Alien: Isolation Animated Series (rumor)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Feb 20, 2019, 02:35:38 AM

Author
Alien: Isolation Animated Series (rumor) (Read 2,868 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Not quite sure if this is the right section for this but we were talking about the other potential shows here. If this is true, it is coming to the Alien website with animation from Axis Animation (Alien: Isolation, Destiny 2). Guess this would be the #WATCH thing from the Instagram teases.

https://observer.com/2019/02/alien-isolation-series-disney-fox-sale-box-office/amp/

I kind of wish they would leave Isolation alone and let it stand on its own, but I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Huggs

Not bad.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 20, 2019, 02:35:38 AM
I kind of wish they would leave Isolation alone and let it stand on its own, but I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Agreed.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 20, 2019, 02:44:24 AM
https://y.yarn.co/9ac2de18-91a3-43b5-9b10-0605cbdeb5a9_text.gif

Agreed.

Same. I'm not sure how I feel about the overall push towards her character at all TBH. I think it was a good avenue for the game, but it smacks of desperation to me.
I'd be for Amanda's inclusion in a story that wraps up an Ellen Ripley story in a live-action setting and then spirals out to her own. For me, it's just a cheap way to instill an emotional connection to character and the degree to which they keep adding to it seems forced and a bit OTT.

Its not the worst thing that's ever happened, but it reeks of "we don't know the way forward without going backwards, but we're not sure about going backwards either so... here's Ripley's daughter and you don't know her."

Just commit fully to one attitude. Either have her find and interact with her mother or just don't use her.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed completely, but Ellen Ripley's dead.

All entries in the series that have forced the inclusion of something/someone Ripley have suffered from it.
Isolation's a fluke, that succeeded because Amanda Ripley had no character- we filled her shoes.
So when she was saying goodbye to Ellen Ripley for the last time, so were we.

& Amanda Ripley's purpose is fulfilled narratively and thematically with that conclusion.

Nukiemorph

This definitely sounds in line with the other news & rumors we've heard.  I'm willing to bet this will be the "Watch" project we've been waiting on.

Whatever we're getting, I hope it gets a physical release.

SM

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 20, 2019, 04:04:23 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 20, 2019, 02:44:24 AM
https://y.yarn.co/9ac2de18-91a3-43b5-9b10-0605cbdeb5a9_text.gif

Agreed.

Same. I'm not sure how I feel about the overall push towards her character at all TBH. I think it was a good avenue for the game, but it smacks of desperation to me.
I'd be for Amanda's inclusion in a story that wraps up an Ellen Ripley story in a live-action setting and then spirals out to her own. For me, it's just a cheap way to instill an emotional connection to character and the degree to which they keep adding to it seems forced and a bit OTT.

Its not the worst thing that's ever happened, but it reeks of "we don't know the way forward without going backwards, but we're not sure about going backwards either so... here's Ripley's daughter and you don't know her."

Just commit fully to one attitude. Either have her find and interact with her mother or just don't use her.

How are they going to do that?

The Old One

The Old One

I think Amanda Ripley will be a "Hero" for finding out who's responsible for the "Special Orders" and that'll be the crux of all this overlapping media. If so, I hope they don't drag it out and turn her into a recurring character but artfully finish her story. It's time to move on from Ripley as it is.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Wouldn't be shocked if this just winds up retelling a portion of the game rather than really delving into any uncharted territory. The rumor has it at seven episodes, and I would be shocked if any of them even reach ten minutes (it is web content, after all), so we'd be looking at maybe an hour's worth of content in total.

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 20, 2019, 04:32:02 AM
I think Amanda Ripley will be a "Hero" for finding out who's responsible for the "Special Orders" and that'll be the crux of all this overlapping media. If so, I hope they don't drag it out and turn her into a recurring character but artfully finish her story. It's time to move on from Ripley as it is.

Maybe she'll shoot Mr. SO937 at the end while saying: "That's for my mom, you son of a bitch."

SM

Does she do the whole "Hello.  My name is Amanda Ripley.  You killed my mother.  Prepare to die" thing?

Corporal Hicks

Don't forget the 2 SOs that killed folk on Sevestapol and Mendel too.

The Old One

The Old One

I assume they all came from the same Cabal Amanda Ripley will lead the Resistance against and destroy.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Feb 20, 2019, 07:59:26 AM
Does she do the whole "Hello.  My name is Amanda Ripley.  You killed my mother.  Prepare to die" thing?

I certainly hope so.

Corporal Hicks

With Ripley's very same Pulse Rifle/Flamer combo that W-Y had recovered.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed