Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 100,265 times)

SM

QuoteSo, Out of Darkness doesn't tie in with 'Aliens' then I take it?

The blurb would seem to indicate that certain events will lead into Aliens - but we don't know how or to what extent as yet.

Chaotic-Strike

It would be nice to see an Alien game exist in it's own universe and ignore Aliens but if they were doing that they wouldn't of tied Ripley's daughter from the sequel. It would be cool to have egg morphing and no queens though.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 07, 2014, 11:08:26 PM
Typical video game fan bait (RIPLEY'S DAUGHTER OMG SET DESIGN LIKE THE FILM), but it does look pretty. I'd play it.

Read the articles, it's much more than that. Look at the videos, or anything where the devs have their say. It's not just the same BS Gearbox was spewing out of their mouths.

Vakarian

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 07, 2014, 11:29:42 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 07, 2014, 11:08:26 PM
Typical video game fan bait (RIPLEY'S DAUGHTER OMG SET DESIGN LIKE THE FILM), but it does look pretty. I'd play it.

Read the articles, it's much more than that. Look at the videos, or anything where the devs have their say. It's not just the same BS Gearbox was spewing out of their mouths.

Don't fall for her troll-like ways.  :laugh:

Ratchetcomand

This game look like it could be good. I'm not holding my breath on it yet since Sega can easily f**k things up.

Vakarian

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 07, 2014, 11:47:40 PM
This game look like it could be good. I'm not holding my breath on it yet since Sega can easily f**k things up.

I don't think Sega was to blame for A:CM, the blame falls entirely onto GBX and that f**ktard Pitchford.

szkoki

well ummm  Last Of Us was a hell of a repetative game tho one of the bests if not the best game of the last generation

honestly i wouldnt mind to walk around trying to survive on a collapsing station with an Alien on my tail for the whole gametime, it only needs a pretty nice slow intro like the movie Alien had to get in touch with the characters with the world, how fascinating is to be in space etc. before you get the whole opposite feeling for the rest of the game, and oh as for the characters, i dont want too many as only 1 monster is in there but  2-3 well built up character(team mates, rescuing someone, any evil human character or a few who always try to screw you) is a must for a decent game

SM

I don't know how they're going to do it to be honest.  If you look at the film, Ripley spends nearly all the film not meeting the Alien.  And those who do, die in short order.  Be tricky to have a game where everything happens to other people rather than the player.

Xhan

Quote from: Vakarian on Jan 07, 2014, 11:48:43 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 07, 2014, 11:47:40 PM

I don't think Sega was to blame for A:CM, the blame falls entirely onto GBX and that f**ktard Pitchford.

Incorrect. Blame is entirely equal for both parties.

Vakarian

Quote from: SM on Jan 08, 2014, 12:12:51 AM
I don't know how they're going to do it to be honest.  If you look at the film, Ripley spends nearly all the film not meeting the Alien.  And those who do, die in short order.  Be tricky to have a game where everything happens to other people rather than the player.

Same could be said for Colonial Marines and Aliens. In Aliens theres nothing for about 40 minutes, then it's 10 minutes of the marines getting their asses kicked then the rest is about them desperately trying to survive and escape.

Colonial Marines dumps you straight into the action, not capturing any of the tension or atmosphere. Although A:CM was made by a bunch of f**king chimpanzee's so, you know.

Cal427eb

They can actually do the tension build up in this game though due to it actually being a horror game.

szkoki

well thats why i dont like Dead Space....- a few minutes cgi intro- hey im on abandoned ship with a weapon with monsters -....ok but why, where is the tension, cgi intros are worthles nowdays, no depth to them...there shouldnt be cutscenes, no relief at least no cutscene related reliefs...

as for the weapons: a smaller flamethrower would be a good one tho...just having a few shots in it and it couldnt kill the Alien just make him back up for a sec. even in the end of the game you could have weapon and more Aliens for a last escape run or like in a scene entering in the nest like in Aliens, it still could be horror then too

and exactly because what you guys mentioned earlier about how they created the horror tension in Aliens even if there were guns and flamethrowers

shadowedge

This looks so good. One xenomorph hunting you! No more cannon fodder aliens, this is the real deal. This looks like it may be survival horror at its best, kind of like the first Amnesia.

Of course we have been burned before, but as of right now I am really excited.

Vakarian

Quote from: szkoki on Jan 08, 2014, 12:33:22 AM
as for the weapons: a smaller flamethrower would be a good one tho...just having a few shots in it and it couldnt kill the Alien just make him back up for a sec. even in the end of the game you could have weapon and more Aliens for a last escape run or like in a scene entering in the nest like in Aliens, it still could be horror then too

If they were to put guns in at the end of the game, it would just defeat the purpose of what they are trying to create. The only 'weapon' I could ever see in this aside from melee weapons, is like a blow-torch that you can craft, or even just a f**king stick with a flame on the end of it.

Do we have the capacity to make fire? Most humans have enjoyed that privilege since the Stone Age.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Vakarian on Jan 08, 2014, 12:37:58 AM
Quote from: szkoki on Jan 08, 2014, 12:33:22 AM

If they were to put guns in at the end of the game, it would just defeat the purpose of what they are trying to create. The only 'weapon' I could ever see in this aside from melee weapons, is like a blow-torch that you can craft, or even just a f**king stick with a flame on the end of it.

Do we have the capacity to make fire? Most humans have enjoyed that privilege since the Stone Age.

did you feel the tension dissapeared when Dallas entered in the vents with a flamethrower? or when Ripley entered the hive with that multi weapon?

i believe if the tension is created well enough doesnt matter if you have a gun or not, you can laugh at  me guys but i felt that playing AVP2 as an 18yrs old. and that was action-horror game :D

and im not praying for action, for guns but its like CA feels if they put a gun in the game it will all go into ACM and that scares me....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed