Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 151,616 times)

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

You see... this is exactly why ALL Alien/AVP fans should have strongly supported Covenant regardless of how they wanted or not another Prequel film. You see... had Covenant been a success, FOX may have made deals for even more films related to the Alien franchise.  ::)

Hell, I bet that if Covenant had made a billion dollars even the Blomkamp Alien 5 film or more AVP films would have been a possibility.

This is why I watched Covenant like 3 times in a row. I knew the film needed to be a very big success since the beginning for the franchise to continue.

Too bad it wasn't like that in the end... Now everything is ruined.

Great job guise...  :'(

SM

SM

So people who watched it - and therefore supported it with their money - should watch it again even if they didn't like it?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Kronnang_Dunn on Jul 29, 2017, 08:11:54 AM
You see... this is exactly why ALL Alien/AVP fans should have strongly supported Covenan

What about Predator fans.

SiL

SiL

But why would I want them to make more movies if I don't like the ones they're making already ???

SM

SM

Because shut up.

0321recon

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2017, 08:19:26 AM
So people who watched it - and therefore supported it with their money - should watch it again even if they didn't like it?

My gut reaction is to say "yes, so long as you are a fan of the franchise as a whole, support it." So many people just don't get that it isn't about seeing the next "prequel" it's about having the franchise thrive as a whole. But yeah, rarely do people think that far and honestly they shouldn't have to.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 29, 2017, 08:54:43 AM
But why would I want them to make more movies if I don't like the ones they're making already ???

Because you can't get good movies from the dispenser if the valve is shut.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Kurai on Jul 29, 2017, 12:39:30 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2017, 08:19:26 AM

My gut reaction is to say "yes, so long as you are a fan of the franchise as a whole, support it." So many people just don't get that it isn't about seeing the next "prequel" it's about having the franchise thrive as a whole. But yeah, rarely do people think that far and honestly they shouldn't have to.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 29, 2017, 08:54:43 AM

Because you can't get good movies from the dispenser if the valve is shut.
What incentive does the film industry have to produce good Alien films if I'm supporting the terrible ones? By giving such films money, I'm letting the industry know that I want more of what I'm getting. I don't want more of what I'm getting. I don't even want half of what I got so far.

Highland

Highland

We've been doing just fine. We get books, comics,  games, statues, figures, movies on a pretty regular basis.

We will still get more stuff because it's not like they just closed the Alien universe into a 20 year time period or anything.....

Shit.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Anyway,according to the polls on here the majority of fans did like it. It's the general cinema goer who didn't go and see it. Not enough of them anyway.

Paranoid Android

The majority of fans on this site. It does not equal the majority of fans. If the majority of fans liked the film (which, let's face it, consist of the majority of people who saw it on opening week), it would've got good word of mouth. It got bad word of mouth, dropped like a rock on its second week and pretty much vanished from theaters within a month.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

So did Terminator Genisys. They're making another one if not a new trilogy. So did the Ghostbusters reboot. Ivan Reitman says they're making more. There will be more Alien, guys.

Evanus

Evanus

There will be more Alien... but not Prometheus.  :'(

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Of course they will make more. We are living in the 'do you remember it?' age of Hollywood, when movies are made on brand recognition alone and are more concerned with shoving as much fan service as they can into the film than with writing a good story. In a world where studios invest money into the making of such fabulous brands as Chips and Baywatch, there's no question of whether someone will make a new Alien film - a brand that might not be Star Wars, but still a pop culture icon. Only question is what type of Alien film will they make and when.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 29, 2017, 01:36:52 PM
The majority of fans on this site. It does not equal the majority of fans. If the majority of fans liked the film (which, let's face it, consist of the majority of people who saw it on opening week), it would've got good word of mouth. It got bad word of mouth, dropped like a rock on its second week and pretty much vanished from theaters within a month.

Not just on this site. Most of the polls on other fansites ive seen were pretty positive as well. Also the reviews were generally positive. Just because it didnt do great at the box office doesnt mean its a bad film, by that reasoning a lot of great films would be considered bad. Its been a tough year at the box office for a lot of films, good and bad. Also people of a negative opinion on anything are generally much more vocal, makes it seem like the film is more hated when its not.

Edit- just as an example the poll at Xenopedia is overwhelming positive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed