Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 200,273 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 09:59:09 PM
What minutes does he say that?
Gimme ten minutes or so and I'll transcribe it for you, too.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 09:59:59 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 09:59:09 PM
What minutes does he say that?
Gimme ten minutes or so and I'll transcribe it for you, too.
I need to know at what point in the movie he is saying that, i think he said it arround when ripley is seeing her dead body and then activates self destruct.

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

I know it was said in the commentary but I'm not sure who said the thing with her being impregnated. It could have been one of the actors.
But it WAS said

Oh what the hell I'm ging to check that now....

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 09:58:24 PM
QuoteWhat's so difficult to accept that the Alien didn't use this method of reproduction on Lambert?
Whats so difficult to accept that it maybe did?
Whats your problem.?

Because when they made Alien, the barfing lifecycle didn't exist. How does seeing a tail crawl slowly to the back of Lambert= barfed on?

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 26, 2007, 10:02:26 PM
QuoteWhat's so difficult to accept that the Alien didn't use this method of reproduction on Lambert?
Whats your problem.?

Because when they made Alien, the barfing lifecycle didn't exist. How does seeing a tail crawl slowly to the back of Lambert= barfed on?
Maybe it did, the only thing that didnt exist at the time was the queen.
So, did aliens broke continuity just for inventing something new?

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Whats your problem.?

As I already said - you didn't see anything of what actually was happening to her. So why shouldn't someone use a new method to show something that fits ?

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 10:04:11 PM
Whats your problem.?

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone mentioned the queen and how that it was something new and never intended before "Aliens". But there is a clear difference, it makes sense. If you've got eggs, it is logical that an alien species which has some behavioral traits similar to insects, would have one that lays the eggs.
So its not just a matter of not seeing something before. If it makes sense in the lifecycle and doesn't overcomplicate things. But the "vomiting embyros" is just f**ked up and not necessary. How exactly does this work anyway, are we supposed to believe that the queen has chestburster embryos in its body that it can just spit up?

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 10:08:32 PM
Whats your problem.?

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone mentioned the queen and how that it was something new and never intended before "Aliens". But there is a clear difference, it makes sense. If you've got eggs, it is logical that an alien species which has some behavioral traits similar to insects, would have one that lays the eggs.
So its not just a matter of not seeing something before. If it makes sense in the lifecycle and doesn't overcomplicate things. But the "vomiting embyros" is just f**ked up and not necessary. How exactly does this work anyway, are we supposed to believe that the queen has chestburster embryos in its body that it can just spit up?

Thanks for elaborating. Cuz i grow weary. Same old stuff... i probably, with an essay, refuted something 99% similar to this for another franchise on some other board  ::)

Johnny Handsome

Whats your problem.?

You havent seen avp-r yet, maybe it will make sense when the you see the movie.

That Yellow Alien

Okay, I just listened to the 20th Anniversary Edition commentary on the very scene, and he says nothing about Alien semen. All he says is that hearing it makes it much more horrifying than seeing it. That's it. Than he immediately changes subjects to about the audience being in the characters' position.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 26, 2007, 10:09:57 PM
Whats your problem.?

Thanks for elaborating. Cuz i grow weary. Same old stuff... i probably, with an essay, refuted something 99% similar to this for another franchise on some other board  ::)

Are you seriously going to equate the two as being equivalently absurd? You see no degrees of seperation between the idea of an alien queen and an alien puking down someone's throat, which by the way is far more unnecessary. The queen served a purpose of something that HAD to be explained. Where the eggs came from. The puking is just superflous.

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 26, 2007, 10:14:40 PM
Okay, I just listened to the 20th Anniversary Edition commentary on the very scene, and he says nothing about Alien semen. All he says is that hearing it makes it much more horrifying than seeing it. That's it. Than he immediately changes subjects to about the audience being in the characters' position.

I'm just listening to the bonus material on the 2nd DVD.
Give me some minutes.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I'm going to have to wait and see the movie on this one.

Even speculating about it makes my head hurt.  ???

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 10:15:02 PM

Are you seriously going to equate the two on being equivalently absurd? You see no degrees of seperation between the idea of an alien queen and an alien puking down someone's throat, which by the way is far more unnecessary. The queen served a purpose of something that HAD to be explained. Where the eggs came from. The puking is just superflous.

Woah woah.. friendly fire there. Check my posts. Im on your side. Im just too weary to explain like you right now. maybe tomorrow. The efforts not worth it right now.

SiL

SiL

At 1:26:41 Ridley says people were suspecting the cat, so he wanted to keep that paranoia going.

1:28:42 "I wanted the Alien to have a certain fascination and delicacy, uh, like this massive toy coming towards her... um, which was mesmerizing.

He then talks about playing Tomita's The Planets for Sigourny Weaver to act to while Parker dies on screen.

1:29:57 "...and of course making Sigourny a very lonely figure. She can hear the death rather than see the death of the other two. (Lambert screams) Her death is heard ... and it's, uh, probably more frightening by hearing it rather than seeing it. (Lambert's screams end). That was a tough session in the looping stage, trying to get that kind of ... scream. (Ripley finds their bodies). I think what we managed to do with the film was always place the audience in the place of the individual about to die. So I think we somehow touched on something which makes them always very vulnerable to what's occurring which is why I think it's particularly frightening."

No more on Lambert after that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed