Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 89,967 times)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-rebooting-predator-shane-black-714598

Quote"Black will write the treatment for the project, then will hand over scripting duties to Fred Dekker, his university chum with whom he wrote 1987's Monster Squad. Black will oversee the writing and is also attached to direct."

OpenMaw

*Stammering mouth flappery* I-I-I-I HMMM...

I don't know. That could be interesting.

Personally i'd rather they just get Arnie to play Old Dutch and make another sequel without this reboot nonsense. If Arnold ould actually be down for that.

Shasvre

If Shane Black is writing and directing, I will be more than happy to watch this. :)

ShadowPred

This is the best damn news anyone here could have heard about a reboot of this movie. If this info is legit, then god damn yes f**king make it now!

Darkness

Never expected this news at all.

Exciting stuff that they're doing a new Predator movie though.

Nightmare Asylum

I love Shane Black's style. If this winds up being true, consider me very excited!

Shasvre

Original source is The Hollywood Reporter, it seems, and they're usually legit. :)

ShadowPred

Hawkins taking the f**king reigns, biatches!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Castiel on Jun 24, 2014, 07:56:07 PM
Original source is The Hollywood Reporter, it seems, and they're usually legit. :)

Nice!

Say what you will about Iron Man 3 (the film definitely had some problems) but I really appreciate that it went against the grain and did things that really separated it from the onslaught of superhero films that we see every year. Combine that with the franchise returning to the hands of someone that was involved (admittedly in a very different way) in the original and you certainly have my interest piqued.

Dethstorm

Dethstorm

Ugh. After the POS that was Iron Man 3, I don't have high hopes for this. Especially if Black is writing the script.

I've been re-watching Predator and Predators all weekend so seeing this news pop up just blew my mind. I hope they do keep some concepts from Predators.

Shasvre

Bring Robert Downey Jr. in on this and we have a winner. 8)

Xenomorphine

Best thing he's ever done is 'The Long Kiss Goodnight', but he's also done some stuff which isn't so good. A lot depends on what's meant by 'reboot', these days.

We'll see...

Cvalda

Something tells me this is too good to be true, and Fox will end up firing him and have some yes-men do a rewrite and then farm the directing job out to some producer's flunky. I hope I'm wrong.

Lemonade

Lemonade

Wow. I love news that is so damn exciting that I have to call my dad.

This is to the Predator franchise as Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel announcement was to the Alien franchise. We're going to get the biggest, baddest Predator movie yet! The Terminator 2 of the Predator franchise. The budget for this thing will be huge.

Hahahaha oh man I am jumping for joy. The f**king Iron Man 3 director. But why is handing over writing duties to... Fred Dekker??

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed