Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 100,187 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Head bites are the difference between modern filmmaking and the films of yesteryear?

I don't think so.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 23, 2018, 10:28:01 PM
Head bites are the difference between modern filmmaking and the films of yesteryear?

I don't think so.
No, its the way its shown, the way they make you feel the creature is dangerous

newbeing

newbeing

I saw this today, and going into it with low expectations, and basically knowing everything that was going to happen I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

It was an action comedy, which I can understand would rub a lot of fans the wrong way, but at least it felt like everyone involved with the film knew it was all for fun and kind of a farce.

It was stupid, stupid, and stupid, but what can I say, it was a fun watch.

CristianoRonaldo7

CristianoRonaldo7

Worst movie ever. 0/10 to me.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Stupidest movie I've seen in a long time. Extremely botched and messy on all accounts. Way too much of a comedy. The way the movie turns everything Predator on its head felt extremely out of character. The Loonies were funny but not even two-dimensional. For me personally this movie has zero rewatchability as well as having no redeeming qualities making up for all its monumental flaws. Over the top CGI really made the movie feel even cheaper and cartoonier than it is. Pure trash but nit nearly as bad AVP:R. 1/5

XenoVC

XenoVC

I've thought about it, and why not have the next rebootquel in three years be a mix of the end of Predators and this, with Boyd Holbrook in a random samurai nanosuit. As we've seen, the returns aren't getting higher. Rather than have another ending that's supposed to "expand the franchise for sequels" that never does or never will, follow up on both cliffhangers.

Have Adrien Brody and Alice Braga show up on Earth in a ship. The next one probably isn't gonna draw Arnie back either. Maybe the movie turns out to never have any actual Predators in it.

Alrght, maybe I'm slightly joking, but i kinda dig the idea I just pulled out. Predator 2 was the last one with a semi closed conclusion. I just want a chance at closure on both endings at this point, as this movie looks as likely to get one as Solo does.

JCDenton

JCDenton

Finally saw it last night after much delaying on purpose

geez, what a dissapointment, what a dissapointment ...

Why did you said it twice ?

4.5/10 ..better that AVP;R ,but that ain`t saying much

Decent perfomances from the actors - given what they were working with, not a bad Predator design - the face was odd , some nice kills - although too much CGI involved with the blood ...the dogs were horrendous - stupid and just used a plot device - as much as everything else in the "script" i am afraid ...and don`t get start me on the ending. If i haven`t seen the spoilers from Mr H reviews i would honestly think of wanting my money back from the movie theathre just because of that "ending". The person responsible for it should be working somewhere in Asia constructing blueprints for Apple  24/7 , with the Jungle Hunter supervising him if he spares any effort and rip his freaking spine out in the end when he is begging for a break .

In brief - crappy CGI , horrible editing and mess of everything else - somethings worked and were tolerable ,while other  where completely  full of crap ...have no idea how anyone first have greenlighted  such a movie budget with the script Dekker and Black provided and everything from then on with the movie process ...

And here i was thinking that the analytics and the bosses in my company are clueless ...stupid people everywhere i am afraid - especially in the high ranking positions :(

blood.

blood.

Honestly I think I prefer AVP R more.

Eggbarfing > spinal fluid collecting
teenagers > personified joke books
avpr aliens > predator dogs
wolf > upgrade
People are dying. We need guns. > Iron Man 3 reference.

JCDenton

JCDenton

Naaah

Wolf was great and had few saving graces, but the movie is awful - badly lit , and the dialogue is even more cringe worthy that The Predator

As i said - i am really baffled by the amount of cocaine used by the FOX CEO`s and their decision making. But at least i saw a final Predator movie for the last time on the big screen ...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I get that everyone is fully entitled to an opinion...

...but the idea that anything in the franchise is as bad as the turd-pile that is Requiem simply strikes me as ridiculous.

JCDenton

JCDenton

Correct - at least at times The Predator looks and feels  like a high budget movie, which cannot be said for the AVP:R

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: JCDenton on Sep 24, 2018, 09:40:20 AM
Correct - at least at times The Predator looks and feels  like a high budget movie, which cannot be said for the AVP:R
The predator feels like a high budget movie? The scene with the upgrade in the threes is one of the worse cgis ive seen in years..in fact most of the movie look cheap and fast done..

JCDenton

JCDenton

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 24, 2018, 10:44:25 AM
Quote from: JCDenton on Sep 24, 2018, 09:40:20 AM
The predator feels like a high budget movie? The scene with the upgrade in the threes is one of the worse cgis ive seen in years..in fact most of the movie look cheap and fast done..

I agree ..also the predator dogs looked like CGI crap., But you cannot judge the whole movie as botched because of 30 % crap effects - most likely due ot the reshoots and the guys didnqt have enough time to implement the CGI changes and make it look good.

However , there were some nice special effects here and there , the practical Predator looked great and as a whole you can see what was going on even in the dark - at least more thant AVP:R :)

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 24, 2018, 09:37:06 AM
Yeah, I get that everyone is fully entitled to an opinion...

...but the idea that anything in the franchise is as bad as the turd-pile that is Requiem simply strikes me as ridiculous.
Requiem is a dog's dinner.

predator2rules

predator2rules

When it started with the predator ships in space, didn't anyone else think have I walked into the wrong movie. I looked down at my ticket. I thought it was some star wars thing. I liked it thought, it was well done.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed