[SPOILERS] So Covenant confirms that AvP and AvPR are not canon films.

Started by bacchus, May 13, 2017, 11:29:48 PM

Author
[SPOILERS] So Covenant confirms that AvP and AvPR are not canon films. (Read 94,526 times)

SM

QuoteWell if David didn't have anything to do with the Derelict then he isn't the creator, no?

What?

If, for example, some Engineers encounter the Covenant, deactivate David, but the Aliens get on their ship and that ship ends up being the Derelict - David has had nothing to do with the Derelict and is still the creator.

Huggs

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 09, 2019, 07:11:55 AM
Well if David didn't have anything to do with the Derelict then he isn't the creator, no?

We do not yet officially know the age of the derelict. Without that, we cannot say who was first. It had enough energy left to still be broadcasting a warning. But as has been mentioned in other threads, the ship in Prometheus had kept an engineer safely in stasis for some 2000 years.

Until we have concrete answers, Ridley is free to say David had everything or nothing to do with the derelict.

Frosty Venom

You're kind of stretching it a bit there. It's still David's Xenomorphs that would have done this so it does link back to him.

I really hope it doesn't turn out to be something like this. The derelict was clearly meant to have ovomorphs in the hold for transportation before any infestation. (Until retconned)

The Old One

The Old One

Sorry to be a nuisance. But can I get some examples?

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 06:57:14 AM
"But if they were to contradict and separate Alien and AVP on film,
there are many other ways it could be done with no mention of anything relating to Charles or Michael."

Such as?

Huggs

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 09, 2019, 07:25:06 AM
You're kind of stretching it a bit there. It's still David's Xenomorphs that would have done this so it does link back to him.

If the derelict is older than david, then it's no stretch at all. We just don't know yet, as far as I'm aware.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 09, 2019, 07:23:48 AM
Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 09, 2019, 07:11:55 AM
Well if David didn't have anything to do with the Derelict then he isn't the creator, no?

We do not yet officially know the age of the derelict. Without that, we cannot say who was first. It had enough energy left to still be broadcasting a warning. But as has been mentioned in other threads, the ship in Prometheus had kept an engineer safely in stasis for some 2000 years.

Until we have concrete answers, Ridley is free to say David had everything or nothing to do with the derelict.

So until then we can't really say if David is or is not the sole creator of the Xenomorphs.

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 07:27:32 AM
Sorry to be a nuisance. But can I get some examples?

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 06:57:14 AM
"But if they were to contradict and separate Alien and AVP on film,
there are many other ways it could be done with no mention of anything relating to Charles or Michael."

Such as?

Well confirming David as the sole creator of the Xenomorph would be one way to do it. Which I hope they don't.

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 09, 2019, 07:27:32 AM
Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 09, 2019, 07:25:06 AM

If the derelict is older than david, then it's no stretch at all. We just don't know yet, as far as I'm aware.

I was saying it was stretch in response to SM's last post. I agree with you that it appears the derelict should be older than David.

SM

QuoteSo until then we can't really say if David is or is not the sole creator of the Xenomorphs.

No, that's not how it works.

The Old One

The Old One

You said "Many other ways"

Give me one that doesn't concern the Alien itself.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2019, 07:38:53 AM
QuoteSo until then we can't really say if David is or is not the sole creator of the Xenomorphs.

No, that's not how it works.

Ah I see. So when there's multiple fans who believe it is amibuous and think a third film is needed for some answers, that's not how it works because you disagree?

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 07:39:35 AM

An offhand comment about Weyland's bloodline or the history of the Corporation. I don't know why you're pressing me on this, it doesn't hold much relevance to the discussion at hand. Ad nauseam  ::)

yhe1

yhe1

We can't confirm when the derelict crashed, so we can't confirm if David is the only creator.

Simple as that

SiL

Quote from: yhe1 on Jan 09, 2019, 07:53:15 AM
We can't confirm when the derelict crashed, so we can't confirm if David is the only credator.

Simple as that
It's really not. Burden of proof would be on you to show it definitely crashed, with cargo, before David made the Aliens.

yhe1

Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2019, 07:55:35 AM
Quote from: yhe1 on Jan 09, 2019, 07:53:15 AM
We can't confirm when the derelict crashed, so we can't confirm if David is the only credator.

Simple as that
It's really not. Burden of proof would be on you to show it definitely crashed, with cargo, before David made the Aliens.

"Just because the derelict looks old doesn't mean it can't be young" vs "Just because we saw David create an xenomorph doesn't mean he is the only creator"

same arguments over and over again

SM

There is proof for the latter. Try making the comparison again when there is proof for the former.

Baron Von Marlon

In my made-up story for the sequel, David finds an old Engineer ship. Which would explain the state of the Derelict.

And David's the creator.
Why? It's what Covenant showed us and Ridley told us.
So unless we get an official movie that tells others, the Engineers didn't made it, David did.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 09, 2019, 07:52:42 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 07:39:35 AM

An offhand comment about Weyland's bloodline or the history of the Corporation. I don't know why you're pressing me on this, it doesn't hold much relevance to the discussion at hand. Ad nauseam  ::)

So... stuff that's already present in the films and the W-Y Report.
But you theory craft around anyway to deny their relevance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed