AvPR
132 (16.9%)
Predators (Added 2/12/11)
20 (2.6%)
The Predator (Added 27/07/20)
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 727

Author
Favorite Predator Design (Read 168,761 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: QUAGMIRE83 on Apr 22, 2010, 02:04:08 PM
wolf is everything a predator should be and look like. ok maybe his mandables were a bit too big.
Soooo Predators should look like Bobblehead Octopuses? Now this is new to me :P

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Hey, that's only when he's unmasked in the movie. Poor indeed. But overall design (aside from '''''cool''''' weapons like the power glove or whip) is good. He's okay. Can't compete with any from the predator movies, but he looks better than avp ones. Aside the mask. Celtic's mask is much better.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

His mask is the only part I like about him. Pussyface-ish, which is win IMHO. Too bad the rest is fail... :P
Yup, Celtic's Mask is one of the best masks out there (my favourite actually!).

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Wut??? :o What is fail in it? It looks normal, his body is lean, not fluffy like those in avp. And mostly he resembles original preds. Don't say it's a failure just because he's in a retarded movie :-\ Okay, complexion is a bit different, but PF's complexion differs from AT's, no problem. they are not droids.

Oh, I prefer Anyitime's mask. Though Celtic's mask is something that is simply irresistable. If only I had to watch avp for that, I'd  do it. Shame other parts are not that cool.

And yeah, Wolf's mask is like Pf. Not the best out there imo. I mean it's okay, but it's lower part could have been done better. Overall good :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

AvP's bodies were "Fluffy" (why that term reminds me of This? ???) because there was plenty of more armor. (Which I think was some kind of Heat -Keeper, 'cuz Predators seem to like hot places)
Why is Wolf Fail?
I'll let a single image do the dirty work:

But oh well... He managed to origin the man himself, the legend! The almighty Wolfctopus:

Puks

Puks

Quotehttp://i44.tinypic.com/ou7eqd.jpg

Dude, epic lulz!  :D :D :D

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 09, 2010, 12:26:14 PM
AvP's bodies were "Fluffy" (why that term reminds me of This? ???) because there was plenty of more armor. (Which I think was some kind of Heat -Keeper, 'cuz Predators seem to like hot places)
Why is Wolf Fail?
I'll let a single image do the dirty work:
http://i44.tinypic.com/72q9sp.jpg
But oh well... He managed to origin the man himself, the legend! The almighty Wolfctopus:
http://i44.tinypic.com/ou7eqd.jpg

Buddy, I said the face is  just sh*tty, indeed. i agree on that, but like this it's okay:

(haha, the pc is positioned like he's about to shoot himself... kind of fitting to his level of intelligence :D)

Overall fine :)
But preds were pumped without armor as well:

Also too bulky. It's kind of too easy to recognize they aren't real :-\ Don't make me start this.
Oh, i think for the heating net is used. As I recall in avp it's on their whole body, unlike in former movies.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Anytime (Predator)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Puks on May 09, 2010, 12:34:27 PM
Quotehttp://i44.tinypic.com/ou7eqd.jpg

Dude, epic lulz!  :D :D :D

O why thanks you!  :)

Quote from: 08yeyinde on May 09, 2010, 12:39:42 PM
haha, the pc is positioned like he's about to shoot himself...
God, I so hope he does so!

Quote from: 08yeyinde on May 09, 2010, 12:39:42 PM

Also too bulky. It's kind of too easy to recognize they aren't real :-\ Don't make me start this.
Oh, i think for the heating net is used. As I recall in avp it's on their whole body, unlike in former movies.
Maybe they were more muscular because they performed special trainings to fight aliens, but I don't see that bulk on them really, and simply they do not bother me.
And may I add... Predator fans now will try to shred me - Wolf looks moar fake than Scar, enough said.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteMaybe they were more muscular because they performed special trainings to fight aliens, but I don't see that bulk on them really, and simply they do not bother me.
And may I add... Predator fans now will try to shred me - Wolf looks moar fake than Scar, enough said.

Hmm, it seems we disagree on this. I see them really bulky and fake, less then Wolf, but I guess it's a matter of taste :) But okay, it doesn't matter. Both design kneel before the almighty Anytime :D
But how would anyone try to shred you? Nobody dare to insult followers of PF ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

AvP Predators--->Less fake than--->Wolf Predator
That's why. Scar's wide expression "sheet" is his pro and his contro at the same time (see the OMG shot) but it makes him more realistic IMHO than Wolf. (But nobody can top, say, Anytime's angry face or Pussyface's)

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

That 'omg' look on scar's face looks really fake for me, but Wolf's face is just as bad as Scar's, so it doesn't matter.
But the whole design of the preds in avp looks like they were a combination of the michelin guy and a predator in too shiny, oversized weaponary. Fake and looks bad.There are some good aspects of it, yes, and the shuriken, Celtic's mask and their spears look good I think. But that's all :-\

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

I think the best mask by a long way is Celtics. Wolfs mask was pretty cool aswell, though.

Splinter

Splinter

P1, P2, and AvP requiem are all awesome but i'd have to say the first one. I love how it looked insectoid and reptilian at the same time. The first one also looked the meanest of all of them...it looked so evil when it looked at you. Speaking of which, i like how Anytime's eyes are cat like compared to the human like eyes of Pussyface. Another reason which makes P1 pred seem both more alien like and evil.

But that's just me. XP

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

But that's just me. XP

No, not just you ;)

Though I saw his eyes rather reptilian. And those black freckles and spots, hair, really strong, and still in contradiction with the pale yellow skin. The slickery look and few  drops on the mandibles, as well as the lean yet strong body, and the whole of the creature is making up an atmosphere that can hardly overcome. Maybe it cannot be. It's unbelievable design, totally amazing. The whole creature is just awesome and mysterious. And yes, it looks evil (though I doubt in fact it is).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed