Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 93,349 times)

Thunderjack88

Not sure if I'm happy that they feel the need to reboot, I was happy with Predators direction.

I'm sure it will be a great film that I'll love but sounds like a step back to me.
-Lumberjack1988

Spoonman101

Hey guys just to remind you all, this news has barely hit 72 hours of being on here. We don't know whether it will be a reboot or not so try to relish that at least it's in production.

lordnicho1

Spidey3121

I don't know if it came from elsewhere, or if it popped into my mind on it's own, but I always though a WW1 era Predator would be very interesting. Trench warfare. 2 opposing sides have to come together to take out an otherworldly foe. Given that won't happen however, outer space is the way to go. But further into outer space than Predators went. I want my alien landscapes to look more alien. Unless i'm watching Stargate, in which case I wholly expect it to look like Vancouver & nearby areas.

Spoonman101

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jun 25, 2014, 05:59:25 PM
I don't know if it came from elsewhere, or if it popped into my mind on it's own, but I always though a WW1 era Predator would be very interesting. Trench warfare. 2 opposing sides have to come together to take out an otherworldly foe. Given that won't happen however, outer space is the way to go. But further into outer space than Predators went. I want my alien landscapes to look more alien. Unless i'm watching Stargate, in which case I wholly expect it to look like Vancouver & nearby areas.

My hometown Vancouver :D

Wouldn't trench warfare be a bit much for a Predator? They were constantly battling when soldiers hit the trenches, how could a Predator hunt in that mess.

hfeldhaus

i like that idea.

i'd like to see it have a sociological angle to it but not too oppressive. i think Afghanistan would be pretty great to use but i think a past setting like WW1 or WW2 would be equally good. different view points of the predator would be good. two sides fighting each other only to be confronted with another enemy that question their reasons to fight. i'd love it to be a PG-13 to piss off Hubbs and his post modernist ways

Nightmare Asylum

And the kid was a Predator the whole time.

Magegg

I'd like to see the Predator's native planet in the next movie(s).

KirklandSignature

I hope it's not a reboot...I want to see more of Royce and the badass soldier chick...Are they seriously just going to ditch them on the planet without a follow-up movie?

Magegg

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Jun 25, 2014, 06:51:02 PM
I hope it's not a reboot...I want to see more of Royce and the badass soldier chick...Are they seriously just going to ditch them on the planet without a follow-up movie?
Meh. Predators was fine. But not worthy of a sequel.

KirklandSignature

I really liked the direction Predators went in.This is weird and I don't know why so many people are for it when Predators was a financial success and scored high on RT.

RIP ROYCE AND ISABELLE, WE WILL NEVER KNOW THEIR FATE.

Aspie

Concrete Jungle adaptation or GTFO Shane

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Jun 25, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

To be fair, none of the other characters from the first two were ever followed up on either. :P

I have nothing against Predators, it's a sold film, but in hindsight there is just so much more that it could have been.

Thunderjack88

I don't know if it came from elsewhere, or if it popped into my mind on it's own, but I always though a WW1 era Predator would be very interesting. Trench warfare. 2 opposing sides have to come together to take out an otherworldly foe.
Isn't there a comic where a Predator stalks both sides during the war? I think in the third omnibus.
-Lumberjack1988

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 25, 2014, 07:03:35 PMTo be fair, none of the other characters from the first two were ever followed up on either. :P
Anna almost was, but her scenes were cut from Predator 2. She appears on a monitor for about a second, but that's it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed