1st Anniversary of Prometheus

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jun 08, 2013, 08:51:17 PM

Author
1st Anniversary of Prometheus (Read 18,540 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

One year ago today was the U.S. release of Prometheus.

For me it was my 1st midnight showing & 3D film.  8)

Happy 1st Anniversary Prometheus !  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes yes.

I remember.

:-X

Rankles75

Rankles75

Ah yes, so much disappointment.....

Terx2

Terx2

In another 23 years we will get the directors cut :D

Happy Anniversary to the film that split the viewers.

maledoro

maledoro

Although I did agree with Ridley Scott about the commercials for this movie not revealing everything, I feel that they showed too much. I would have been happy with just reactions on the actors' faces, the Giant Head, and little else in the trailers.

Gash

Gash

Wow, has it been only 53 weeks of arguing.

Chris P

Chris P

I'm one of the ones who really loved Prometheus. In celebration, I created this in anticipation for more news on Prometheus 2, which I suspect will come sooner rather than later: http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/paradise/

PsyKore

PsyKore

I enjoyed it when it came to the cinema. Haven't been that excited to see a movie in a long time.

It's not as good in hindsight now, but I'll still remember the fun I had watching it. And it's by no means the worst in the franchise.

acheronbeing

ah, today we celebrate 1st anniversary of the biggest dissapointment for any serious Giger fan ever in history.

If only "The Genious of the Derelict" would have been the one and only core of a true alien prequel, and not the expected mess we were given eventually, with jockeys being like humans, paints in a cave, etc LoL

bishoop

bishoop

id managed to avoid any big spoilers and had even refused to watch the main trailers (just the watched the teaser)

on the day i remember being incredibly excited - comparable to excitment levels for Star Wars I, Matrix 2, Superman Returns, Indy 4, Star Trek 2009...(but maybe even more so as this was Ridley Scott returning to Alien again! his 3rd SF film! his first for 30 years since BR!)

the opening with the engineer was tremendous and eerie and stunning and had an epic 'Wonders of the Universe' style vibe (it actually felt like you were watching something that took place millions of years ago )

but it wasnt until the opening scene of David on the Prometheus that it hit home and i was like 'oh man oh man this is crazy im watching Ridley Scotts Alien 5!....Ridley Scott directing a new Alien!!':o :o :o

following him around on board what just looked like an advanced Nostromo (There was even a sort of Resurrection nod with the basketball) ....the last time id seen anything like that was Danny Boyles Sunshine but that wasnt an Alien film. i recalled reading something about either Scott or Cameron saying they often wondered what Ash or Bishop got up to while the crew slept - and here it was! :o

For the first 20 or so minutes i kept thinking back to the lost Cameron/Scott Alien 5 that was nixed in favour of AvP and realised i was pretty much watching it now in 2012! (sans Cameron of course) f**k you AvP!! :laugh:

it was a similar feeling to watching Phantom Menace for the first time in the cinema - the huge yellow Star Wars logo then seeing 'Episode I' crawl past (not IV, V or VI as usual) or seeing Indy 4 and the Paramount logo/opening credits..but all the more intense as im a bigger Alien fan than SW/Indy

Samus007

Samus007

Happy 1 year anniversary Prometheus. I love 70% of it, and hate the other 30%.

predator118

predator118

celebrating  the 1st anniversary of when i found out that the mysterious alien space jockey was nothing but a bald humanoid alien :)

bioweapon

bioweapon

Happy anniversary!

Yesterday I watch the film again to conmemorate.

It just grew in me, and I like it more. Its a visual tour de force in the first 30 minutes. Some contradictions in how the characters respond are not an issue for me anymore.

All in all, Im expecting the sequels in the same fasion the Alien sequels was, giving it to promising directors.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: predator118 on Jun 10, 2013, 02:09:58 PM
celebrating  the 1st anniversary of when i found out that the mysterious alien space jockey was nothing but a bald humanoid alien :)

This made me LOL!

5 stars  * * * * *  predator118

I have to ask...did you chose your name cause there's 117 predator  id's taken?

Gash

Gash

Quote from: predator118 on Jun 10, 2013, 02:09:58 PM

You wanted him to have an afro? or a comb over? Crazy talk.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed