Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 149,881 times)

The Cruentus

Ditto but a part of me wants to know some things for sure to alleviate my concern about certain aspects about the movie. I want to be sure the movie is worth the ticket.

BlueMarsalis79

Facehuggers implant instantly in it! Of course it is worthwhile.

Mike’s Monsters

I really can't see them showing much of the things folks have concerns about in the trailers. They're framed as twists and surprises in the film.

Local Trouble

Facehuggers don't even need to make physical contact anymore.  They just projectile-jizz in the host's general direction and that does the trick.  It's a drive-by impregnation.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 16, 2024, 11:18:00 PMFacehuggers don't even need to make physical contact anymore.  They just projectile-jizz in the host's general direction and that does the trick.  It's a drive-by impregnation.

In the comic defiance I think? A character is simply hit in the lip by a facehugger and it later turns out she was infected. While SM said otherwise on the cause, I think the comic was implying that being hit in the lip is what caused it.

Local Trouble

The Cruentus

Hollis I think the character was.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 16, 2024, 10:53:34 PMDitto but a part of me wants to know some things for sure to alleviate my concern about certain aspects about the movie. I want to be sure the movie is worth the ticket.

You wouldn't just go anyway?? This is a surprising stance! It's an Alien movie in theaters! Who knows if we'll ever get this chance again as the film industry landscape continues to change.

Can I ask what it is you're so apprehensive about?

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 17, 2024, 01:39:51 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 16, 2024, 10:53:34 PMDitto but a part of me wants to know some things for sure to alleviate my concern about certain aspects about the movie. I want to be sure the movie is worth the ticket.

You wouldn't just go anyway?? This is a surprising stance! It's an Alien movie in theaters! Who knows if we'll ever get this chance again as the film industry landscape continues to change.

Did you not read the awful leaks?

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

I have read the leaks, and I haven't read anything I'd consider awful. I have nothing but pure excitement to be honest!

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 17, 2024, 01:43:22 AM
Quote from: GrimmVision on May 17, 2024, 01:39:51 AM

Did you not read the awful leaks?
If someone told you back in 1986 that Aliens was going to be an action film besides an horror film with an gigantic Alien that lays eggs you also had said that are awful leaks. Why you just don't watch the movie first?

SiL

SiL

Ah, we're at the "just watch the film regardless of whether the advertising does its job convincing you" stage of the pre-release cycle.

Local Trouble

Did that happen before AvPR?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2024, 03:40:30 AMDid that happen before AvPR?
It happens with every movie. "Just watch it! Don't think, don't feel, just consume!"

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: SiL on May 17, 2024, 04:05:01 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2024, 03:40:30 AMDid that happen before AvPR?
It happens with every movie. "Just watch it! Don't think, don't feel, just consume!"
It's entertainment 🤷 it doesn't the end of the world if the movie sucks. Besides, the leak can look like sh*t in paper but maybe in execution it's better

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed