Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 139,883 times)

skhellter

skhellter

Isolation took the 79 Aesthetic and did an aggressive expansion on how it would apply to different aspects of the world from space stations to police and civilian life, other companies..

Seeing it used as an inspiration is super well deserved imo.

And who knows.. .maybe this movie will make the game proper "canon" alongside the movies lol

also - stompy is super well animated. incredible creature work making the alien look damn good while it's always in your face during gameplay.

Hope they use that specific design.

SiL

SiL

Please not that f**king jaw though.

BlueMarsalis79

Feelings on the Fireteam Elite one?

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/04zdXV

bobby brown

I love the Isolation alien. I think it's the best there ever was. Just wished it had lips and could assume a more relaxed face.

The Fireteam elite is ok. a bit busy. and could use a little more grace.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 11, 2023, 12:08:42 PMFeelings on the Fireteam Elite one?
The longer I look the worse it gets. Good for a game

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Literally how

It has most features of the Isolation and 1979 Alien, without the inelegant shapes of the Isolation one you so utterly despise, with some curbersome parts cut out to give it a more Alien appearance. I get the feeling nothing but a one to one would satisfy.

Mike’s Monsters

Have a feeling this might be his chair for a certain movie:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsHPdJmIVbe/?igshid=MmJiY2I4NDBkZg==

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 11, 2023, 11:52:09 PMLiterally how
The skull under the dome is almost comical.

The features are there, they're just not rendered nicely. It's too sharp, too spiky, too monstrous. There's none of Giger's elegance in it. It's a game monster design.

I might not like Stompy's face but the rest of it is perfect. Except the legs, but I'm never winning that battle.

BlueMarsalis79

The skull being more proportional to the jaw's my favourite thing about the design.

I think you've got it backwards frankly speaking. I like Stompy because I like different takes, but it pretty much falls under all of your criticisms, not the Aliens Fireteam Elite Drone.

Picked the above images for clarity, look at the size of the legs and arms in comparison to the torso, or the back pipes and shoulders or even the head, not just the jaw.

All are much larger that usual, to give it a much more monstrous appearance, I think it works, but it is nowhere near as slight as the Alien typically depicted or human in silouette.

bobby brown

But it has elegance. a vital component in xenomorph design.

TC

TC

Thanks for posting those pics. I gotta say I prefer the Fireteam Elite design over Stompy. The subtle curves in the carapace around the (hidden) skull look better, although that may well be down to nostalgia for the Giger original. I also prefer Fireteam's feet. Stompy's dog legs look fine in stills but when animated in a walk cycle he looks like he's in a partial squat. OTOH, the Fireteam banana head looks too small, although it looks OK in the more dynamic poses.

TC

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 12, 2023, 10:56:04 AMThe skull being more proportional to the jaw's my favourite thing about the design.

I think you've got it backwards frankly speaking. I like Stompy because I like different takes, but it pretty much falls under all of your criticisms, not the Aliens Fireteam Elite Drone.
"Why do you think that?"

I explain.

"No, you're wrong."

Please just put me on ignore.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have no issues with differences of opinion but your explanation made no sense to me.

Corporal Hicks

Nightmare Asylum

Does that settle that, then? Is StudioGillis our team here?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed