 PM
they dont care, they walked in to Sentry guns for 5 minutes before figuring out "that was not the way" , The predator has better Tech and better traps.
You beat me to it.

$cHm0cK

Quote from: Luckygreycat on Nov 06, 2007, 04:30:36 AM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 06, 2007, 01:05:27 AM
The visual style in the store showdown is horrendous. It looked like something out of a fan film, not a multi-million dollar production.

YES EXACTLY!!!  I thought I was the only one!!  I hope that it wasn't the finished product.  Did anyone notice the alien blood pooling next to the body after the Predator killed it with the whip.  It was just pooling there with some very slight smoke rising.  Shouldn't that have immediately created a gaping hole in the floor.  Also, is there a reason why when the alien drops to the floor in front of them they don't immediately start firing at it while it stood there and hissed at them. I think SIL is right.  It has the "feel" of a fan film that you would find on YouTube.  I think that Batman Dead End on YouTube has a more realistic feel than this scene.

No he isnt .. he is bashing this movie all the time so i wouldnt count on his words anyway =) ... but ... well, everyone has a oppinion.

Firing at the Alien? Who? Dallas, Kelly or maybe Molly? No one had a weapon in tihs moment. The others came just after Wolf killed the one Alien ..

Well ... you have completely no idea when you say, Batman Dead End has a more realistic feel ...
to be honest, i wouldnt let you write a review about any movie ... because there wouldnt be come out more than bullshit. Sorry ... but saying, Some Fanmovies have a more realistiv feel or anything ist in my view just completely nonsense and a cheap try to bash the brothers and AvPr.

-----------

I still think, that this clip is the one, they shwoed in amsterdam. Where the people were "shocked" and so on. Could be not finished or not right cut .. who knows.

greetz

gameoverman

The first predator stupidly walked into the traps set by Arnie...

But that doesn't matter - aliens swarm when they have the numbers, to wear down the enemies defences.  It is a tactic used in many real wars.  Lone aliens use more stealth.

Aeus

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 06, 2007, 03:43:58 PM
Well I do feel that the whole concept of aliens being ambushed or walking into booby-traps is really pushing it, especially since it looks like it'll happen on a regular basis.  If these aliens had been at Hadley's Hope the colonists would have probably taken care of them without the need for the USCM. :p

Humans arn't Predators. They don't spend their entire lives hunting dangerous creatures. It's what they do, trapping and killing things is what they are best at.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteThe first predator stupidly walked into the traps set by Arnie...
Which it hadnt seen and didnt knew it was harmfull to him, but the aliens do know its deadly for them, i dont know, but they didnt really seem to care about that problem when another bunch of them continued to go into their save death with a provocation.

Highland

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 06, 2007, 04:41:14 PM

The first predator stupidly walked into the traps set by Arnie...

But that doesn't matter - aliens swarm when they have the numbers, to wear down the enemies defences.  It is a tactic used in many real wars.  Lone aliens use more stealth.

I said nothing about the alien intilligence, but walking into bullets is a bit different than falling for an invisable trap. Porkus was saying that aliens wouldnt fall for traps, i was pointing out they would and they had.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 06, 2007, 01:11:02 AM
From what i like and dislike in great films, Id say AVPRs visual style is similar to AVP's, its pretty straight forward and more colorful and less moody than say Finchers orange tint or Camerons blue tints.

Similar films with this more simple cinematography are T3, The X-men films, Superman Returns, fantastic 4, Spiderman etc.

If its a good film it wont matter though.

yea but both those films took place on alien worlds. this one is in a colorado town.  unless they are in the hive, there is no reason for fancy, imaginitive lighting.  the key is making the situation in colorado suitable for these beasts on rampage.   the visual style, cinematography in this film is awesome so far.   

SiL

Neither of the Aliens are being held by anything but Wolf. What you see wrapped around the Alien is its horrible, fleshy-assed arm holding Wolf's hand.

Quote from: $cHm0cK on Nov 06, 2007, 04:33:39 PM
No he isnt .. he is bashing this movie all the time so i wouldnt count on his words anyway =)
So just cos I don't piss rainbows about the movie, what I say can't be seen as valid?

KillingJoke

... have any of you studied cinematography?
People are saying that AVP-R has no visual style, that it looks cheap, that AVP looked epic etc.

This movie looks a zillion times better than the last installment visually.

:D

Okay, now I'm wondering if you have studied cinematography, because even an everyman can see this film has no style.

If you think this movie looks good, you probably think Troll 2 is a cinematic milestone.

QuoteAVP looked dull. The angles didn't suck. They passed. But there was no imagination, no flair, and really bad lighting.

Actually, compared to this, AvP had a lot of flair.  Slow motion, fast motion, sharp camera angles, professional lighting and set design...

For the life of me, I cannot possibly see how anyone could think this looks better than AvP 1, which took place in a mysterious and well-designed pyramid.  Now we've got rubber monsters fighting in Colorado.

Also, the camerawork in the store showdown was TV-quality.  Frontal shots of the actor's faces, loose and shaky shots of the Aliens, choppy editing, etc. 

Major Alan Schaefer

QuoteThe first predator stupidly walked into the traps set by Arnie...

Yea, just like that last trap set by arnie to drag him up into the air...

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: KillingJoke on Nov 06, 2007, 09:28:14 PM
... have any of you studied cinematography?
People are saying that AVP-R has no visual style, that it looks cheap, that AVP looked epic etc.

This movie looks a zillion times better than the last installment visually.

:D

Okay, now I'm wondering if you have studied cinematography, because even an everyman can see this film has no style.

If you think this movie looks good, you probably think Troll 2 is a cinematic milestone.

QuoteAVP looked dull. The angles didn't suck. They passed. But there was no imagination, no flair, and really bad lighting.

Actually, compared to this, AvP had a lot of flair.  Slow motion, fast motion, sharp camera angles, professional lighting and set design...

For the life of me, I cannot possibly see how anyone could think this looks better than AvP 1, which took place in a mysterious and well-designed pyramid.  Now we've got rubber monsters fighting in Colorado.

Also, the camerawork in the store showdown was TV-quality.  Frontal shots of the actor's faces, loose and shaky shots of the Aliens, choppy editing, etc. 
I think if the aliens would again kick only predators ass you would love this movie and you would say that this movie has beautiful camera angles etc
But wait, it´s the other way arround this time, no more alien asshole anderson, predator hardcore action. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed