Chestburster kills all your organs?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 10, 2014, 11:07:28 AM

Author
Chestburster kills all your organs? (Read 2,487 times)

LastSurvivor92

I felt like that point in the story was lame in Colonial Marines and in no way shape or form is connected or canon to the series. Kind of removes all of the tension of the chestburster. Its explained that if your able to remove the gestating lifeform from the host before the monster bursts through your rib cage you'll survive. In Alien 3 Bishop states that they still have time to remove the chestburster out of Ripley and the doctor stated that it would only be a couple of incisions and only take 2 hours. In Alien Resurrection Ripley survives perfectly fine after the surgery and Purvis nor any other characters who had a chestburster inside them didn't have their organs shutting down and everything. I just thought they should of stuck with the films storyline and not go adrift with a bazillion other ideas.

The Necronoir

I'm not so concerned by this. The WY party in Alien 3 is hardly a reliable source of information, as they were clearly going to feed Ripley any line they could in order to get their hands on a specimen. As for Alien Resurrection, Number 08 has blended DNA anyway, so the usual physiological factors aren't going to play out.

In fact, the idea of the chestburster screwing with the host's immunity and physiology accords with the 'viral embryo' fan theory that has done the rounds for years now, ie that the facehugger doesn't deposit a physical embryo, but instead provides the catalyst for some form of microbial/viral which essentially forces the host body to form the embryo from its own tissue. Progressive organ failure would be a plausible side-effect for this kind of 'malignancy' (a term which the WY party actually uses in the Special Edition of Alien 3).

PRI. HUDSON

Nothing in ACM is real. It was just a dream.

The Runner

And a bad one at that.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: The Runner on Apr 10, 2014, 03:39:43 PM
And a bad one at that.

I would roll over and die if a dev made a follow up game to ACM, with ACM being a dream. I'd LOVE it.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 10, 2014, 01:41:54 PM
Nothing in ACM is real. It was just a dream.

Agreed!  ;D

Bounds34

So your telling me ACM and Resurrection wasn't some weird alcohol induced nightmare I had?  That was real? "We're in some real pretty shit now man! "

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Bounds34 on Apr 11, 2014, 11:21:07 PM
So your telling me ACM and Resurrection wasn't some weird alcohol induced nightmare I had?  That was real? "We're in some real pretty shit now man! "

Yes on ACM NOT Resurrection. I adore Resurrection and respect it as much as the other 3 films in the franchise. Its no where near a dream and canon as can be. I love it. Its an awesome and underrated film.

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: Purvis on Apr 10, 2014, 11:07:28 AM
I felt like that point in the story was lame in Colonial Marines and in no way shape or form is connected or canon to the series. Kind of removes all of the tension of the chestburster. Its explained that if your able to remove the gestating lifeform from the host before the monster bursts through your rib cage you'll survive. In Alien 3 Bishop states that they still have time to remove the chestburster out of Ripley and the doctor stated that it would only be a couple of incisions and only take 2 hours. In Alien Resurrection Ripley survives perfectly fine after the surgery and Purvis nor any other characters who had a chestburster inside them didn't have their organs shutting down and everything. I just thought they should of stuck with the films storyline and not go adrift with a bazillion other ideas.

It fits with canon pretty well, they have shown in multiple stories that people that have survived impregnation have had major rework down to their bodies to the point that they would be considered a full conversion cyborg just about.

As people have said bellow WY just wanted the alien they are not going to care about what happens to ripley not that they even knew much at all about the alien.  They learned more about it in ACM then what they thought they had knew about it before Alien 3.

Ripley 8 is a Xenomorph so why should we believe that she would be infected with the material generated during the impregnation?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

How about "ACM is objectively crap" and subjectively crap like the AVP films if you go by the majority and on that basis let all of us with common sense never speak of it again unless in distain.

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 13, 2014, 09:35:26 PM
How about "ACM is objectively crap" and subjectively crap like the AVP films if you go by the majority and on that basis let all of us with common sense never speak of it again unless in distain.

Problem is the majority of movie watchers like AvP including the Nostalgia Critic.  Dont believe me?  Check out his review of the tv movie version of the Shining.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Apr 14, 2014, 03:39:09 AM

Problem is the majority of movie watchers like AvP including the Nostalgia Critic.  Dont believe me?  Check out his review of the tv movie version of the Shining.

Most people disliked AVP. Not sure where you're looking.

Arterial Spray

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 14, 2014, 02:19:32 PM

To be fair that's a hard one to call. I saw it in the cinema and people were wooping like pleased gibbons. I even overheard a bunch of excited teenagers discussing why it was much better than Aliens, in the porch of a comic-book shop.
While not a generall success, I think it went down well with it's target audience (teenagers with no real knowledge of the individual franchises beyond basic recognition).
I personally hate the film, but if you view it in complete isolation of the source franchises, its pretty good for the ascended b-movie it is.

SM

SM

If you use the scale of 60% and above = 'good', like RT does, then "most" people didn't think it was 'good'.

With an IMDB score of 5.5/10 most people thought it was average.

As for Aliens giving you cancer - more canon-defying bullshit.

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: Arterial Spray on Apr 14, 2014, 02:31:00 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 14, 2014, 02:19:32 PM

To be fair that's a hard one to call. I saw it in the cinema and people were wooping like pleased gibbons. I even overheard a bunch of excited teenagers discussing why it was much better than Aliens, in the porch of a comic-book shop.
While not a generall success, I think it went down well with it's target audience (teenagers with no real knowledge of the individual franchises beyond basic recognition).
I personally hate the film, but if you view it in complete isolation of the source franchises, its pretty good for the ascended b-movie it is.

Yeah that just what I was saying the majority of normal movie goers love the AvP movies.  If the polls here on the website are correct it is only the majority of alien fans, that have voted, that dislike it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed