Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 152,215 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 28, 2017, 11:56:59 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jul 28, 2017, 11:35:21 PM
The mural for me seems to be more symbolic rather than an accurate depiction of the Alien. It's not something that I've ever referred to for answers. We already know huggers and Aliens exist without David.

Its an inworld entity though. And its outright stating David invented Jacksht. Not even Ridley can palaver this whole continuity mess away unless theyre in for some kind of supertwist lol.

David didn't invent the Alien, he made his version of it. I don't really like it anymore than the next fella, but it is what it is. The more important question would be what came first - The goo or the egg. I don't think we will ever find that one out.

I think there are other questions though, like what's the point of the hugger stage if it's simply to deliver the black goo inside of a host when it can apparently do that itself.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Highland on Jul 29, 2017, 12:10:04 AM
The mural for me seems to be more symbolic rather than an accurate depiction of the Alien. It's not something that I've ever referred to for answers. We already know huggers and Aliens exist without David.

Its an inworld entity though. And its outright stating David invented Jacksht. Not even Ridley can palaver this whole continuity mess away unless theyre in for some kind of supertwist lol.

David didn't invent the Alien, he made his version of it. I don't really like it anymore than the next fella, but it is what it is. The more important question would be what came first - The goo or the egg. I don't think we will ever find that one out.

I think there are other questions though, like what's the point of the hugger stage if it's simply to deliver the black goo inside of a host when it can apparently do that itself.

It just doesnt make any sense for me. Why would the engineers place a big egg mural in a room full of ampules we later see have nothing to do with the whole hugger cycle (see the bombing in Covenant).

Then David comes around and designs exactly this egg, with exactly this cycle that is being portrayed on that mural. like wtf wtf where is this going

SM

SM

He 'learned their ways'.

Is there a chesterburster on the mural?

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 29, 2017, 12:27:02 AM

It just doesnt make any sense for me. Why would the engineers place a big egg mural in a room full of ampules we later see have nothing to do with the whole hugger cycle (see the bombing in Covenant).

Then David comes around and designs exactly this egg, with exactly this cycle that is being portrayed on that mural. like wtf wtf where is this going

I don't think it has any significance to the story though. I think they just stick it in the film without any real thought process behind its implications. Even if we do get a sequel I doubt the mural would be explained because the film makers don't even know what it means.

Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2017, 12:31:56 AM
He 'learned their ways'.

Is the upside down figure at the bottom birthing in some way? Might just be my eyes.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2017, 12:31:56 AM
He 'learned their ways'.

Well there is one actually happening in Prometheus so...

And yes he learned their ways but he also deeply despises them. So would he be satisfied by just replicating what they invented aeons ago? Maybe David actually is just a lying nutjob of a machine, that would explain something at least, but i doubt that is Scotts actual direction.

QuoteI don't think it has any significance to the story though. I think they just stick it in the film without any real thought process behind its implications. Even if we do get a sequel I doubt the mural would be explained because the film makers don't even know what it means.

Ja this pretty much, i fear. And then they come around asking fans what went wrong, this is just ridiculous...

Highland

Highland

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 29, 2017, 12:27:02 AM

Best I can come up with is that this is what happens -

The Engineers bomb the planet with the black liquid which attacks all living animals in the vicinity killing them instantly. The black liquid then infects the breeding process of these animals which results in egg like pods which eject more creatures to infected further areas. The resulting creatures then either kill off the remaining life forms or use them for hosts which also results in death.

So in a nutshell the Black liquid is just a giant virus that starts at one location then spreads throughout the planet killing everything alive by initially shocking that one area then mutating into other life forms to finish the rest of the planet.

I guess the only thing we haven't seen yet is just how the Engineers clean up the Planet (if they even care?) once this has happened.

I agree though that in reality Scott and Co don't know what it does and we've just got to make up stuff like this. Perhaps there was a time when he had a clearer idea and it got changed for whatever reason.

Paranoid Android

David didn't invent the Alien, he made his version of it. I don't really like it anymore than the next fella, but it is what it is.
David did create the alien according to Covenant. There's no going around that (skip to 3:26):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo30bZc10D0&t=3m26s

There is no point, it's all one big incoherent mess. If the alien is supposed to be a bioweapon, the goo is more efficient at its job by both being airborn and skipping the facehugger stage entirely; If the alien is supposed to be imperfect at this stage of the series (and it is), it still seems more efficient than the alien we see in later films: Grows practically before your eyes; facehugger no longer even needs to properly facehug, but can make do with a simple 'love tap' (as was the case with Lope), chestburster already comes out with its limbs instead of needing to grow them over time.

SM

SM

QuoteWell there is one actually happening in Prometheus so...

That wasn't the question. Is there one in the mural? I can't see one but maybe I missed it.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 27, 2017, 11:07:19 PM
I'm pretty sure fossilization requires being buried in the ground. Kind of a weak point of argument to begin with.

A fossil is a stone, its natures equivalent of a death cast - organic matter is engulfed in mud or sediment, rots away and the space where the body was fills with other mud or sediment of a different type. You get a stone copy of the original but nothing of the original. The Space Jockey cannot be a fossil, even if it looks like one to Dallas's eyes.

Alionic

Alionic

Paranoid Android still believes we are not aware of his disdain for Covenant.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Alionic on Jul 29, 2017, 01:03:29 AM
If you truly think so, you're lagging behind the conversation by like, 15 pages.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Nostromo on Jul 28, 2017, 10:45:13 AM
If dumbasses in the Alien community..universe..would follow these 4 simple rules everyone would be happy..even the idiots who will disagree..

1. Smart awesome story & dialogue  (If someone with an IQ over 8 would have seen Alien Covenant in the editing room, he'd have quickly suggested redoing almost 80% of the movie).

2. It must have smart creepy terror scenes in it. If it doesn't  it will fail, just like every other after Aliens. Prometheus had a bit.

3. Aliens should look like the Alien. Why does every movie have to have a different design? Makes you scratch your head.

4. Location: Old rusty spaceships, space stations, bases and outposts on other planet. Basically anything that does not look like Earth.

That's it, if those 4 elements are present in every Alien movie they'd probably do great.

Hmmm, given the quality of this reasoning I'd just settle for a mental age over 8.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 29, 2017, 01:09:35 AM
If you truly think so, you're lagging behind the conversation by like, 15 pages.

We're all waiting for another fifteen pages of you repeating the same thing. Carry on, bud.  :laugh:

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

That's because he's so subtle

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2017, 01:02:55 AM
QuoteWell there is one actually happening in Prometheus so...

That wasn't the question. Is there one in the mural? I can't see one but maybe I missed it.

Dont see one. Hugging means bursting is heavily implied by Prometheus is what i meant.

QuoteThe Engineers bomb the planet with the black liquid which attacks all living animals in the vicinity killing them instantly. The black liquid then infects the breeding process of these animals which results in egg like pods which eject more creatures to infected further areas.

Its interesting to think about what the one ship from Prometheus would actually do when reaching earth. Drop it on some heavily populated areas and then what? Some individuals that didnt die there but somehow ingested it would then produce giant squid hugger who would run around huggin deacon etc?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed