DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 121,474 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Magegg on Mar 26, 2014, 03:47:42 AM
They're changing Wonder Woman origins to be a descendant of aliens, only to avoid any kind of mystical/mythological/magical stuff, I don't think they will tackle the subject with Shazam.

That's one unsubstantiated rumor out of approximately twelve million.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Yep, that whole WW being from alien race is just BS. The internet took that as something was truth, when it was actually speculation from a Batman fan-site.

Besides, even if that were the case, those two reasons don't seem like big enough reasons for Captain Marvel and such to not come out in the DC movie-verse.

Magegg

Magegg

The newest interview with David Goyer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/08/david-goyer-says-warner-brothers-would-love-to-make-their-dc-universe-more-cohesive

The highlight IMO:

QuoteGoyer: I mean, it's too early. I know that Warner Bros. would love to make their universe more cohesive. There have been a lot of general conversations about that, but it's really, really early. I'm not sure. Marvel has had enormous success, but I'm not sure that everybody should try to emulate them either. It's just been vague conversations so far.

LOL, get your shit together, WB!! XD

Meh, I love so much Marvel Studios story :)
This multimedia idea is an initiative that was born like in the '70s, they went in an adventure of doing animated series even with very limited budgets... Marvel did some sacrificies by selling some of the rights to other studios during the '90s, so they could invest that money to produce more material...

But finally they accomplished their dream and they created THEIR OWN STUDIO to make the movies they wanted to do as they wanted them to be, so they're not under the power of any other company or producers demanding them to according to their wishes.

There's so much love and understanding to the comic books and the characters there, thanks to Avi Arad, Stan Lee, Kevin Feige, now they're going enjoying the product of their work big time...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

RIP WB, focus all efforts on Arrow now, that's where the real world building has already started to the point of an actual spin off happening in the same f**king universe.

Magegg

Magegg

Welll, honesty I don't care about superhero TV shows being part of a cinematic universe.

To me, for superheroes the best way is the movies. With TV shows you have cheaper special effects, cheaper actors, cheaper costumes, cheaper action scenes. The worst case is Smallville.

Seriously a TV show about Flash? He will never look as great as he could look in a movie.

The only way it's justified it's for street level characters, like but even so, it would be better for like 6-10 episodes miniseries (like Marvel's doing with the Defenders series), not 24-episodes seasons.

Why to introduce Green Arrow via a cheap TV show, and make him see "half decent" when you can wait a little so he can appear in a movie?
Also, as these series for being part of a Cinematic Universe will have to have some connections with the comics, they basically have to throw some characters there, but they can only use the B-lister or C-lister ones, those people don't care about, like Deathlok, Lorelerei, so the movies can still use the good ones.
Occasionally someone good as Deathstroke, but it still would look way better in a movie...

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Magegg on Apr 08, 2014, 06:51:06 PM

Seriously a TV show about Flash? He will never look as great as he could look in a movie.

Au contraire

But I take your point. The new Flash - from what we've seen - looks silly.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Russ on Apr 09, 2014, 01:50:46 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Apr 08, 2014, 06:51:06 PM

Au contraire

http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2013/07/the-flash-tv.jpg

But I take your point. The new Flash - from what we've seen - looks silly.

And that doesn't look silly? :laugh: Seriously, those fake muscles are bigger than a small child.

First Blood

First Blood

The new suit looks movie level good.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 09, 2014, 02:24:43 PM

And that doesn't look silly? :laugh: Seriously, those fake muscles are bigger than a small child.

Those are NOT fake muscles. *fingers in ears* Not listening, lalalalala.

I think, with a tad of moderinisng (IE -give it the chain-mail effect that all outfits have to have have) it could work. It's better than this, though:

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 08, 2014, 06:20:42 PM
RIP WB, focus all efforts on Arrow now, that's where the real world building has already started to the point of an actual spin off happening in the same f**king universe.
I don't want Oliver Wayne, I mean Bruce Queen, I mean Green Bat, er...you know...to be canon. I want Oliver Queen, not Batman and a bow.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Xenokiller on Apr 09, 2014, 07:37:08 PM
I don't want Oliver Wayne, I mean Bruce Queen, I mean Green Bat, er...you know...to be canon. I want Oliver Queen, not Batman and a bow.

We're getting there. Oliver Queen as we know him in the comics ain't gonna be the Green Arrow we know and love one year into his career on the show. They are slowly setting it up so he becomes GREEN ARROW in all his glory.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 09, 2014, 11:13:33 PM

We're getting there. Oliver Queen as we know him in the comics ain't gonna be the Green Arrow we know and love one year into his career on the show. They are slowly setting it up so he becomes GREEN ARROW in all his glory.
If I ever saw him smile or crack a joke while crime fighting then I'd believe it...I want to

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Xenokiller on Apr 11, 2014, 09:19:08 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 09, 2014, 11:13:33 PM

If I ever saw him smile or crack a joke while crime fighting then I'd believe it...I want to

I'll let you know when it happens.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

He's quipped a bit on the show, but his sense of humor tends to be very dark.

Magegg

Magegg

Add this to the main post as rumored movies:
    May 2016 – Batman v Superman
    July 2016 – Shazam
    Xmas 2016 – Sandman
    May 2017 – Justice League
    July 2017 – Wonder Woman
    Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
    May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

You know what do I think it's the only thing can save this cinematic universe? Cast Jackie Earle Haley as Question.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed