Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 100,861 times)

RayneStorm82

Quote from: Jarac on Jan 07, 2014, 09:28:07 PM
Quote from: RayneStorm82 on Jan 07, 2014, 09:22:06 PM
Good lord! My pants just exploded off me! This is exactly what the franchise needs. I don't get why some comments (on other sites) are writing it off when GearBox have NOTHING to do with it. Great sum up earlier from another user that Burke could have lied to Ripley about Amanda's fate as well.

Because even though Gearbox should take the blame, SEGA was still the head of the project. They lied to as, as well as Gearbox on the state of Colonial Marines. They released it  knowing how shitty it was. That's why SEGA doesn't deserve much trust, either. SEGA's leadership of the franchise has been borderline incompetent (in the case of A:CM, completely incompetent). Doesn't mean that the game won't be good, but after A:CM, I'm not gonna just throw money at the screen because of a few videos.

Still not a fan of it being "Ripley's daughter", but we'll see how they handle that.
I see what you mean about SEGA. Perhaps I'm a little blinded because it's a new Alien product coming soon. I too will not throw money at a terrible game but it really does sound quite good.
I quite like the idea of keeping the Ripley name going, like you said we now just have to wait and see what they do with the story.

Effectz

Effectz

Game look's great,especially the lighting,I'm sold.

MasterRich

is there a gameplay video without voice over? can't seem to find any gameplay footage without annoying commentary

newbeing

I'm just glad the Alien is huge and not always walking on all fours.  8)

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 07, 2014, 09:37:55 PM
I'm just glad the Alien is huge and not always walking on all fours.  8)

Agreed. I'm a little tired of the 'bug' alien that runs around for the purpose of being shot.

SM

Storyline is still dubious at best, but it sure done look purty.

Crazy Rich

Alright.

At first I was bitter as hell about this game because of Aliens: Colonial Marines, but from seeing the trailer and some the gameplay I have a little bit of hope for this. I'm still not quite convinced with Amanda Ripley amongst other things, but I'm sold for the game in general and right now the Alien itself looks and feels pretty damn good. I'm willing to give this game a chance.

The absence of a Gearbox logo helps.

Jarac

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 07, 2014, 09:55:03 PM
The absence of a Gearbox logo helps.

I'm pretty sure that helps them by about 90%, lol.

Doggo33

The way the titles are done in the trailer is really good.
The screenshots look good but the gameplay graphics I didn't like as much, baring in mind that it is of course still in development.

Also considering it's only just been officially announced, I hope it wont be a rush to get it in by late 2014, as I doubt they'll want to push the release back considering the whole Aliens: Colonial Marines thing.

I also don't know if it'll be a great success if there is only going to be 1 alien. Yes, it's a horror, and is (in theory) going to be like the original, and all that, but realistically I don't presume I'm going to be that scared playing, when it's obvious I'll survive until the end, the alien will probably seem dead the re-appear, all other crew will die (possibly one survives). That is going mostly off film logic, as I don't have much horror game experience.

Just a pet peeve of mine too, why do so many action (in this case more horror) hero's have to have children which grow up to manage get into the exact same situations, if not exceeding (usually in films).

SM

You talkin' to me?

PVTDukeMorrison

Vepariga

Holy f**k. If this game has occulus support. I will cry with fear.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 07, 2014, 08:50:46 PM
Just don't see how you can do a game like this without having a gun or something to kill.

Well as I mentioned earlier in this thread, you're gonna encounter other characters, some that won't be as trusting as others, and in one of the articles it made mention of Amanda holding a hammer, obviously that won't do shit to the Xeno, but to a person's head it can.

Also:

The first report we got was that we were gonna get Soldiers and Synthetics. So maybe that will play later on in the game. Also, in one of the articles that ikarop posted, it made mention of a corporate presence working in the shadows. Some company called Seegson that is trying to be as successful as Weyland Yutani. I'm thinking that both of these things will be connected and as Cal mention on skype to me - you'll probably have to avoid their private army and synthetics as well.

Cal427eb

Quote from: Vepariga on Jan 07, 2014, 10:18:42 PM
Holy f**k. If this game has occulus support. I will cry with fear.
It does.

Vakarian

Vakarian

The first thing I noticed about the alien was the sheer size of it, and it will run you down and f**k you up if you attempt to run through the entire game. In this game it seems like it would take 10 minutes to get through one single section, where as if you tried to do the same thing in Colonial Marines, it would only take a matter of seconds.

The only thing that worries me is plot loopholes, other character designs and fighting synthetics. Seeing as this game hasn't been deemed canon (not yet at least) I guess they are f**king around with certain elements of the story? for example.

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 07, 2014, 08:59:44 PM
The black box was on the Narcissus.

Yet they only found the Narcissus 57 years later. This is set 15 years after Alien. I call bullshit if they somehow manage to find it just floating around the vacuum of space.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed