Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 92,855 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Is her cut scene available anywhere? I've admittedly never seen it.

Random question, but does anyone have any suit performers in mind that they'd like to see play the Predator(s) this time? I know that some people felt that the Preds in Predators were a bit too stiff and without distinct personalities.

Spoonman101

This is why this shouldn't be filmed in a city...

@Predator 2
QuoteThe filming of the alley scene was very troublesome for the filmmakers due to it being filmed in a very rough neighborhood. The alley was littered with garbage, most of which was used in the film, and plagued with large rats. Local residents angered by the noise created by the film crew would throw bottles and paper bags filled with feces from windows at the crew in the alley below. Worst of all, the film crew found a dead body hidden amongst the garbage.

Magegg

Next movie will be set in China, I know what I'm saying ;)

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 25, 2014, 07:27:00 PM

@Predator 2
QuoteThe filming of the alley scene was very troublesome for the filmmakers due to it being filmed in a very rough neighborhood. The alley was littered with garbage, most of which was used in the film, and plagued with large rats. Local residents angered by the noise created by the film crew would throw bottles and paper bags filled with feces from windows at the crew in the alley below. Worst of all, the film crew found a dead body hidden amongst the garbage.

That just means they saved a lot of money on set dressing plus it's mega realistic.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 25, 2014, 07:27:00 PM

@Predator 2

They can always film city scenes somewhere nicer. Like Mogadishu.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 25, 2014, 07:19:38 PMIs her cut scene available anywhere? I've admittedly never seen it.
Not as far as I know. I've never seen it either, but it's confirmed to exist.

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 25, 2014, 07:27:00 PMThis is why this shouldn't be filmed in a city...
That has literally nothing to do with the end product.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 25, 2014, 07:19:38 PM
Random question, but does anyone have any suit performers in mind that they'd like to see play the Predator(s) this time? I know that some people felt that the Preds in Predators were a bit too stiff and without distinct personalities.

I'd love to see Ron Perlman do some work in a suit if he were still up for it.  Brian Steele would be great. I forget his name, but the guy who worked on AvP:R did a fine job as Wolf.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 25, 2014, 08:05:06 PM
I forget his name, but the guy who worked on AvP:R did a fine job as Wolf.

Ian Whyte. When I met him at Monstermania 2007 when he came to my hometown, he had personally told me that he had watched the first two Predator movies to help him better emulate Kevin Peter Hall.

Tangakkai

I'm a bit confused. Is this going to  be a film rebooting the franchise with a sequel to the original Predator or is this an actual reboot, meaning it's going to be a remake of Predator 1 or considering itself the first movie in it's own universe?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 25, 2014, 08:24:18 PM
or considering itself the first movie in it's own universe

I think that's the definition of a true reboot

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 25, 2014, 08:24:18 PM
I'm a bit confused. Is this going to  be a film rebooting the franchise with a sequel to the original Predator or is this an actual reboot, meaning it's going to be a remake of Predator 1 or considering itself the first movie in it's own universe?

I personally am hoping that it's a reboot, rather than a sequel to the original movie. Right now though, to be fair.. It could go either way at this point.

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 25, 2014, 07:19:38 PM
Is her cut scene available anywhere? I've admittedly never seen it.

The bloke from Iceland who portrayed the Mountain in GOT could be potentially intimidating as a Predator :P

Predalien91

Not to crazy bout this idea. Its gonna be RoboCop 2014 all over again. Predators while it was not a hit it was decent and opened the door for the series big time. This movie will likely be a less cool version of Predator 1987 starring the the Rock likely. The original had a lot going for it because it was a innovative movie that was different for its time. This one will be a complete rehash everyone will forget. This movies got some big shoes to fill.

SM

Everybody's a Timelord.

Magegg

What if the movie is about a couple that finds an orphan Predator left in Earth, and they have to learn about the Yautja culture of the Predator or whatever they're called? Could be interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed