DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 121,487 times)

genocyber

genocyber

Bat Girl is and Nightwing are successful because they have always rode the coat tails of Batman. Night Wing was never all that interesting until he became Red Hood, and the only interesting Bat Girl was Cassandra Cain. The one raised from birth by Ras Al Ghul as a perfect weapon. But knowing Joss Whedon he'll go with Barbara Gordon and it'll be full of G rated feminist quirky shit.

Magegg

Magegg

genocyber showing once more his superhero spectre autism, completely unable to understand anything about comic book/superheroes at all  ::)

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Magegg on Apr 02, 2017, 10:15:00 PM
genocyber showing once more his superhero spectre autism, completely unable to understand anything about comic book/superheroes at all  ::)

To be fair, Joss Whedon is one of the most Overrated directors of all time.

His only good movie is Avengers 1.

Avengers 2 is a disgrace.

genocyber

genocyber

I disagree with Genocyber. I'll call him an autist. That'll show him!
Classy.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 02, 2017, 09:31:13 PM
Night Wing was never all that interesting until he became Red Hood,

That was Jason Todd.  Nightwing is the original Robin, Dick Grayson.

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 03, 2017, 02:36:13 AM

So you want the angsty grown up Robin? Pretty sure we had that already.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 03, 2017, 02:22:20 AM
Classy.
There's a pattern here. You think the only "non ridiculous" superhero movie is Hellboy. It's more than clear that you have some sort of limitation when to understanding the genre it comes.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 03, 2017, 02:53:39 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 03, 2017, 02:36:13 AM

So you want the angsty grown up Robin? Pretty sure we had that already.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/batman/images/c/cc/Batman_forever_robin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110705231453

I don't think we will get that Robin in the DCEU, as they stated that Robin is dead (remember the Robin suit in BvS?).

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: Magegg on Apr 03, 2017, 03:18:09 AM
Quote from: genocyber on Apr 03, 2017, 02:22:20 AM
Classy.
There's a pattern here. You think the only "non ridiculous" superhero movie is Hellboy. It's more than clear that you have some sort of limitation when to understanding the genre it comes.
Wow, you don't know a damn thing about me then.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Can we refrain from the personal attacks please. I expect better of you all than that.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: PierreVW on Apr 02, 2017, 11:14:44 PM

His only good movie is Avengers 1.

Avengers 2 is a disgrace.

Well interesting you say that about Age of Ultron, dont forget alot of it was the Producers wanting certain things in the film, to the detriment of what Whedon was trying to do

Also Serenity is badass

Russ

Russ

I have to agree, Pierre - I'm not a fan of his at all and I think that his "geek credentials" have carried him far.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 03, 2017, 11:05:25 AM
Well interesting you say that about Age of Ultron, dont forget alot of it was the Producers wanting certain things in the film, to the detriment of what Whedon was trying to do

Also Serenity is badass

Couldn't the same defense be applied to Ultimate Cut vs Theatrical Cut of the much lambasted BvS. WB wanting more bums on seats? I'm sure Snyder has said "No, no - that was the cut we wanted to put out" - but if he has, I wouldn't buy it (cos lets face it, the Ultimate Cut was awesome in comparison).

Serenity was really good, though if memory serves, wasn't this the first (and then Dredd) to suffer really badly from piracy in that all the Firefly geeks went and downloaded it and no one went to see it, hence scuppering their own franchise. I'm sure I read that somewhere cos I know I've quoted it *lol*

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ on Apr 03, 2017, 11:16:07 AM

I have to agree, Pierre - I'm not a fan of his at all and I think that his "geek credentials" have carried him far.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 03, 2017, 11:05:25 AM

Also Serenity is badass

Couldn't the same defense be applied to Ultimate Cut vs Theatrical Cut of the much lambasted BvS. WB wanting more bums on seats? I'm sure Snyder has said "No, no - that was the cut we wanted to put out" - but if he has, I wouldn't buy it (cos lets face it, the Ultimate Cut was awesome in comparison).

Serenity was really good, though if memory serves, wasn't this the first (and then Dredd) to suffer really badly from piracy in that all the Firefly geeks went and downloaded it and no one went to see it, hence scuppering their own franchise. I'm sure I read that somewhere cos I know I've quoted it *lol*

I'd heard something like that about Serenity and Dredd (Probably from you lol) Which is a shame as i saw both in the Cinema

Russ

Russ

Shit - I was doing fake news before fake news was a thing! Let me have a Google and see what I can dig out

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ on Apr 03, 2017, 11:21:25 AM
Shit - I was doing fake news before fake news was a thing! Let me have a Google and see what I can dig out

I just did a quick search myself. It does seem to be kinda true, but in the fact that people were looking for copies once the found out It had been finished. So that is probably where i heard it and you confused me lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed