[SPOILERS] So Covenant confirms that AvP and AvPR are not canon films.

Started by bacchus, May 13, 2017, 11:29:48 PM

Author
[SPOILERS] So Covenant confirms that AvP and AvPR are not canon films. (Read 94,649 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Beyond the "Here Be Dragons", I  can't help but wonder what make an Aussiemorph worthy of its name, maybe more teeth or poison ???

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 05, 2019, 03:22:52 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 05, 2019, 02:13:22 AM
There was a ship with like hundreds of Predators there. Those aliens weren't going anywhere.

If they made it to Australia, they'd just fit right in with the rest of its lethal wildlife.

Even if they take over the continent, Sharks are waiting.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 04, 2019, 02:29:01 PM
According to my Google-Fu, Antarctica froze over 30 million years ago: long before modern humans walked the Earth.  I therefore can't help but wonder why the predators built a pyramid there complete with a sacrificial chamber meant for humans.
Aside from it being an isolated location that's meant to test the Predators, the movie is also one big retelling of 'At the Mountains of Madness', which is set in Antarctica.

SM

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 05, 2019, 02:03:49 AM
Indeed!  :o

https://i.imgur.com/tO3slRp.png?1

However, it is a safe place for a for a pyramid, safe from modern humans (that is why it is isolated). Then it is time to release the bait to attract a handful of unlucky humans. Also, if something goes wrong, the Alien infestation cannot leave the island. Think of an Anthrax Island. 🤔

Bouvetoya was a good location for the film.  Why they kept going on about it being in Antarctica, and showing bogus maps was a bit baffling.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Oct 05, 2019, 07:23:03 AM

However, it is a safe place for a for a pyramid, safe from modern humans (that is why it is isolated). Then it is time to release the bait to attract a handful of unlucky humans. Also, if something goes wrong, the Alien infestation cannot leave the island. Think of an Anthrax Island. 🤔

Bouvetoya was a good location for the film.  Why they kept going on about it being in Antarctica, and showing bogus maps was a bit baffling.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 05, 2019, 06:22:47 AM
the movie is also one big retelling of 'At the Mountains of Madness', which is set in Antarctica.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's not a retelling of AtMoM really. Any similarities stem from the movie adapting the comic which in turn took inspiration from discarded elements from early Alien scripts and so on. Same with Prometheus. There wasn't a direct intention to retell AtMoM

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SM on Oct 05, 2019, 07:23:03 AM

Never knew that. So Bouvetoya it is.

QuoteAlso, if something goes wrong, the Alien infestation cannot leave the island.

Might end up with a nasty Penguinmorph infestation though.  :-\

Xenomrph

Quote from: Omegamorph on Oct 05, 2019, 12:03:21 PM
It's not a retelling of AtMoM really. Any similarities stem from the movie adapting the comic which in turn took inspiration from discarded elements from early Alien scripts and so on. Same with Prometheus. There wasn't a direct intention to retell AtMoM
A team of researchers find a heretofore unknown ancient structure hidden in Antarctica, built by ancient extraterrestrials who used and controlled amorphous black creatures as slave labor who ultimately rebel and murder the shit out of them.

Like, if it wasn't deliberate then it is one hell of an uncanny coincidence.

And even if 'Prometheus' wasn't meant to be an overt adaptation of AtMoM, it was close enough that Guillermo del Toro's AtMoM project got scrapped because of it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 05, 2019, 03:51:45 AM
Beyond the "Here Be Dragons", I  can't help but wonder what make an Aussiemorph worthy of its name, maybe more teeth or poison ???

Just imagine an SMorph.

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 05, 2019, 09:09:31 PM

Just imagine an SMorph.

I imagine it would stalk you in order to continuously prove you wrong in very clear and succinct sentences.

Samhain13

Huggs

I'd be hiding somewhere, discussing how the assembly cut of Alien 3 was significantly better than the TC.

Then a voice from up in the vents would say, "No, it's not".

Once I calmed down, I'd have to go somewhere else.

Local Trouble

What if it turned out to be an egg-barfing praetorian?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 05, 2019, 10:59:06 PM
Quite.

That is the sound the SMorph makes before attacking its prey.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 05, 2019, 10:47:09 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 05, 2019, 09:09:31 PM

Just imagine an SMorph.

I imagine it would stalk you in order to continuously prove you wrong in very clear and succinct sentences.

Yet voluntarily dissapear out the airlock just as quickly if it realizes you're right.

Huggs

I respect it too much to let it escape.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed