Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 100,857 times)

HuDaFuK

To be honest, I'm sick of how short singleplayer games are these days... but I really can't see a game with only one enemy that you can't really fight being dragged out to 10 hours long.

Vakarian

I don't understand how they found the Nostromos black box, seeing as the entire ship was practically atomised.

Darkness

I have kinda mixed feelings. I thought it might have been a third person game similar to Dead Space.

The attention to detail looks good but that was true for ACM as well at the beginning. Just don't see how you can do a game like this without having a gun or something to kill. Hopefully, it will have a decent story to keep you interested.

SizzyBubbles

I'm pretty excited to see a different kinda alien game. It seems kinda weird that most everything alien related is based off the one movie ALIENS. Your typical action adventure shooty shooty game... but what about Alien? Alien3? They are not like that. I really hope they make Isolation more atmospheric and scary (not jump-scares). It's a lot scarier to feel alone with limited weaponry while being pursued by an evil entity. Think Pyramid Head in Silent Hill 2 or the Brute from Amnesia: The Dark Decent.

Xhan

The black box was on the Narcissus. Draw any conclusions from that you wish. Parting shot of the game is probably a pan shot of the Narcissus leaving your field of view as you die of asphyxiation and your suit scrubbers failing.

Quoteweapons

There are weapons. Who you decide to use them on will likely determine how long you live, you can probably guess which one they aren't particularly effective on. When ammo is gone, it's also permanently gone.

All hype and marketing aside, this is the first game in twenty years to use color correction properly, you won't be able to say CA didn't try to at least get the little things right.

Quoteamnesia

This game wouldn't exist otherwise, obviously.

That SEGA would allow such a niche genre to frame their last entry tells you two things: how little they cared who wrapped up the contract versus net gain against the license, and how much logistical throughput they were willing to spend, which is why it may actually succeed. Shame they had to abuse the franchise twice for that lesson to finally sink in.

You get what you pay for, both creatively and economically.

Vrastal

According to their Facebook page there is no co op."In the meantime, we'd like to confirm that Alien: Isolation doesn't feature co-op play. It's a first-person viewpoint, single-player, survival-horror game, returning to the roots of the original Alien movie. " from the fb page.

spychi

All I can say, not fond on Amnesia like games but with what I saw from gameplay videos and what is really in-game footage and atmosphere (yes I am looking at you Gearbox) than this (even if short SP game) has the potential of being not a triple AAA blockbuster for all casual players but for those who seek the Alien true sense, hardcore fans which might be satisfied with what the series is truly about.
8 passanger of Nostromo is what it's going to be, I don't have to remind any of you what the film was about but it looks like the first game developer has truly captured what most Alien hardcore fans and horror hardcore fans prayed for, an actual enemy you can't fight, you don't see much...I guess which mostly is horrifying and what games that are supposed to scare you should be about.

If the game won't be much expensive I can guarantee that it will deliver.
I cross my fingers for this
Next thing we need is a game that would be like the "Aliens" movie.

Vakarian

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 07, 2014, 08:59:44 PM
There are weapons. Who you decide to use them on will likely determine how long you live, you can probably guess which one they aren't particularly effective on. When ammo is gone, it's also permanently gone.

QuoteThere are no guns here and you can't buy a rocket launcher through DLC. You have your eyes and a motion tracker... and that's about it.

I take it you are talking about the things you can craft?

Jarac

Wonder how much they will charge for it: the usual $59.99/$49.99? I think it would be too expensive if the game isn't longer than 10 hours. And again... Colonial Marines. No trust, man. I can't. Not after that.

RayneStorm82

Good lord! My pants just exploded off me! This is exactly what the franchise needs. I don't get why some comments (on other sites) are writing it off when GearBox have NOTHING to do with it. Great sum up earlier from another user that Burke could have lied to Ripley about Amanda's fate as well.

[cancerblack]

Not a fan of the whole "Ripley's daughter" thing, but I'm willing to forgive that much if the game is even half as cool as it looks. Colour me excited! Between this, the miniatures game, the new comics/books etc... this is looking like a good year for Alien!

Jarac

Quote from: RayneStorm82 on Jan 07, 2014, 09:22:06 PM
Good lord! My pants just exploded off me! This is exactly what the franchise needs. I don't get why some comments (on other sites) are writing it off when GearBox have NOTHING to do with it. Great sum up earlier from another user that Burke could have lied to Ripley about Amanda's fate as well.

Because even though Gearbox should take the blame, SEGA was still the head of the project. They lied to as, as well as Gearbox on the state of Colonial Marines. They released it  knowing how shitty it was. That's why SEGA doesn't deserve much trust, either. SEGA's leadership of the franchise has been borderline incompetent (in the case of A:CM, completely incompetent). Doesn't mean that the game won't be good, but after A:CM, I'm not gonna just throw money at the screen because of a few videos.

Still not a fan of it being "Ripley's daughter", but we'll see how they handle that.

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Jan 07, 2014, 09:27:16 PM
Not a fan of the whole "Ripley's daughter" thing, but I'm willing to forgive that much if the game is even half as cool as it looks. Colour me excited! Between this, the miniatures game, the new comics/books etc... this is looking like a good year for Alien!

Lets hope so. I'm just excited for ALIEN STUFF. Especially since the most i'm getting is just sitting here and waiting for NECA's next aliens figures to come out... then waiting again...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed