Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 629,336 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Probably, although Riddlez' unhealthy obsession with mullets also seem to stem from this film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh, Chappie wasn't that bad! It's got a charm to it - that you'll only really like if you actually like Die Antwoord. I love 'em so I loved the film. Silliest thing in it for me was consciousness fitting on a 30mb (or whatever it was, but it was small) memory card.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 29, 2021, 03:56:23 PM
Although Aspie was kinda Cvalda's pet Troll

As this old image attests:

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 29, 2021, 08:43:39 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 29, 2021, 03:56:23 PM
Although Aspie was kinda Cvalda's pet Troll

As this old image attests:

Mmmmm the nostalgia.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 29, 2021, 08:18:56 PM
Probably, although Riddlez' unhealthy obsession with mullets also seem to stem from this film.

I bet he was envisioning that hairstyle for Michael Fassbender in the third prequel.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 29, 2021, 08:35:31 PM
Oh, Chappie wasn't that bad! It's got a charm to it - that you'll only really like if you actually like Die Antwoord. I love 'em so I loved the film. Silliest thing in it for me was consciousness fitting on a 30mb (or whatever it was, but it was small) memory card.

Not bad, not good, just awful.

And I liked Die Antwoord lots...

But I honestly have difficulty separating the artist from the art on that one.

Kradan

Kradan

Literally anybody: Well, I don't think it was all that bad ...

BlueMarsalis79: Shut up, it's bad

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

She's usually right though.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 29, 2021, 09:24:24 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/2595361163f8aeba89766adf049ec541.png

Also after thinking on it the last couple pages, I wonder why UV never made an effort to instead transition to Discord instead of just vanishing off the face of the earth, since I can see how forums generally struggle to survive these days especially when they're younger due to rise of social media and other platforms like Discord.

Albeit I never got that into Discord until after the fact but it does seems like a better fit than that of forum considering the kind of community UV was.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

That's exactly what they did though?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I wouldn't know though.

I was never able to find anything on Discord and was never invited or in the know so I can only assume otherwise.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Correct. Invite only. And with the suddenness of the site shutdown, a fair few people fell by the wayside.

But between me being a total cabbage and not being able to figure out how to fully mute notifications for it, and the breakneck pace of the thing - while mainly having discord as a means to talk to one very specific person - I bowed out after a month or so.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Well that's... a sad realization.

Don't get me wrong, I'll certainly live just fine with all that I have now, people and all, since I didn't exactly sit idly by all this time, I grew.

It's just sad that while at that time I would of cherished to be able to at the least talk to some of them one last time to at the least say a proper farewell (assuming everyone did go their different ways as I had always believed)... only for those feelings to perhaps not be mutual if what you say is true.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's a shitty feeling eh?

When realising someone meant more to you than them.

Not to be dramatic lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed