AvP Cartoon

Started by Darth_Spud, Sep 20, 2007, 12:40:54 PM

How would feel about an AVP anime being made?

Awesome!
12 (11.8%)
A good idea, provided it's done right.
36 (35.3%)
Not sure.
16 (15.7%)
Maybe not.
5 (4.9%)
NO!
33 (32.4%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author
AvP Cartoon (Read 12,891 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Actually, if anything Aliens vs Predator suits the anime style more than live action. As separate franchises...sure, it suits Predator but not Aliens. It's usually very detailed, well animated and very intense. I've been rooting for an AvP anime for a good few years now. I really really want one.

Master

Master

American animation?

pred_alien

pred_alien

when someone says AVP anime i think naruto with  aliens and preds

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

A common problem. Most of the stuff that becomes "mainstream" in the west is pretty shit.  I guarantee if you ask average joe westerner about anime they will respond with either Naruto or Dragon Ball Z.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

how about FINAL FANTASY advent children style animation? the characters look failry realistic and the design was top notch. I dont want all male/female characters to look pretty but they were in the right track.

also graphic novel/manga might work too.  8)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I only see a AVP anime if it a Seinen anime. If it a Shōnen anime then i will not even bother seeing it.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: SiL on Feb 22, 2008, 08:02:20 AM
A'ight, point of interest; those who say anime is trashy and sucks and all that, what comes to your mind when you think anime?

lol you dug yourself a hole dude. Look at crappy ass pokemon. That stuff is a joke. I tried watching dragon ball z once and all it was just clowny 4 year stuff. AVP needs to stay with real actors.

If they made an anime avp I would not even attempt to watch it or view the trailer.

Not only that anime avp would be a disgrace to the alien and predator creators. The series already looks bad enough.

Zeta Reticuli

Zeta Reticuli

oh please no... i dont wanna see catroon-aliens....

however, a dark, computer-animated short movie about AvP would be interesting.
maybe without humans in it. showing some nice fights....

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

I always thought a feature length anime movie based on the comic AvP: Eternal would be ace. It's already set in Japan after all.

The Predator has always been perfectly suited to anime - the creature itself already looks like something that could have been created by Japanese animation. I think anime would be the way o go if treated with care (but then again, we've been saying the same about the live-action film series for years).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Compared to the wimpy excuses of fights seen in the live action stuff and the crappy directors/writers being assigned to them, an anime would leave us with more freedom for more creative fights.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Predalien91 on Feb 22, 2008, 06:34:18 PM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 22, 2008, 08:02:20 AM
A'ight, point of interest; those who say anime is trashy and sucks and all that, what comes to your mind when you think anime?

lol you dug yourself a hole dude. Look at crappy ass pokemon. That stuff is a joke. I tried watching dragon ball z once and all it was just clowny 4 year stuff.

Not all Anime are like that (Like Hellsing and Cowboy Bebop). I hate when pepole say Anime look like cartoons for kids and they look so stupid. Anime is way better american cartoons in my opinion.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2008, 07:10:56 PM
Compared to the wimpy excuses of fights seen in the live action stuff and the crappy directors/writers being assigned to them, an anime would leave us with more freedom for more creative fights.

So true. There are so many new ideas that could be done with this. It doesn't even have to be an anime. Any well made AVP animation is a cool idea to me. The action scenes ideas could be amazing.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Predalien91 on Feb 22, 2008, 06:34:18 PM
lol you dug yourself a hole dude. Look at crappy ass pokemon. That stuff is a joke. I tried watching dragon ball z once and all it was just clowny 4 year stuff.
So in other words, you really don't know jack shit about animé and assume it's all kiddy crap. Bravo, you fail.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Also american cartoons have crappy artwork (IMO) and have stupid ideas (Like the show "My gym partner is a monkey", who idea was that?).

badass_badger

badass_badger

i think that there's two types of anime. One is the more serious, realistic anime that is very deep and has an amazing story, i.e. Jin Roh, Spirited Away

The other is that crap that japanese studios keep churning out that's either cutesy wootsy japanese school girl bullsh*t, or the same old group of 3 characters going around and figting demons or something, and theres always a character with a sarcastic attitude, spiky hair, and a big sword.

An AvP anime done in the serious tone would be awesome, imo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed