AvP Cartoon

Started by Darth_Spud, Sep 20, 2007, 12:40:54 PM

How would feel about an AVP anime being made?

Awesome!
12 (11.8%)
A good idea, provided it's done right.
36 (35.3%)
Not sure.
16 (15.7%)
Maybe not.
5 (4.9%)
NO!
33 (32.4%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author
AvP Cartoon (Read 12,889 times)

Necronomicon

Necronomicon

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Feb 22, 2008, 05:50:56 AM
Good God NO! Anime is horrible enough as it is!

I completely disagree with this comment. Anime, IMO, surpasses most if not all Hollywood productions in term of story and characterization not to mention the themes that are central to some of these series. But, different strokes for different folks. An AVP anime, done right by a good studio would be interesting.... but, it would have to be done correctly.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Feb 22, 2008, 05:50:56 AM
Good God NO! Anime is horrible enough as it is!

Lulz. Look at the footage from Batman: Gotham Knight and tell me modern American animation holds a candle.

Stalker

Stalker

No, no, & no. Anime is absolute trash in every sense of the word, & I wouldn't want either franchise to have anything to do with it.

SiL

SiL

A'ight, point of interest; those who say anime is trashy and sucks and all that, what comes to your mind when you think anime?

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I don't see how it's trash. Even in small references to Hollywood, Japanese animation is almost meticulously accurate to the source material when it wants to be. It is known for high quality footage today in comparison to previous animes that, as shown in the new Hokuto no Ken and Ghost In The Shell, can be very detailed. Anime can sport mystery creatures and loads of gore in an almost disturbing amount. Most of all, the seiyuus do a great job at voicing emotion (even if a major complaint is that they can get overzealous).

If I had to choose between the best that American animation can offer and the best that the Japanese could give, I'd love to have reasons why I would pick American animation.

Stalker

Stalker

The reason why I'm so against it is I resent the idea of animated AVP, period. I know that some anime styles are mature & gritty, but I still don't think that an Alien or Predator film done in this style would work. Sure it could be something entertaining, but in every other sense of the word, it would spit on the legacy of the original films.

SiL

SiL

I agree - I wouldn't want an animated AvP either. But anime isn't just Dragon Ball Z and Pokémon.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I wouldn't use DBZ as an example. Even in Dragon Ball, young Son Goku was kicking eyeballs out of grotesque creatures and flying through people. Early Cell would be a great example of what I want an animated Alien to be like- creepy, mysterious, intelligent, and violent. He's just compelled to destroy. If you look at the FUNi dub, then DBZ is just a show where people scream kiais and run the risk of a hernia. But Toriyama stepped into some dark corners towards the end.

marrerom

marrerom

god...an animated avp is the worst idea (in long sad history of bad ideas) ever.

Charles Xavier

Charles Xavier

Quote from: Stalker on Feb 22, 2008, 08:16:53 AM
The reason why I'm so against it is I resent the idea of animated AVP, period. I know that some anime styles are mature & gritty, but I still don't think that an Alien or Predator film done in this style would work. Sure it could be something entertaining, but in every other sense of the word, it would spit on the legacy of the original films.

Just curious to know, did you feel the same way with the Animatrix? I never imagined a Matrix anime would work, but as it turned out, it was quite impressive.  ;)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Stalker on Feb 22, 2008, 07:37:48 AM
No, no, & no. Anime is absolute trash in every sense of the word, & I wouldn't want either franchise to have anything to do with it.

You never did answer Sil's question, you just changed to "I don't want an anime AvP"

So why is anime "trash"?

Master

Master

Vampire hunter D, Evangelion, Afro samurai... Seriously there are lots of perfectly don`t anime films with great adult atmosphere and greatly done. Just open your eyes.

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: Charles Xavier on Feb 22, 2008, 08:35:11 AM
Just curious to know, did you feel the same way with the Animatrix? I never imagined a Matrix anime would work, but as it turned out, it was quite impressive.  ;)

I never watched Animatrix, & don't intend to. To be honest, I've never even seen the Matrix film sequels in the first place.

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Feb 22, 2008, 09:02:57 AM
You never did answer Sil's question, you just changed to "I don't want an anime AvP"

So why is anime "trash"?

To me, anime is just a horrible art style for the most part. Don't get me wrong, some of it is well done, but I don't think I have ever watched any anime or manga that I have had any real interest in. There's just some horrible level of cheesiness & absurdity that comes with the territory of Japanese animation...& for me, it has no place anywhere near the Alien or Predator franchises.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Stalker on Feb 22, 2008, 11:32:05 AM
To me, anime is just a horrible art style for the most part.
Anime isn't an art style at all.  No more than "American Animation" is an art style.

Fair cop if you don't care for it across the board.  I don't like much, but there are a couple of standouts that really are top-notch.  Y'get the right guys doing it, it'd be a better film than we've had so far.  (Not saying much, granted. ;) )

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

I personally dont like anime or manga, i never ever liked the cartoon "gundam wing" or anything like that, just it gets so anoying...the characters are shit and the way the cartoon goes its so slow....i prefer american animation anyday...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed