Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 150,015 times)

Paranoid Android

Is there an actual point behind saying I hate the film (which I stated several times by now)?

SM

SM

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 29, 2017, 01:15:13 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2017, 01:02:55 AM
QuoteWell there is one actually happening in Prometheus so...

That wasn't the question. Is there one in the mural? I can't see one but maybe I missed it.

Dont see one. Hugging means bursting is heavily implied by Prometheus is what i meant.
So it's not the 'exact' cycle.

(I thought perhaps there was a trilobite in the background though)

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 29, 2017, 01:17:53 AM
Is there an actual point behind me hating the film (which I stated several times by now)?

You tell us. Weaponized autism isn't prone to self-awareness.

SM

SM

Can we stick to the ideas and avoid judging personalities.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2017, 01:19:28 AM

That wasn't the question. Is there one in the mural? I can't see one but maybe I missed it.

Dont see one. Hugging means bursting is heavily implied by Prometheus is what i meant.

The chestburster and mature alien are basically the same thing, unlike the facehugger which dies once its duty is fulfilled, and the queen, which is a different version of the grown alien.

SM

SM

It's still not the "exact" cycle if it's missing a step. Gigers pyramid art was closer in that regard.

Paranoid Android

True, but I don't think it was meant to display the exact lifecycle as in a biological chart, but rather simply depict the creature in an artistic way to imply the engineers were aware of it. It is a mural, after all.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2017, 01:19:28 AM

Ja sure, i mean theres no connection between the small huggers and the egg either (no jumping out like in Gigers mural)... If there actually were a trilobite it would be kind of redundant though, no ? (then again thats the case with Gigers mural) The problem for me here is there is no egg being shown in Prometheus but then suddenly David uses this kind of egg, with this exact "little" huggers and "creates" something that is looking quite like the thing at the center of this mural (torso legs, ja youre right the dome looks more deaconesque [then again, perspective?] but for me thats about it in that moral that points to the deacon cycle, while a lot of other stuff looks way more Alien).

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

What is that at the bottom of mural? I can see a head and a torso with out stretched arms or am I imagining it?

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 28, 2017, 11:11:01 PM
I honestly don't even think that the lack of consistency with previous films is the biggest sin of David being the creator of the alien.

Its biggest sin is that it sets the alien as something that's man-made, meaning it's about as "alien" as a toaster oven at this point. You can even argue for the toaster oven to be more alien, cause the alien was achieved via manipulation of Shaw's DNA.

So you know how in 1979 they released a film called "Alien"? The title is wrong; it's not an alien.
There's no sin. The Alien's life-cycle and compatibility with humans CLEARLY indicates that it is something that has been manufactured. In fact, the prequels make this make much more sense, as you wouldn't expect an alien organism to be compatible with humans just like that.
    Regarding the title, that comes down to personal opinion. Does it bother me that the Xenomorph isn't some ancient mysterious Alien that evolved on its own on some dark and evil Alien-homeworld? No.
    As far as the mural goes, the facehuggers shown could be some other type of proto face-hugger and not the specific facehugger engineered by David. After all, his arrogance rivals his intellect and he may not be as inventive as he believes. Most likely though it's just a retcon, which personally doesn't bother me because Prometheus was a very messy movie full of loose ends that could never be threaded together coherently. This is how they went for it, I like it, I think others would too if relieved their bias a little bit. After all, David still uses arcane Engineer technology to accomplish his creation.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Alionic on Jul 29, 2017, 01:19:45 AM
Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 29, 2017, 01:17:53 AM
Is there an actual point behind me hating the film (which I stated several times by now)?

You tell us. Weaponized autism isn't prone to self-awareness.

Why bother with posts like these? All I've seen you post since coming back here is pot shots at members who have different tastes than you do.

QuoteDavid did create the alien according to Covenant. There's no going around that (skip to 3:26)

David created the Xenomorph. The Deacon and presumably Alien like creatures were running around aeons before David was involved. When I say Alien, I'm not talking about the actual Alien from Aliens. I agree he did create that, at least according to the movie.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 29, 2017, 01:37:52 AM
I honestly don't even think that the lack of consistency with previous films is the biggest sin of David being the creator of the alien.

Its biggest sin is that it sets the alien as something that's man-made, meaning it's about as "alien" as a toaster oven at this point. You can even argue for the toaster oven to be more alien, cause the alien was achieved via manipulation of Shaw's DNA.

So you know how in 1979 they released a film called "Alien"? The title is wrong; it's not an alien.
There's no sin. The Alien's life-cycle and compatibility with humans CLEARLY indicates that it is something that has been manufactured. In fact, the prequels make this make much more sense, as you wouldn't expect an alien organism to be compatible with humans just like that.
    Regarding the title goes, that comes down to personal opinion. Does it bother me that the Xenomorph isn't some ancient mysterious Alien that evolved on its own on some dark and evil Alien-homeworld? No.
    As far as the mural goes, the facehuggers shown could be some other type of proto face-hugger and not the specific facehugger engineered by David. After all, his arrogance rivals his intellect and he may not be as inventive as he believes. Most likely though it's just a retcon, which personally doesn't bother me because Prometheus was a very messy movie full of loose ends that could never be threaded together coherently. This is how they went for it, I like it, I think others would too if relieved their bias a little bit. After all, David still uses arcane Engineer technology to accomplish his creation.
If it doesn't bother you, to each his own, I guess. I personally want the aliens in my Alien films to be alien.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jul 29, 2017, 01:35:13 AM
What is that at the bottom of mural? I can see a head and a torso with out stretched arms or am I imagining it?

I dont see it sorry, under the feet of the Alien/deacon? All i see there are two "egg"-shaped things i first thought might be the eggs where the huggers are supposed to jump out... but i doubt it.

SM, trilobite you mean the top structure?

Gash

Gash

David is no more evil for his designs on the alien than Giger was for designing and building the Space Jockey.

Burn it!

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 29, 2017, 01:42:10 AM
Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 29, 2017, 01:37:52 AM

Regarding the title goes, that comes down to personal opinion. Does it bother me that the Xenomorph isn't some ancient mysterious Alien that evolved on its own on some dark and evil Alien-homeworld? No.
If it doesn't bother you, to each his own, I guess. I personally want the aliens in my Alien films to be alien.
Well, that's kinda my point. The alien in Alien didn't really seem that alien to begin with, given it's anthropomorphic body-plan, life-cycle and host specificity. Truly alien aliens in sci-fi are extremely rare.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed