Your level of excitement for Alien Covenant...

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Nov 19, 2016, 03:48:28 PM

So how excited are you??

Super high in the Sky.
24 (55.8%)
Grounded... Play it safe.
17 (39.5%)
Non Existent.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author
Your level of excitement for Alien Covenant... (Read 4,942 times)

Infected

Im hyped but its being surrpressed by my fear of it becomming another Promtheus experience.
Ive been thinking, that the road he is on now with Aliens and engineers is very non-industrial and industrial is what made the first interessting and scary, you just dont land easily on a rock you just dont go outside in slim fit spacesuits.
I think if you mix a movie like the Martian and or Interestellar (when they are on the planet with the huge wave or when they find Matt Damon type planet) if you insert there a space jockey or crashed derelict, then you are right back at an awesome sight and experience, hell even if you would have put in a monolith, your mind will go nuts, a harsh enviroment with something undefined and not shaped in any sci fi way we know.
I think that is the key to creating questions and destroying our vision of sci fi by inserting these simple things with other simple things and how do those simple things become so much more advanced then our wired electrical computer stuff,
its like when you have that old pan and you start rubbing it creates sound and the water starts splashing out,
that is alchemist tech and i always saw those jockey as that kind of tech and ours is just inferior and so primitive.
Anyway i know the movie would be a good movie, but will it feed my needs, no i dont think so, i think they will focus to much on Fassbender.

Necronomicon II

Make Alien movies great again! :D

Ingwar

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 21, 2016, 12:02:43 PM
AVP:R had the Alien in it.
Prometheus, without Alien in it, is still million times better that AVP:R.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Oh, absolutely. Just pointing out that putting the Alien in Covenant won't automatically "ensure that it is better than Prometheus".

windebieste

'PROMETHEUS' is uneven and flawed but it's not a bad movie by a long shot. 

'AvP-R' on the other hand, is a text book example of a bad movie.  Anyone interested in movies - and especially anyone wanting to make movies - should watch 'ALIENS Vs PREDATOR - Requiem'.  Not because it's any good; but rather its value lies where it is all things bad about movie making and what should be avoided.  If you're making a movie and it resembles 'AvP-R' in any way, you'd be wise to rethink your decisions.  lol.

As for 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  Yeah.  I have some trepidation about the movie; but overall I'm expecting something more grounded and consistent than 'PROMETHEUS'. 

-Windebieste.

Infected

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 21, 2016, 10:02:21 PM
Oh, absolutely. Just pointing out that putting the Alien in Covenant won't automatically "ensure that it is better than Prometheus".
i was thinking, what if Ridley is so good and making Covenant such a good movie, that he wont deny Prometheus but will make Prometheus a logical event that leads towards the Covenant movie and thus leaving some sort of respect for that movie,
although it didnt deliver maybe Ridley can make it so that Prometheus will be the minor movie but not the movie that shouldnt have happend, if he can pull even that off then he is truly a master.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 21, 2016, 10:04:18 PM
'AvP-R' on the other hand, is a text book example of a bad movie.  Anyone interested in movies - and especially anyone wanting to make movies - should watch 'ALIENS Vs PREDATOR - Requiem'.  Not because it's any good; but rather its value lies where it is all things bad about movie making and what should be avoided.  If you're making a movie and it resembles 'AvP-R' in any way, you'd be wise to rethink your decisions.  lol.

And be sure to listen to your camera crew when they warn you that things are too dark instead of telling them to shut up.  :laugh:

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 21, 2016, 10:02:21 PM
Oh good god man are you actually comparing Sir Ridley Scott to the Strauss Brothers? I mean I seriously didn't think I needed to expanded on my simple interpretation of the situation between two specific movies. I'm also extrapolating off of fact that you said the engineers script with xeno fodder included would have been a better movie that Prometheus. Henceforth this "is" going to be a better movie.

You also know what else had the Alien in it and isn't as good a movie as Prometheus. Alien Resurrection. :P

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Nov 21, 2016, 11:26:45 PM

And be sure to listen to your camera crew when they warn you that things are too dark instead of telling them to shut up.  :laugh:
Actually that happened in post production. In the theater the movie wasn't that dark.

The Alien Predator

Oh, it did? Still listen to them though!  :laugh:

NickisSmart

'PROMETHEUS' is uneven and flawed but it's not a bad movie by a long shot. 

As for 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  Yeah.  I have some trepidation about the movie; but overall I'm expecting something more grounded and consistent than 'PROMETHEUS'. 

-Windebieste.

Well said. I always found myself agreeing with you, Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 21, 2016, 11:32:17 PM
Actually that happened in post production. In the theater the movie wasn't that dark.

While the really bad grading was post, there's this: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55644.0

:P

PsyKore

Do you think that it is so offensively bad that it could actually be considered art? :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 21, 2016, 11:32:17 PMOh good god man are you actually comparing Sir Ridley Scott to the Strauss Brothers?

I never said anything of the sort.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 21, 2016, 11:32:17 PMI'm also extrapolating off of fact that you said the engineers script with xeno fodder included would have been a better movie that Prometheus.

Actually I've complained plenty of times that I don't really like how the Alien is handled in that script. It's by far it's weakest aspect. I think it would've made a better movie simply because the script actually made sense and wasn't full of complete morons, unlike the one they finally went with.

But that's neither here nor there. I was simply pointing out that statements like this:

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 21, 2016, 11:32:17 PMHenceforth this "is" going to be a better movie.

...are pretty bold considering no one here has actually seen the movie, and considering history has shown us simply putting the Alien in a film is no guarantee whatsoever it will be good.

I hope it is better. But after the last disappointment I'm not going to expect it to be in advance.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

So bad that it will end up in the Smithsonian as a testament to bad film making? Probably.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 22, 2016, 08:40:28 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 21, 2016, 11:32:17 PM

While the really bad grading was post, there's this: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55644.0

:P
heh tried to warn them huh.  ;D

edit: wow hicks after seeing the b-roll I just realized that I had no idea what the aliens actually looked like in avp-r. It was just shadows all of these years.  ???

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 22, 2016, 08:58:15 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 21, 2016, 11:32:17 PMHenceforth this "is" going to be a better movie.

...are pretty bold considering no one here has actually seen the movie, and considering history has shown us simply putting the Alien in a film is no guarantee whatsoever it will be good.

I hope it is better. But after the last disappointment I'm not going to expect it to be in advance.
Well we've got nine months left till judgement day and "hope" doesn't buy jack shit either now does it. That's no different than me saying it "is" going to be better. Hope is just a lack of commitment towards everyone who busts their rears on making these movies. Yea I'm just judging it off the little tidbits I've seen and it's no where near junk like some other movies have been. Of course it could end up not being good but I'm riding the positive rail into this movie. We should help build confidence going forward.

Plus I was just poking at you because I love Prometheus. Every time I watch it; it just keeps getting better. :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 22, 2016, 09:08:14 AMYea I'm just judging it off the little tidbits I've seen...

Prometheus looked superb in it's trailers. The film itself didn't even nearly live up to them.

Fair enough if you want to be excited for the new film. But I'm not getting my hopes up after the last time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed