Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 202,179 times)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 26, 2007, 10:14:40 PM
Okay, I just listened to the 20th Anniversary Edition commentary on the very scene, and he says nothing about Alien semen. All he says is that hearing it makes it much more horrifying than seeing it. That's it. Than he immediately changes subjects to about the audience being in the characters' position.
Check the other dvd´s then.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 26, 2007, 10:17:41 PM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 10:15:02 PM

Are you seriously going to equate the two on being equivalently absurd? You see no degrees of seperation between the idea of an alien queen and an alien puking down someone's throat, which by the way is far more unnecessary. The queen served a purpose of something that HAD to be explained. Where the eggs came from. The puking is just superflous.

Woah woah.. friendly fire there. Check my posts. Im on your side.

sorry i thought i detected sarcasm in the "thanks for elaborating". and the eye roll icon. I didn't know you were referring to refuting the thing i refuted. lol

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 10:20:26 PM
At 1:26:41 Ridley says people were suspecting the cat, so he wanted to keep that paranoia going.

1:28:42 "I wanted the Alien to have a certain fascination and delicacy, uh, like this massive toy coming towards her... um, which was mesmerizing.

He then talks about playing Tomita's The Planets for Sigourny Weaver to act to while Parker dies on screen.

1:29:57 "...and of course making Sigourny a very lonely figure. She can hear the death rather than see the death of the other two. (Lambert screams) Her death is heard ... and it's, uh, probably more frightening by hearing it rather than seeing it. (Lambert's screams end). That was a tough session in the looping stage, trying to get that kind of ... scream. (Ripley finds their bodies). I think what we managed to do with the film was always place the audience in the place of the individual about to die. So I think we somehow touched on something which makes them always very vulnerable to what's occurring which is why I think it's particularly frightening."

No more on Lambert after that.
Then it was on another dvd.

SiL

SiL

It wasn't. The Quad commentary says almost the same thing - Scarier that it's heard and not seen.

Face it, there's no mention of Alien impregnation re Lambert, only that Ridley wanted people to be suspicious of the cat, and even then he never implied how it would be infected.

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 10:23:18 PM
It wasn't. The Quad commentary says almost the same thing - Scarier that it's heard and not seen.

Face it, there's no mention of Alien impregnation re Lambert, only that Ridley wanted people to be suspicious of the cat, and even then he never implied how it would be infected.

Did you even check the bonus DVD ?
I'm checking it right now, but theres a lot of material to search through...

carnotaurus1350

I still think this new stage of the life cycle could work if done right. Im more worried about why she doesnt show more Queen-like features like the other sets of arms. I guess they changed it a little, being that its safe to assume those grow later when the queen matures. Its a lot of guess work, I just hope its all cleared up at one point or another.

SiL

SiL

Dude, I've listened to the commentaries. Watched all the bonus material. Hunted down books and articles from 1979 and got other people to scan them in where I couldn't get my hands on it.

The official reproductive method circa 1976-1985 was of egg morphing, not a Queen, and certainly not barfing.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 10:23:18 PM

Ok, then it was in the bonus material.

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 10:28:31 PM
Dude, I've listened to the commentaries. Watched all the bonus material. Hunted down books and articles from 1979 and got other people to scan them in where I couldn't get my hands on it.

The official reproductive method circa 1976-1985 was of egg morphing, not a Queen, and certainly not barfing.

I never said that the method of reproduction was mentioned in the commentary or the bonus material. I only said that someone said about that scene that you just knew that there wasn't one Alien anymore after what the Alien had done to Lambert.

SiL

SiL

There was no such mention.

People thought it might be in the cat; that was it.

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

The bonus material lasts about a some hours. You couldn't have checked all the parts of it in that short period of time. I know it is there.

That Yellow Alien

I've never heard anyone say that, and I've watched the Quadrilogy extras multiple times, as has Sil. I would remember someone saying that.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 26, 2007, 10:39:51 PM
The bonus material lasts about a some hours. You couldn't have checked all the parts of it in that short period of time. I know it is there.
I know. I've watched it all prior, usually twice, except for some things like casting and the model work.

Dutch90

Dutch90

Okay, I'll admit that I didn't really read all 27 pages of this topic, but I did read the topic on Alien Experience, so here's my 2 cents.

It's true that we've never really seen a Queen in the phase of establishing a hive. However, there is the one scene in A:R where it is mentioned that the Queen will start laying eggs within a few days. That means she's reproducing asexually, which is totally different from puking embryos into mouths. Of course, there's the Predator DNA to factor in- we've never seen an Alien that came from a non-terrestrial creature before. A Predator's DNA could be entirely different from that of a terrestrial creature, i.e. leading to very different results when an Alien coming from a Predator host has assimilated the Predator's DNA. Hence why it takes on a lot more host characteristics than, say, the dog-Alien (mandibles, dreads, color). A Predalien Queen utilizing a different reproduction method initially before switching to the Aliens type egg-facehugger-chestburster cycle also fits into that. Hell, maybe this is similar to how Predator's reproduce!

Just my take on it, I don't think there's too much need to get your panties in a bunch. Still, I would have preferred the egg transmutation method from the Alien DC.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Dutch90 on Oct 26, 2007, 10:50:54 PM
Okay, I'll admit that I didn't really read all 27 pages of this topic, but I did read the topic on Alien Experience, so here's my 2 cents.

It's true that we've never really seen a Queen in the phase of establishing a hive. However, there is the one scene in A:R where it is mentioned that the Queen will start laying eggs within a few days. That means she's reproducing asexually, which is totally different from puking embryos into mouths. Of course, there's the Predator DNA to factor in- we've never seen an Alien that came from a non-terrestrial creature before. A Predator's DNA could be entirely different from that of a terrestrial creature, i.e. leading to very different results when an Alien coming from a Predator host has assimilated the Predator's DNA. Hence why it takes on a lot more host characteristics than, say, the dog-Alien (mandibles, dreads, color). A Predalien Queen utilizing a different reproduction method initially before switching to the Aliens type egg-facehugger-chestburster cycle also fits into that. Hell, maybe this is similar to how Predator's reproduce!

Just my take on it, I don't think there's too much need to get your panties in a bunch. Still, I would have preferred the egg transmutation method from the Alien DC.

well it seems the events of this film must indeed take place in 24 hours or continuity will be broken. Because the predalien would be a full grown queen by then capable of laying eggs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed