Alien: Engineers - Leaked Jon Spaihts' draft

Started by antovolk, Nov 11, 2012, 01:28:31 PM

Author
Alien: Engineers - Leaked Jon Spaihts' draft (Read 60,166 times)

SpeedyMaxx

As I said, I think it's really well-done.  There's some great stuff, and the core concepts were solid and made the final film happen.  But there's also way too much of "aliens on our ship - let's go hunt em".  I rolled my eyes at that.

Of course, that was his initial brief - aliens, LV-426.

MrSpaceJockey

I doubt its the work of a fan.  I've been watching the Prometheus making of documentary, Furious Gods, and all the screenshots of Spaight's draft matches up perfectly with this copy. If it's a fake, it must have been a very intricately researched one, because as far as I'm concerned, it seems pretty real.  :)

- Certain shots of the script in documentary match up word for word
- There's the mention of a 5 spoke wheel of a space station Weyland resides in and a round shuttlecraft Holloway and Watts take - both of these are seen in the form of concept art in the documentary, with the former being specifically described by the concept artists as a Weyland station.
- Hammerpede is described as a centipede like creature with a hammer like head and a slit in the mouth that becomes horizontal when it's about to attack - this centipede like hammerpede concept art is seen in the documentary and there's a Ridleygram briefly shown depicting a hammerpede with a horizontal mouth.
- Older Holloway, squishy white aliens, David playing with the hugger, links to Alien, sex-burster, Milburn and Fifield losing the maps, have all been mentioned in interviews with Spaights on the draft.

Nothing faulty so far - safe to say it's legit.

Blacklabel

Spaihts said on twitter that apparently there was a 'leak going around.

Signs point out to this being legit.

Got other stuff to read right now though. this will have to wait :P

Gazz

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Nov 11, 2012, 08:17:06 PM
I doubt its the work of a fan.  I've been watching the Prometheus making of documentary, Furious Gods, and all the screenshots of Spaight's draft matches up perfectly with this copy.

I was just about to ask if someone had done this. Thanks for that!

fiveways

This script is Alien: R bad.

Blacklabel

It's just a draft. A work in progress. It's insane to judge this as a "finished" piece.

antovolk

And Spaihts just tweeted confirming it's real: https://twitter.com/jonspaihts/status/267769732571209729

MrSpaceJockey

Predaker

Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace should get together and film the scene with the facehugger just for fun.

Corporal Hicks

This was one of the last drafts Jon did before it became Prometheus.

Gotta say I'm really enjoying it too.

ChrisPachi

QuoteHOLLOWAY: Move slowly. Stay together. Don't touch anything.

:laugh:

T Dog

Quote from: fiveways on Nov 11, 2012, 09:47:05 PM
This script is Alien: R bad.

I think it's pretty damn good so far.

aliens13

This script is awesome! God damn you Damon Lindelof!

cloverfan98

So how does Alien Harvest fit into this?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

This script is big and dumb, but at least it is balls-out big and dumb and doesn't pretend to be smart, unlike the travesty that Lindelof came up with. It also has far fewer holes in it, especially in regards to character behavior.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed