Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 100,171 times)

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 22, 2018, 06:30:56 PM
All opinions are welcome, to a degree.

It's just not interesting hearing someone repeat ad-nauseam for instance that the Upgrade isn't a traditional Predator.
When it was always known he wasn't intended to be.
Not a traditional predator, im saying its not a predator, its a cliche,  big monster, a indominus but worse..
And not just the predator, most of the movie is absurd.
The big surprise was fugitive, it was amazing

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 22, 2018, 06:30:56 PM
All opinions are welcome, to a degree.

It's just not interesting hearing someone repeat ad-nauseam for instance that the Upgrade isn't a traditional Predator.
When it was always known he wasn't intended to be.

Oh, I didn't mean that. That's a topic that will always divide fan's opinions, and from the 'other side', it's evokes an equal reaction when people are trying to ad absurdum explain things which are not there or make zero sense. But it's a forum for discussion, or  it's supposed to be.

I meant earlier reactions to some other members' posts, which I feel like weren't justified. Yea, I know I shouldn't care about things like that on the internet.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Let it sink in over last week, going to check it again monday and see if i like it better.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: skull-splitter on Sep 22, 2018, 02:48:51 PMIt's amazing that Black had four years, a bigger budget than Predators and still managed to miss the mark when it comes to ticking all the boxes what this franchise started out as and he seemingly was more interested in making his own film.

Personally, I find that to be the single best thing about it.

He didn't just try to recycle things the previous movies have done (something Predators did to its detriment), but instead strove to do something different.

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 22, 2018, 05:46:07 PMGave it a second chance today, but nothing changed. It has like zero rewatch value, unfortunately.

I'm definitely keen to watch it again.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Different needs vision to make it work, not shoe horned ideas like DNA tweaking and global warming.

If Black had the idea to portray warring factions, Predators outran him in making a point.

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

I've seen it twice and enjoyed it, it's definitely frankensteined  together unfortunately through the reshoots  but I was entertained by it . I gave it a 4/5

The Wolverine Predator

I really liked most of it, I really liked McKenna, the Loonies and Treager, The Fugitive was bad ass and I feel like they could have used him for a bigger role, the Upgrade was good and bad at times. I did laugh a bit, the end was like WTF?? I guess it opens more doors for the future. I do actually wish it would have been a darker film though. I will rewatch it soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntsman

Huntsman

Here's the thing. Would I be in a rush to watch TP again? Nah, probably not. Not in the same way as the original and the sequel. The others are just serviceable. The series takes a lot of its DNA from the original. References to dialogue (ugly motherf**kers, get to the chopper, etc) and references to set pieces. It's well and truly time to let that all go. It creates the bland rehash feeling. Onwards and upwards. Make new moments.

The Old One

The Old One

Predator does indeed require a new film that refuses to replicate the original, other than it features the titular Predator character.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Huntsman on Sep 23, 2018, 12:07:27 AM
Here's the thing. Would I be in a rush to watch TP again? Nah, probably not. Not in the same way as the original and the sequel. The others are just serviceable. The series takes a lot of its DNA from the original. References to dialogue (ugly motherf**kers, get to the chopper, etc) and references to set pieces. It's well and truly time to let that all go. It creates the bland rehash feeling. Onwards and upwards. Make new moments.

Yep, I agree. For the movie attempting to be original in its plot, it was pretty similar to its predecessors in that department. I think simply letting that go would help future movies immensely. It doesn't need tired callbacks and reference pieces to keep close to the original. The Predator itself, so long as there are classics involved, is enough to keep that connection.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Indeed. It only strengthens the case that the franchise has only had one good film, and it has nothing more to offer other than reheating those old tropes. Especially by the time the Upgrade ship crashed the film was going through the motions. We all knew what was going to happen. For better or worse the Predator Killer suit was something different. If the franchise is to continue (doubtful IMO) they need to do something completely different.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 22, 2018, 05:31:58 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 22, 2018, 01:18:32 PM
Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 22, 2018, 12:34:14 PM
Original predator had a lot of practical, and in fact it has aged well.
You can do amazing sequels, aliens, terminator 2... Predator has a huge expanded universe, with plots 29900 times better.
And the predator cgi is bad, for today standars and for 2009 standars,  its cheap, fast, bad...
So no, im not happy, it was a great opportunity, nice budget, that ended  in this mess..
Im sad, shane black knows nothing about the predator...

Obviously you know better than him, roarrr pew pew  :laugh:
Im more into the honor of the hunt, ambushing, smart and agile hunters... Predator stuff not hulk..

He did ambush people, and was agile too... Looks like predator stuff to me.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Ambushing? He was roarrr, he gets some random guy in a three, then eats his head, in the worse cgi ive seen in ages... 99 of the time he just runs and smashes, some kind of gore hulk, he even spits...
The upgrade put me out of the movie..

ep40

ep40

Jungle Hunter didn't need to bite heads and do crotch shots to be terryfying and roared in specific situations.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: ep40 on Sep 23, 2018, 05:59:19 PM
Jungle Hunter didn't need to bite heads and do crotch shots to be terryfying and roared in specific situations.
Thats the diference between a good movie vs the modern standar shit

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed