1st Anniversary of Prometheus

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jun 08, 2013, 08:51:17 PM

Author
1st Anniversary of Prometheus (Read 18,542 times)

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Only a year?  ;)

Salt The Fries

Doesn't feel like a year plus it came out late July here.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Happy Anniversary to Prometheus; May it be rubbished into perpetuity.

predator118

predator118

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jun 10, 2013, 08:18:34 PM
Quote from: predator118 on Jun 10, 2013, 02:09:58 PM
celebrating  the 1st anniversary of when i found out that the mysterious alien space jockey was nothing but a bald humanoid alien :)

This made me LOL!

5 stars  * * * * *  predator118

I have to ask...did you chose your name cause there's 117 predator  id's taken?

nope never even knew there was a predator 117 :P

Quote from: Gash on Jun 10, 2013, 10:08:52 PM
Quote from: predator118 on Jun 10, 2013, 02:09:58 PM
celebrating  the 1st anniversary of when i found out that the mysterious alien space jockey was nothing but a bald humanoid alien :)

You wanted him to have an afro? or a comb over? Crazy talk.

i'm pretty sure if you ask any kid to draw an extra terrestrial alien it would come very close to what we got in Prometheus ;) and no i wanted to see H.R Gigers original space jockey not Greek gods.

SM

SM

How terrible for you.

predator118

predator118

How terrible indeed.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Chris P on Jun 10, 2013, 01:01:07 AM
I'm one of the ones who really loved Prometheus. In celebration, I created this in anticipation for more news on Prometheus 2, which I suspect will come sooner rather than later: http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/paradise/

Why is SciFied such a pain to sign up for, which I need to be part of to register to your site?  It won't allow me to do anything, telling me the e-mail/username is in use which is BS, the retrieval process doesn't work so I couldn't change the password even if I made a mistake, while I've tried contacting them (SciFied) several times but so far no response.  I see your site has plenty of followers but it seems like there is no way for me to resolve this issue.  Any suggestions, surely it cant be just me having this problem!

SM

SM

"Video not supported Your browser does not support the audio element"

And hooo boy - those forums they have there...

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2013, 07:29:37 AM

Ok thanks, guess that means a big no-no to Firefox, don't really like using IE but I'll give it a go.  :)

Hmmm, it seems the problem is to do with XP and me not being able to upgrade to IE 10.  My older OS which works fine otherwise, I'm quite happy with it and not gonna change just for this, oh well thanks anyway SM!

(just out of curiosity, I only get "Video not supported Your browser does not support the audio element" message for IE 8, I can actually see video content on Firefox 21 but no sound, assuming there is any, plus I don't get no message as above)

SM

SM

IE 10 plays Prometheus music in the background.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

One year since the same gut wrenching disappointment of what can only be compared to finding out this whole time you were adopted, by parents who are secret Nazis, and Justin Beiber fans, who don't like chocolate or Ghostbusters and don't believe in science...

Gazz

Gazz

Still the same as I was initially with Prometheus. Loved some elements of the film and was disappointed with others but overall I'm still happy with the viewing experience.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2013, 11:43:16 AM
IE 10 plays Prometheus music in the background.

They just got back to me, no BG music but site works fine on Firefox otherwise.  Not exactly sure what went wrong, I was already a member of SciFied, but they sent me a new password to start over.

Cheers for your help anyway.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2013, 07:29:37 AM

Works in IE9, IE10, Chrome and FireFox. It's designed for modern browsers, which is what I mentioned when sharing the link. So if you don't see a video playing in the background and no sound - might be a good idea to update your browser.

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jun 11, 2013, 07:23:28 AM
Why is SciFied such a pain to sign up for, which I need to be part of to register to your site?  It won't allow me to do anything, telling me the e-mail/username is in use which is BS, the retrieval process doesn't work so I couldn't change the password even if I made a mistake, while I've tried contacting them (SciFied) several times but so far no response.  I see your site has plenty of followers but it seems like there is no way for me to resolve this issue.  Any suggestions, surely it cant be just me having this problem!

Thought I got back to you quickly enough mate  :D But apologies for the inconvenience. Since I merged the Prometheus forum to the Scified platform, there's been a couple issues with people logging in on their old accounts - my guess is it's some caching / session issue. But I'm glad you got it sorted!

SM

SM

QuoteWorks in IE9, IE10, Chrome and FireFox. It's designed for modern browsers, which is what I mentioned when sharing the link. So if you don't see a video playing in the background and no sound - might be a good idea to update your browser.

Stuck with IE8 at work.

As I said, works fine on IE10.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed