None design changes, it's perfectly as it is
7 (20%)
Slight design changes but none too drastic
24 (68.6%)
Major design Changes are ok with me
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author
What do you think about a xenomorph redesign (Read 6,898 times)

MetalAlien

Quote from: SiL on May 26, 2024, 05:50:33 AMI said that. When it attacks Brett it's on the front so they could achieve the look of it coming down to rest on the tail. But it was always designed that the tail was in the position of an actual tail.
The original Giger painting that inspired the alien had it mounted to the front I think you are incorrect on this point.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: MetalAlien on May 26, 2024, 06:55:03 AMThe original Giger painting that inspired the alien had it mounted to the front I think you are incorrect on this point.
The painting shows a spiked tail behind and a phallic tube at the front, and is unclear (and even unlikely) that the thing even has legs:

Behind the scenes of developing the suit and tail show it clearly designed to be underneath, and only placed explicitly at the front for certain scenes.

At the front for Brett

Because it's under the Alien, certain positions make it look like it's coming out the front like a phallus, but it's still basically coming out the things butt hole.

MetalAlien

MetalAlien

I love your passion, but neither of us were there to ask. I know Dennis Lowe but he worked on the models mostly and probably wouldn't even know the answer. All I will add if they just didn't mount it to the front, they actually turned it around to attach the other way putting the spikes facing forward. The deleted scene would have shown that clearly. Maybe this is a big reason that scene was cut down so much because they decided it was too much? Also you can see the stunt man was at least a foot shorter than the Big Chap maybe implying the Alien wasn't fully grown yet. Maybe the full 7ft tall alien was suppose to be a big reveal at the end?

SiL

Quote from: MetalAlien on May 26, 2024, 02:31:17 PMI love your passion, but neither of us were there to ask.
The people who were there documented it all very well, though.

QuoteAll I will add if they just didn't mount it to the front, they actually turned it around to attach the other way putting the spikes facing forward. The deleted scene would have shown that clearly.
We know from the released extra footage in the scene that the position of the Alien's tail isn't visible in how they covered it.

The shot of the Alien standing in front of a black wall I posted earlier is from before they started filming with the suit, and shows the tail in its proper position. We can also see that the sculpt is designed with the tail in its proper position, and we know they didn't redesign or remake the suit during filming due to budget and time constraints (it was barely ready in time as it was).

I'm guessing they moved the tail to the front for the scene because of the wire rig Powell had to wear.

Bolaji was meant to be in the scene but was afraid of heights. That plus wire work (they originally tested a giant lever) meant using a stunt performer.

MetalAlien

You win.

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

MetalAlien

xShadowFoxX

In terms of the DNA reflex, I am all in.

xShadowFoxX

Bring on the cow Aliens.

Neila

I think the designs from the first 3 films are all really good.

I actually like the Dog Alien a little more because it somehow has a really nasty character (not that the others are any friendlier) and that's anchored in the design of the face. So it looks like it's having a shitty day and wants to take out its anger on everything and everyone it meets.

it is very elegant and supple.
In the context of the previous films, I thought it was a cool idea to have it come from an animal this time.

Regardless of the story or look of the film:
With AR they went a little too far away with the Xenos and they should have used the Warrior or Big Chap designs again. Cloning or not, they are more reminiscent of dinosaurs and had almost no biomechanical elements left.

In general, I like it when the aliens have very thin limbs and this gives them a very elegant look.
Like the ones in Labyrinth. That was pretty cool.

I hate it when the xenos look too muscular or massive.

So if it were up to me there would be these three variants:

Big Chap, Warrior when they come from human hosts.

Runners from A3 if they come from animals.
And here with slight physical differences depending on the animal.

But they would all be elegant. So an alien made from a rhinoceros would still not be beefy or massive.

I also think these crushers in the games are stupid.
it looks like a bull gone wild.
I don't want something like that.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

For me it always was Big Chap first, closely followed by The Dragon, then the Warriors from Aliens, and far behind the ones in Resurrection.

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

I was just thinking to myself what if The alien warriors kept the skulls so I Photoshop the alien warrior Prime one statue and a skull photo that I took. I'm thinking it looks pretty good. However, I let you decide if you like this or notAs a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

BlueMarsalis79

Bruh no. @Local Trouble sees this in nightmares.

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed