Prometheus Easter Egg (spoilers)

Started by predxeno, Jun 09, 2012, 08:34:21 PM

Author
Prometheus Easter Egg (spoilers) (Read 49,718 times)

predxeno

predxeno

In the scene after the film is finished, they show what looks like a proto-alien crawl out of the dead space jockey.  For those of us (including me) who see Prometheus and the AVP films to be from the same universe, what does this mean?  For me, it means that the Aliens from AVP (and maybe Alien) may not have been created by the jockeys.  For those who see Prometheus to be in an alternate universe, this could very well be the birth of the xenomorph. 

Though, if this were the birth of the xenomorphs, the question still remains how did the jockeys manage to not only get their hands on it, but also make it asexually reproduce by the time Alien occurred (which is only what... 50 years?) and it appeared that the proto-alien still had a lot of evolving to do; inner mouth, back protrusions, etc.  Currently, I'm just seeing it as a freak mutation going on a similar evolutionary path as the original Alien from AVP (or maybe the Alien films, depending on your canon preferences).

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 09, 2012, 08:34:21 PM
In the scene after the film is finished, they show what looks like a proto-alien crawl out of the dead space jockey.  For those of us (including me) who see Prometheus and the AVP films to be from the same universe, what does this mean?  For me, it means that the Aliens from AVP (and maybe Alien) may not have been created by the jockeys.  For those who see Prometheus to be in an alternate universe, this could very well be the birth of the xenomorph. 

Though, if this were the birth of the xenomorphs, the question still remains how did the jockeys manage to not only get their hands on it, but also make it asexually reproduce by the time Alien occurred (which is only what... 50 years?) and it appeared that the proto-alien still had a lot of evolving to do; inner mouth, back protrusions, etc.  Currently, I'm just seeing it as a freak mutation going on a similar evolutionary path as the original Alien from AVP (or maybe the Alien films, depending on your canon preferences).

You have it mixed up. AvP is the alternate universe.

Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

It's sort of a moot point, considering AVP is not canon.   If you consider AVP as canon, you might as well consider Mortal Kombat and all the other turds Paul W. S. Anderson squeezed out as canon, because they have as much continuity with Prometheus as the AVP movies.

Sorry if that comes across as harsh.  Nothing against you; I just have a deep contempt for the AVP films.

Chris!(($$))!

Its not harsh but at this point its just fact.

DaddyYautja

There's Xeno imagery all over the walls of that room. That thing that pops out at the end is not the first of everything, it just the first of some branch.

AVP is still in effect, son!

MrSpaceJockey

+ The holes in the dead engineers' chests.  What we see at the end isn't necessarily the origin of the xenomorph, not at all.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 09, 2012, 08:56:45 PM
AVP is still in effect, son!

Yeah, have fun with that.

Infected

Infected

When they have to leave the temple in a hurry they say to David "David!! we are leaving!!"  in a "Drake we are leaving" kinda way. ALIENS

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Infected on Jun 09, 2012, 10:07:51 PM
When they have to leave the temple in a hurry they say to David "David!! we are leaving!!"  in a "Drake we are leaving" kinda way. ALIENS

This is one of the more obvious references I noticed.

Hudson

Hudson

All it means is that's what some weird type of Xeno looks like when it comes out of a jockey. Obviously not a regular kind of Xenomorph because the "facehugger" was completely different.

This isn't the creation of the Xenomorphs. They'd already been doing something with them on LV-426 I'm guessing. If indeed the Nostromo stumbled upon another weapons storage facility.

And by the way...the design of that thing was f**king horrible.

predxeno

predxeno

The Big Hugger reminded me of the Queen Facehugger from Kenner.

psychonaut25

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 09, 2012, 10:50:06 PM

http://www.planetavp.com/conrad/Queenfacehugger.jpg

made in china

Cybercat

Cybercat

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 09, 2012, 10:50:06 PM

http://www.planetavp.com/conrad/Queenfacehugger.jpg

Is the space marine pictured copulating with the Queen Face Hugger?

AmazSpiderMan1

I agree. AVP still works with the canon, even with Prometheus, mostly because Prometheus was way too ambiguous. They didn't even include any footage of a young Peter Weyland. In theory Prometheus should have changed the canon, but it really didn't. Its personal taste at this point to discredit those films, and I'm tired of arguments saying "AVP isn't canon because it sucks." Ok. Right...

whiterabbit

I think it's a new alien as I'm pretty sure Ridley already buried the xenomorph.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed