Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 164,531 times)

SiL

SiL

Are we only allowed to be on the Forum if we're guaranteed to see Romulus? Cos I can bounce.

Mike’s Monsters

Never said, or even implied that.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SiL on May 17, 2024, 07:37:48 AMAre we only allowed to be on the Forum if we're guaranteed to see Romulus? Cos I can bounce.

Okay. Have a good one!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 17, 2024, 07:48:14 AMNever said, or even implied that.
No, you just implied you know people's circumstances based on their activity in a site they've been active on for the better part of 20 years. You could've left it at the observations but you just had to go a bridge too far.

Mike’s Monsters

I never said anything about circumstances. I said that the folks who've been vocally against it will still see the movie the first chance they get, as soon as they can. That could mean in theaters, streaming, pirating or any chance they get. They're gonna watch it no matter what.

BlueMarsalis79

I have to concur, I personally can't imagine spending so much time discussing something then actually not engaging with it, although I'm also way more excited for Deadpool and Wolverine. 

"Just like a dream."

BigDaddyJohn

Mmm while I think posts above are fairly valid points, I totally buy someone that won't see the movie for ethical concerns.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: SiL on May 17, 2024, 04:11:59 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on May 17, 2024, 04:09:59 AMIt's entertainment 🤷 it doesn't the end of the world if the movie sucks.
It's not the end of the world if someone doesn't choose to watch it, either.

They do lose time and money, though.
this.  I'll just do something else if I'm not convinced, like I did with AVPR.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: SiL on May 17, 2024, 03:36:48 AMAh, we're at the "just watch the film regardless of whether the advertising does its job convincing you" stage of the pre-release cycle.

I don't find it entirely fair to put words into my mouth.

I was to talking to The Cruentus as they implied their apprehension to see Romulus comes from what they know.

We've been at the hating Romulus because of leaks stage of the pre-release cycle for a while now with comments sprinkled here and there on the boards insisting "It's giving shitty midquel vibes".

I do think it tad near-sighted to seemingly write the film off this early because of leaks when we don't know how those story elements actually fare in the finalized product. That's something I don't personally get and I'm sorry that you guys have so much trepidation going into this film. That genuinely sucks.

Are there Alien releases I don't care for? Yes. Do I find the things in those iterations and releases I do like and push everything else to the side instead of needlessly ragging on it? Also yes. I just don't find myself in situations where I talk negatively of things I dislike very often, because giving that energy over to something I hate is a waste of my time and money.

Alien has a special place in my heart. So much so that I spend a couple hours here on the forums a day because I want to talk and theorize about it. I'm positive others here share that exact sentiment. Separate form that, with my personal experience revolving around Alien, I generalized and assumed others who feel the same about this property and give it the same time amount of time in their brain a day should just go see Romulus anyway. I apologize for that.

I also get people are in different situations and it may not be the easiest things in the world to see a movie. As you stated, SiL, you'd need childcare to see it in theaters, assuming your other concerns revolving around the film are alleviated. I totally understand as childcare is asininely f**king expensive.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 17, 2024, 06:15:26 AMI know some folks were been pretty vocal against this movie early on, and even me sharing very light hints here and there they told me to stop it. But they were the first to read them when put in spoiler tags. They were the first to watch my videos to see what all the details are even though they said they have no interest or don't want to know more. They were the first to read the leaks willingly too. Those folks are absolutely going to be seeing Romulus as soon as they can, no matter what they say.

I mean, who spends all day on an Alien website and doesn't watch the latest entry in the franchise? Hell, even reads every single post about it in the board dedicated to the new movie?
me. I'm that guy.

But I'm not drawing a line in the sand on what leaks I know of. At this point I'm going to go see it. If some terrible plot point is revealed, I won't.

And at that point I would see what the overall fel of the community is. If it leans from decent or better, I'll go.  I ha e an expectation this is going to follow the Terminator trend of seemingly building the film around call backs and homage. Ugh. That is soooooo tired. On the other hand I see some things that give me hope it might be more than that.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2024, 07:15:14 AMI never saw Covenant in the theater.  I had ice cream.

:o

Spoiler
You ain't a True FanTM !!!  >:(
[close]

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 17, 2024, 01:48:02 AMI have read the leaks, and I haven't read anything I'd consider awful. I have nothing but pure excitement to be honest!

Spoiler
Black goo, somehow miraculously finding Big Chap etc
[close]
Not something I find promising.

Quote from: aliens13 on May 17, 2024, 04:09:59 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 17, 2024, 04:05:01 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2024, 03:40:30 AMDid that happen before AvPR?
It happens with every movie. "Just watch it! Don't think, don't feel, just consume!"
It's entertainment 🤷 it doesn't the end of the world if the movie sucks. Besides, the leak can look like sh*t in paper but maybe in execution it's better
No but I rather spend money on something worth it, and not something that is going to potentially leave me with a bad case of buyers remorse and wasted time. Tickets are not cheap these days.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 17, 2024, 06:15:26 AMI know some folks were been pretty vocal against this movie early on, and even me sharing very light hints here and there they told me to stop it. But they were the first to read them when put in spoiler tags. They were the first to watch my videos to see what all the details are even though they said they have no interest or don't want to know more. They were the first to read the leaks willingly too. Those folks are absolutely going to be seeing Romulus as soon as they can, no matter what they say.

I mean, who spends all day on an Alien website and doesn't watch the latest entry in the franchise? Hell, even reads every single post about it in the board dedicated to the new movie?

Nope, just because we on a AVP site does not automatically mean we are going to see it in cinema. Some of us have integrity and critical thinking, being a fan doesn't mean I have to like it all or go to see it all. After prometheus, I never went to see Covenant and probably not going to see Romulas until I know a few more detail.

I still haven't got Dark Descent either. I think only thing I have spent money on to do with Alien in recent years was Fireteam.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 17, 2024, 08:16:35 AMI never said anything about circumstances. I said that the folks who've been vocally against it will still see the movie the first chance they get, as soon as they can. That could mean in theaters, streaming, pirating or any chance they get. They're gonna watch it no matter what.

First chance? no. I think they will wait until they don't have to spend money on it. That way the only risk is their time being wasted and not loss of money that could have been put to better use.
I don't think anyone is actually saying they won't watch it, they are saying they may not go to the cinema for it which is fair.

BigDaddyJohn

I will go see the movie even if the whole thing is spoiled for me. Experiencing a movie for the first time is unique, you never know what emotions it may procure you, even knowing the plot and being wary of it.

BlueMarsalis79

Dark Descent's absolutely superb, it's also kind of baffling catered just towards you because it rarely if ever acknowledges the prequel mythos.

It could have come out in late 2009 and it would be no different. 

The Cruentus

I have certainly considered getting it, just waiting for a good deal I guess  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed