Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 100,161 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huntsman on Sep 21, 2018, 09:45:13 AMFugitive lands amongst a violent situation. He may seek to help humanity, but if there are armed humans they are deemed fair game. I'm okay with the rules of the hunt applying there. And Fugitive wakes up as a drugged and restrained prisoner. He's doing what it takes to break free.

Also, while he may be here to help, that doesn't mean he wants to be captured, prodded and dissected by Stargazer's scientists. I can kinda justify him being pissed there.

Same goes for his attacking McKenna's team - they were stealing his shit.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 21, 2018, 10:09:34 AM
Quote from: Huntsman on Sep 21, 2018, 09:45:13 AMFugitive lands amongst a violent situation. He may seek to help humanity, but if there are armed humans they are deemed fair game. I'm okay with the rules of the hunt applying there. And Fugitive wakes up as a drugged and restrained prisoner. He's doing what it takes to break free.

Also, while he may be here to help, that doesn't mean he wants to be captured, prodded and dissected by Stargazer's scientists. I can kinda justify him being pissed there.

Precisely.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yep, I saw no issue with Fugitive doing what he needed to protect his stuff and escape from being captured.

brain_damage

brain_damage

Seeing all the newer movies I did not expect much. Hence it was awesome. An ongoing life policy- expect less, get more. I loved it far more than the previous Predators and how they combined dark sense of humor with grim, gore and a deeper insight. I am kind of tired from seeing new movies copy-paste rewritten from the old ones, except for cast and basic plot change. This was good for me.

Apart from the 9 mm death scene at the end.

Feels good to be back.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Good to be back? The movie has very low quality, with bigger budget, you can like the plot, i dont because i dont think it has any,  you can like the action, well for 30 min i like it, then its a bad cgi monster killing people in the less predator way i could imagine, and finally you have a amazing ending with a bad cgi iron man copy...
How can you be happy with this low quality?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 21, 2018, 12:28:18 PM
Good to be back? The movie has very low quality, with bigger budget, you can like the plot, i dont because i dont think it has any,  you can like the action, well for 30 min i like it, then its a bad cgi monster killing people in the less predator way i could imagine, and finally you have a amazing ending with a bad cgi iron man copy...
How can you be happy with this low quality?
Let people have their opinion please, i like the movie as well, saw it three times already.

I think we can all agree it's not the movie we anticipated, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun with it. It will be a guilty pleasure for many people over the years, and some flat out love the movie.

I can totally see why poeple don't like it though, if i wouldn't be a fan, this movie is forgettable.

It's called different tastes, and while the plot could have been better, it still has all the ingredients a Predator fan wants, including
awesome Predator action, lots of violence, foul mouthed characters and some great comedy.

The lab sequence is one of my favourite in the whole series. Predator using humans as living shields, firing machine gun and ripping off heads? Yeah, he's back, i sat there grinning ear to ear.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Sep 21, 2018, 12:46:11 PMI think we can all agree it's not the movie we anticipated, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun with it.

I actually really like that it feels so different to the previous three. Perhaps my biggest issue with Predators is how it spends so much of its time simply retreading things the previous films, the first especially, already covered. The Predator felt fresh in comparison.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Sep 21, 2018, 12:46:11 PMPredator ... firing machine gun

That bit was great :) I loved the way he didn't even attempt to handle it properly, like he's clearly never done it before but he understands the theory lol.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Stealing something that was meant for humanity. What is supposed to be the master plan, he hands it over to the president of the United States? Also, assuming he knows his gear, why is he attacking directly, when his own gadgets can injure or kill him.
I'm sorry, but the whole idea is just not logical. I won't even start about how it goes on paralel lines with the whole concept. But it's just stupid and lazy.

The lab scene was nice, and justified. What came after was rather not.

The Old One

The Old One

SpaghettiBastard's review:

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 20, 2018, 10:29:49 PM
Quote from: Marc505 on Sep 20, 2018, 09:19:18 PM
And after all this, I just remembered the Upgrade spitting. Oh my.

He couldn't help it, he travelled back to '87 and got Blaine's spinal fluid. 🙄😏

Actually i never saw any spit coming out of the assassins's mouth

Nathsp

Nathsp

It spits, with fire in the back, its a moment when you think wthell they were thinking.
Of course you can like it, i like avp, and i know its crap, but i know its crap.
Of course i respect someone likes the movie, but dont tell me its a 5 of 5 or that its amazing because its not, its a mess, a fun mess for some pelple.
It will probably win some razzies

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 21, 2018, 05:38:51 PM

It's there, but it's one of those "look away and you'll miss it" scenes (where he's walking on the football field, in front of the burning cop car.)  I didn't mind it.  It's a very human gesture, but didn't press any buttons.

proto leech

proto leech

QuotePredator ... firing machine gun

That bit was great :) I loved the way he didn't even attempt to handle it properly, like he's clearly never done it before but he understands the theory lol.

Best part of the movie.

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 21, 2018, 04:26:24 PM
SpaghettiBastard's review:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/287723735201c9fad137fe4f85954252/tumblr_pfey8mvGeA1qjabr0o1_540.jpg

Harsh. A picture is worth a thousand words

Marc505

Marc505

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 21, 2018, 06:44:51 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 21, 2018, 05:38:51 PM

It's there, but it's one of those "look away and you'll miss it" scenes (where he's walking on the football field, in front of the burning cop car.)  I didn't mind it.  It's a very human gesture, but didn't press any buttons.

There were quite a few blink and you'll miss it moments! Didn't do anything for me that to be honest.

Having only seen it once it's interesting to pick up on things others have and haven't seen. The Upgrade's vision being one, obviously doesn't require a mask to see in IR, but seemingly has a HUD capability in his eyes too! I put that down to the film's sloppiness really.

predator2rules

predator2rules

I have to be honest I wasn't prepared for Predators 2010. For some reason I felt it was so different to the originals. I did enjoy it but it was different. This takes different and blows it apart 1000% I found myself laughing in most parts especially with the loonies and the part where the predator attacks that army truck and that driver asks if everything is okay and Predator takes that severed hand and pops it through the slot with the thumb up.

I really loved and enjoyed the Predator. I don't think its Predator 2 or Predator but its something totally different. I really liked the suit for the fugitive predator, I thought Brian Prince was superb as the Predator. All the loonies were great and I did feel something when Trevante Rhodes character sacrificed himself. Boyd Holbrook was perfect for this movie. He isn't big like Arnold or Glover but he does have a different presence.  There's heaps of action in this film and the break out scene is actually pretty scary. I know this film is getting panned but I think audiences will slowly warm to it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed