The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 15, 2016, 08:09:54 PM

Author
The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title? (Read 37,411 times)

overthere

Wouldn't it be better if this thread was merged to the sticky one, instead of the other way around?

Corporal Hicks

Nah. This is fine. We're not sure if it relates at all yet.

jimmyboy

Please oh please let it be R rated

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 420Buddy on Feb 15, 2016, 08:38:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2016, 08:23:35 PM
Quote from: 420Buddy on Feb 15, 2016, 08:18:44 PM
Thats a pic of the classic pred from Predators right?

Correct. Just trying to find the original for you.

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/sfx/2010/05/280510SFX197cover1.jpg

I've let you down. I don't seem to have this one saved.

No worries lol! Thanks! Strange they would use promotional material from Predators, does anyone know if they will have a connection to eachother?

Here we go. Got a better one thanks to Ciaran Acton at the Weyland-Yutani Bulletin.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: jimmyboy on Feb 16, 2016, 01:05:53 PMPlease oh please let it be R rated

With Black in charge I iamgine it will be. R-rated movies are firmly his territory (The Monster Squad and Iron Man 3 notwithstanding, although even then the former of those is pretty extreme for a kids' film).

Whiskeybrewer

This is very intriguing. Interesting that they've released this poster before production has started

walker31

What I find interesting is that Shane Black directed Ironman 3, where in the trailer the Mandarian states "You'll never see me coming", and now he re-uses this line for his Predator movie.  Curious.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 16, 2016, 02:07:01 PM
This is very intriguing. Interesting that they've released this poster before production has started

I'm not convinced it is an actual poster or anything. Just the Predator page doing what it normally does.

Novak 1334

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2016, 02:35:17 PM

I'm not convinced it is an actual poster or anything. Just the Predator page doing what it normally does.

I agree, it seems a little too 'polished' if that makes sense

swarm87

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 15, 2016, 08:14:10 PM
Hmm... Not the most inventive of titles!

they did just slap a "S" on the end of Alien for a sequel.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: swarm87 on Feb 16, 2016, 02:51:58 PMthey did just slap a "S" on the end of Alien for a sequel.

But that was pretty clever. It told you it was a sequel and referenced the fact there was now more than one of the titular creatures.

Back then sequels just stuck numbers on the end.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Feb 16, 2016, 02:48:22 PM

True true

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Feb 16, 2016, 02:48:22 PM

I think I'd call it the opposite. It's just a promo from Predators with some text slapped on it. Not poster dimensions. No clarification of intent. Just a quote from the first film.

hfeldhaus

Looks fan made. The 'you will never see him coming' phrase is a nod to the Mandarin from Iron Man 3.

THE CITY HUNTER

Lets see if any more news come out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed