Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 166,358 times)

Mike’s Monsters

:-X

Corporal Hicks

The chap in the middle is a social media manager for Stan Winston's School btw.

Necronomicon II

🤫

hamilton_milo

Well Dane said "every other main LA based fx house" is doing something in it. Kinda knew StudioGillis was going to be one of the shops since Alec reposted the Fede tease on Alien day... on a personal level I just have to hope their involvement isn't with big chap.

Although, whoever would be creating the Alien is bringing Dane Hallett's sketches to life, that will be their brief, to do that as accurately as possible, so that shouldn't be so hard to do... we all know Dane is incredible. That makes me pretty optimistic.

SiL

SiL

It's not Gillis read between the lines my guys.

hamilton_milo

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2023, 08:34:48 AMIt's not Gillis read between the lines my guys.

Corporal Hicks

hamilton_milo

Dane replied in the comments on IG to his new post, "after the theatrical run, I will unleash biomechanical hell" (in regards to releasing concept art for Romulus).

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 21, 2023, 06:16:10 AMhttps://www.facebook.com/hallett.dane/posts/pfbid0Ai2LbxhH7Ku4ojGF4i6naDRs24yWmgaMGzWBxbNqs9dHgobpykUs4nCvrgrRASmDl

Still in Budapest, eh? Might be more involved with the production design side of things (a la Covenant, where his art pieces were used on set as props/dressing) rather than just doing concept designs, I'd imagine.... Hmmm....

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I think with Covenant he was technically working set decoration so he was on production, not pre.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 21, 2023, 10:41:04 AMI think with Covenant he was technically working set decoration so he was on production, not pre.

Yep yep, my wording got a little muddied in my above post but what I meant was, since he's still at Budapest now as production is well underway, maybe he's also doing similar production design work on Romulus as opposed to just concept art as we are initially led to believe.

Still Collating...

Quote from: hamilton_milo on May 21, 2023, 07:52:52 AMDane replied in the comments on IG to his new post, "after the theatrical run, I will unleash biomechanical hell" (in regards to releasing concept art for Romulus).

Oh hell yes! David's drawings were great, the best thing about the movie so far for me is that Dane is involved! ;D 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Aye, I think I'm about due to flip through the David artbook again. 8)

I wonder what constitutes as "bucket list" items for him to work on in an Alien film...

BlueMarsalis79

He already got to redesign other forms of the Alien, so I guess something completely new, or perhaps a Queen.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 22, 2023, 12:24:15 AMHe already got to redesign other forms of the Alien, so I guess something completely new, or perhaps a Queen.

I guess it could also potentially mean taking things fully biomechinical this time around, which Covenant sidestepped around in hopes of saving those cards for "Destiny."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed