Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 629,777 times)

System Apollo

System Apollo

Don't you work as a correctional officer, Hicks?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 29, 2015, 01:38:26 PM

IT support in a prison.

I'm not worried. I find it amusing more than anything. Worried for her though.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2015, 03:17:20 PM
Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 29, 2015, 01:38:26 PM

IT support in a prison.

I'm not worried. I find it amusing more than anything. Worried for her though.
Yeah, I could imagine. From what you've said he sound a bit unstable. .. But also highly idiotic.. Is he one of the two or both?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just one of those possessive nobheads. Sounds like a real tool.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

I am aware the conversation has deviated a bit in topic, but I found this the other day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT6iogcIrOs

Randomizer

Randomizer

Wow, would you look at that? Now if I could actually use this as a grill...

http://i.imgur.com/igXFmdu.gifv

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 29, 2015, 01:24:37 PM
You need to be careful. He could find out where you live.

And yeah just don't watch any of the new episodes. They have completely different voice actors.

Are you planning on getting Pokemon Go?

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, the trailer looked fantastic and I wish it did look like that. Potentially it could be huge if they do it right.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 01, 2015, 03:18:50 PM
Yeah, the trailer looked fantastic and I wish it did look like that. Potentially it could be huge if they do it right.
That's always been something I've hated about Pokemon; fairly big budget trailers that showcase very little gameplay. It takes it a bit further when you're a couple weeks into the game and notice that nothing has really changed much from a few extra perks and a new interface. I really hope they remove that EV/IV garbage and do a complete overhaul on their battle mechanics to compliment the new direction but obviously it's just wishful thinking.

Darkness

Darkness

Well, the Pokemon RPGs have always remained pretty much the same over the last 20 years with just slightly updated graphics. I don't mind that really. They still sell incredibly well but with each generation, it sort of leaves me a little disappointed  But I think that's more to do with me growing out of it and the new creatures just aren't as memorable as the original generation. Haven't played the newish ones on the 3DS though. I wish they'd develop a full 3D RPG on the consoles in a similar vein to Ni Nu Kuni on the PS3. That games proved that a console RPG can work like Pokemon.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 01, 2015, 06:15:14 PM
Well, the Pokemon RPGs have always remained pretty much the same over the last 20 years with just slightly updated graphics. I don't mind that really. They still sell incredibly well but with each generation, it sort of leaves me a little disappointed  But I think that's more to do with me growing out of it and the new creatures just aren't as memorable as the original generation. Haven't played the newish ones on the 3DS though. I wish they'd develop a full 3D RPG on the consoles in a similar vein to Ni Nu Kuni on the PS3. That games proved that a console RPG can work like Pokemon.
The stagnace is due to the director, Junichi Masuda; interpreting the game as a sport. And much like a sport things have to stay in tradition.

I think that he's a swell guy and all but he segregates his fans. In interviews, when someone brings up a genuine complaint in regards to an aspect of the Pokemon games; he would scoff at them and tell them, "well it's a game for children." When I heard that I sold my copy of Alpha Sapphire shortly after.

There was an interview in Italy where the interviewer asked why the games were easy and why there was a lack of content and Masuda responds that it is intended for a more casual audience who don't have the time to play the game. Which was aggravating how he gravely misunderstood that the amount of content was the cause for this. I mean, did it not phase him that such a complaint was stemmed from the game's repetitive mechanics such as breeding which requires more dedication than a flipping relationship.

They do sell incredibly well, but that doesn't mean that their decline will come gradually.  All it takes is one generation for things to head south. Black and White was almost on that verge, hence why such the dramatic change with X and Y.

Ni Nu Kuni is an excellent concept for Pokemon, Darkness! That is definitely what a Pokemon game should look like!

Darkness

Darkness

They sorta are aimed at children. The mechanics are so simple and accessible that anybody can get into the games. The reason we're still playing them is because we grew up with them.

I agree with the easy factor though. I recently played a rom hack of Fire Red where they'd made all the levels much higher than what they usually are. It was hard. I don't think I'd ever do it again but it's worth looking at rom hacks if you play the older games. They make the games a lot better like getting rid of HMs or trade evolutions.

You don't have to use breeding. It was fun when they first introduced it Gold/Silver but I never used it after that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't think I'd say they lacked content. I purposefully got the White because I wanted a game I wouldn't complete in 5 hours. That said, I haven't played it in ages - mostly because I haven't really had the time to fit in a long game at the minute - but I did finish the main story.

I'm really looking forward to Go though. I know it wont look anywhere as near as awesome as the trailers but I enjoy the notion. I saw a meme yesterday that was all about Nintendo trying to get kids to go outside and I actually really like the idea of going exploring to try and find some Pokemon.

Darkness

Darkness

No, there's never any shortage of content if a Pokemon game. They always take me 30-40 hours minimum game time.

Don't you just wish Pokemon was real and that we lived in that universe?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 02, 2015, 08:06:25 AM
Don't you just wish Pokemon was real and that we lived in that universe?

Totally. That said...if it was like those "real" Pokemon videos then no...no I don't. xD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed